JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Feedback

Feedback and suggestions for Destiny 2.
Edited by Spawn: 6/14/2018 2:52:14 PM

We want our skill branches back, not "skillcheries".

Yes

No

I don't care

Quote: [quote]Skilltrees?? What skilltrees? These are just a couple of cherries.🍒 [/quote] When they add the new subclasses, they should try to overhaul the subclass options to be like skilltrees in D1. The skilltrees in D1 gave the game some depth and was one of the best things that D2 runied. Anyone agree? edit: Regard what I said about skiltrees as "skill branches". [spoiler]Moderator edit: This thread has been moved to #Feedback forum so that other Destiny players can weigh in. See [url=https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/139533839/0/0]Cozmo's thread[/url] for more information about the #Feedback tag and its uses. Feel free to private message the moderator who moved your post, link to topic for further clarification about why this topic was moved.[/spoiler]
English
#feedback

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• What a terrible idea two skilltree options was. I mean talk about dumb and boring.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Somewhere in the Forsaken announcement video, someone said they heard all the player feedback, and it's all in the DLC. I'm not sure how that's possible, since a lot of the feedback conflicted. But, I don't see how they could miss this huge complaint. If this is back in the game, and Random Rolls, then the only complaint I have left is that Luke Smith is still there. As long as he's at Bungie, I won't buy any Destiny sequels. He's an awful director, and ruins everything he touches. I'll buy the game one year after it comes out, when Bungie has been forced to fix everything Smith destroyed.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
    • Edited by La Reconquista: 6/14/2018 12:52:39 AM
      Destiny 2 feels obsessed with removing the solid rpg credentials of the first game. Arguably why it’s less popular.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
      • Dumbing down the skill customization was an incredibly stupid idea.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
        • You are going to have 9 supers with ZERO ability to customize them in Forsaken. That makes Balancing things so much easier for Bungie, but completely nullifies your options to play your own way. I will definitely not be pre-ordering it until I see what they are bringing to the game. Anthem will have Dedicated servers for 4 man fire teams, which begs the question, why Not Destiny, Bungie?

Posting in language:

1 Reply
          • The skill trees weren't that great in D1, but at least you actually had options. They grossly over-simplified it in D2 and actually made the problem worse (lack of customization). It's kinda cool that news new supers are essentially bringing back the lost classes to an extent (Arc Blade & Radiance specifically) but they aren't the same. Speaking of which I still think Heart of the Praxic Fire with Song of Flame was one of the coolest things you could do in D1. Was cool being a dedicated support and just flinging nades like crazy.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
            • Here I thought D1's [i]"Skill Branches"[/i] were [b]TOO[/b] simplified for a RPG experience.. and then D2 happened...

Posting in language:

1 Reply
              • I literally can't think of one combo I want to change other than being able to have Transcendence and Arc souls at the same time. In d1 the better stuff was at the bottom. Yes, customization is better, but the people getting completely been out of shape over this make me chuckle. They combine columns two, three, and six or something and that's it. Two columns are now in your armor perks. Of all the complaints about D2 this is the lowest priority to me. I guess if I hated shoulder charge or really wanted exploding knife with the plain gg it would make some sense to me, but I just play around the short comings.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                • just make new clusters for subclass every month or two

Posting in language:

• I don’t feel the d1 system is the way to go. Almost everyone played the same and never changed anything after unlocking everything in d1 so it’s essentially the same concept. I’m ok with them keeping the current system but I do have some ideas on improvements that could be made to the current system. One thing I think they could add would be sub-perks on every grenade, melee, and class ability and instead of unlocking them through experience you unlock them through killing enemies with them or for class abilities by use or effectiveness of use if that’s something that could be tracked. I think that would help because every player uses these abilities much more than they do the actual super itself so it would have more impact on the game and give everyone something they could actively work towards in every activity. You could also use this idea to maybe add damage buffs or additional perks for the super itself by getting kills with that super. Another way to improve on it is to add more exotic items that further influence how your character behaves while in the super. Some other idea I think would be worth thinking about might be being able to upgrade certain think like reload speed and handling based not only on a specific weapon and it’s perks but how many kills you have with a given weapon type. If I get a massive amount of kills with hang cannons or scouts it makes sense that over time while accumulating them I’d get better with that weapon type as a whole. Obviously this would have a cap to it to keep things form getting too crazy but I think it would be something else you can work towards no matter what you’re doing and with different weapons being better in different instances many people would want to max out the perks for every weapon type if something like this was implemented. On top of this you could add weapons with set bonuses and/or activity specific perks to all end game activities in the game and make these perks so specific weapons are meant to be used together and be doing so properly it increases your efficiency in the game. I believe if they implemented even half of the ideas outlined above it could make the game much more interesting and fun to play than simply reintroducing the old system from d1. Lets give them the ideas and means to make the game better for everyone and not just call on them to revert to all things d1 and call on them to do so.

Posting in language:

13 Replies
                  • Man I miss running the old defender The lads and I used to mess around alot especially in Mayhem all running Defender. 2 Weapons, 2 Blessings and 2 Armor of Lights. It was so fun people popping their supers left and right only to get one shotted by a shotgun or suppressed and killed by 6 suppressor grenades

Posting in language:

• Add a third node that lets you mix and match from the other two.

Posting in language:

• Or a new subclass altogether.

Posting in language:

• Even simply keeping the four perk setup but allowing us to fill those as desired from the available perks would go a long way.

Posting in language:

• Don't expect those kinds of changes in Forsaken. The skill trees are a massive undertaking to get right.

Posting in language:

• I just want to disable the tracking Nova. Nothing more infuriating than throwing a Nova bomb at a yellow boss and then watch as it curls off to the left/right to take out a Dreg!!! “WHERE THE F**K ARE YOU GOING?!?!” Ideally, I want ‘shatter’ back. Purely for reasons like in my video. 😃

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                    • Indeed Guardian I really hope we can swap out what skills we want to use essentially creating our own combination, I can understand having a preset for casuals but have the ability to create your own. Me being a hardcore player there's certain skills that when combined together can create a phenomenal experience.

Posting in language:

• Not saying that it's a good thing that they did simplify it, but since they did.....since they did why didn't they take all of the best nods from the supers D1 had? Blessing and weapons of light, VF for the warlock and self rez warlock,....and all of the hunters abilities (seriously we all got -blam!-ed but hunters got -blam!- -blam!-ed).

Posting in language:

• It is very frustrating to be forced on one skill tree because of one perk you need.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                      • It would be cool if you could pick your super from all the available supers in D1 and D2.

Posting in language:

• Yeah, I want to pick what I want, not this one size fits all bullshit

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                        • 'Paths'. D1 used a Skill Path system. They were NOT skill trees with branches. Once you set your perk in each column you'd be able to draw a line from left to right, like a [b]path[/b]. A skill tree would be WAY more varied than a path, and potentially more convoluted than a game like this needs. The one advantage to the current 'cherry' thing is each cherry is basically a 'character', and more could be added. But it's been a year and Bungie didn't add more... Another way to do it is to have one big Attunement diamond where each angle has selectable perks of a given type (melee, super perks, passives, etc). It would resemble the left section of the sub-class menu. This would use the perks already in game, in a function not unlike how you already adjust your jumping and class abilities. Basically anything is better than now. I wouldn't mind a return to paths, either.

Posting in language:

7 Replies
                          • D1 skill trees had the depth of a puddle. Granted D2 has the depth of a teacup. D1 is not a model to strive towards

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                            • I don’t understand your cherry reference, but I sure as shit wouldn’t mind a reason to try different perk/ability/exotic combos to have some fun. Customization is never a bad thing, unless you don’t understand it, or want balance in pvp. Then I can see where you might oppose this. I would actually prefer more complex skill systems than random rolls, to be honest. Min-maxing a hand-cannon feels asinine compared to finding absurd ability combos.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                              • I think a more stylized version of the D1 perk trees is called for. I wish I could explain the concept in my head better than I'm about to. If there are 2 Supers, they would be shown side-by-side. Branching from them would be 3 different selectable perks to enhance them. One perk would be unique to Super A, another perk in the middle would be a general perk that could go either way, and the last perk would be unique to the other Super. This same thing would be applied to Melees, Combat skills, Class skills, and Grenades.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                                • we need open ended skill trees

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                                ;
                                preload icon
                                preload icon
                                preload icon