JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
5/29/2018 1:37:51 PM

"You're not a developer you can't judge Bungie"

That excuse is a load of shit. if you've played any decent game out there and then play Destiny 2 you have every right to come to this forum and tell Bungie they suck at making games. OG Bungie was able to make Halo CE with a SMALL team. And modern Bungie can't even make a game that lasts more than a week with a HUGE team and a real studio.
English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• i don't have to be a chef to tell if the meal taste good or like shit ...

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

2 Replies
    • I judge all the time. I’m not a developer.

Posting in language:

• Ive only seen this comment used when people dont understand what programming is like. For example a lot of suggestions to add to the game probably just arent possible with the current code and would need big reworks to the engine and cant be done within a small period of time.

Posting in language:

• Your standpoint isn't much better, I'll point out. From an objective standpoint Destiny is a very technically well made game. It's not very fair to the developer to take any gripes you have with the game and say "wow, you suck at making games!". That's helpful to exactly zero people. Destiny and Halo are fundamentally very different, so that comparison is more or less moot as well. The reason Destiny's content doesn't last very long isn't that there isn't much of it, but rather that people power through it in as little time as they can manage then turn around and say: "jeez, this game has no content." Combine that with the bandwagon mentality these forums have and you're now reduced to two disparate halves of the community. One side loves to hate the game, the other just wants to enjoy it without being ridiculed. Criticism is helpful, but only when alternatives or suggestions are offered. "This game sucks." is not good criticism.

Posting in language:

• Saying that "You can't judge X because you're not X" is the equivalent of saying that a driver can't judge a car manufacturer for releasing a car that has faulty brakes.

Posting in language:

Everyone who plays our game has the right to give their opinions. We just ask you do so in a respectful manner and don't attack or insult anyone in the process. You don't have to be a developer to give feedback on whether something is fun or exciting to play.

Posting in language:

245 Replies
      • I judge people on their actions, in the lead up to Warmind bungie were very vocal in areas that they thought were moving the playerbase concerns forward, however, although they sounded like they were "listening" and "taking on board" the feedback we didn't actually get any real information or concrete promises on what they are planning to do to fix the game. What we got were promises leading up to their "sumit" that they would speak to our "community leaders" (their words, not mine) and then those people would report back with what they learned, but what we got were vague "we saw this" and "they told us this" but ultimately they weren't allowed to tell us what they learned because of some BS non disclosure agreement, but we did get plenty of videos of the gifts and codes and other stuff they got and hey presto, the futre of D2 is going to be full of sunshine and marshmallows. Now that Warmind is out and has been live for a few weeks and the communication pipeline has shut down almost completely, they don't address issues or concerns, the whole eververse thing is a hot topic once again with the addition of the Iron Banner emote, the crucible has become almost unplayable for a lot of people, power progress is a mess and rewards still suck for the time and effort that we have to put in for them. I'm not a programmer, I just like to play games with my friends, but when my freinds abandon the sequel of the game that brought a lot of us together and held our attention for 3+ years, then thats a problem, a big problem. The visuals and soundscape of this game are stunning, the content and core are lacking in a lot of areas, don't get me wrong, i do believe that things are better now at the time of this post (30/05/2018) than they were at launch, but you can only paper over holes in the wall for so long before they come tumbling down and I really hope that bungie don't let that happen. Keep speaking to us guys, stop holding onto information that would sooth the burning anger of the community for "exclusive reveals" at expos and your rare twitch outings, you were doing so well and then you retreated again after the new DLC dropped and hid in your "everythig is cool" bunker.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • [quote] OG Bungie was able to make Halo CE with a SMALL team. And modern Bungie can't even make a game that lasts more than a week with a HUGE team and a real studio.[/quote] Right there ..... that’s why.

Posting in language:

• Luke Smith judged Destiny 2 when he tweeted about playing Monster Hunter. :)

Posting in language:

2 Replies
          • The 3rd FREE title update is now available [spoiler]Its Monster Hunter World[/spoiler]

Posting in language:

3 Replies
            • Hey look at the bright side at least they're not developing mass shooting Simulators

Posting in language:

6 Replies
              • more than a week? d2 has been almost a year

Posting in language:

I have experience with 3d modelling and animation. I also have experience with scripting/coding... but since I'm not Bungie or a streamer with 100k subscribers, my opinion doesn't matter and neither does the experience I bring to the table when I make feedback posts or respond to feedback posts. I am just another one of those salty trolls who doesn't know what he/she is talking about and needs to go away because Bungie = God and everything they say is scripture. Anyone who thinks differently is just being toxic for the sake of trolling and is a blight on humanity. Also, Everse is awesome and Bungie is too generous with their lootbox pricing. You should be glad they only charged you $20 for the dlc because both CoO and Warmind were totally amazing and the story should've been nominated for the Nobel Prize in Literature. Now, the question one must ask... how many times will I get downvoted because someone couldn't tell I was being sarcastic with most of that? I really do have experience in the development field but regardless of my experience, or how well thought out and written my posts are, in the end Bungie doesn't care and the BDF will vehemently defend them to the death with comments like "you're just a crybaby who wants everything handed to them" or "Give them a break, they've only been making games for over a decade and that's not long enough for any developer to have some kind of understanding of how gamers think or what they want."

Posting in language:

6 Replies
                • damn son I saw the title and was going to come and cover you in soooo much salty goodness (that sounded bad but Im sticking with it!) Then I read and now I agree..ill save my rage for another day :)

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                  • Isn’t it Activision that’s fu**ing up D2? Just asking, as that’s what my partner thinks it is, considering Halo was a decent game.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
                    • "Og bungie" was well over 10 years ago. Wake up and get with the times and stop thinking its the same bungie that made halo

Posting in language:

5 Replies
                      • The purpose of the phrase comes from your lack of knowledge of how games are actually developed...not that you don't know what worked in some other game or some crap. Seriously?

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                        • Please name a FPS you have played daily for almost 4 years? I know I can’t, just saying.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                          • I think this is the worst excuse. Movie critics don’t make movies. Music critics don’t make music. Sports pundits don t play sports (professionally) and I’m not including ex players. Book critics don’t write books. And now if you’re a gamer you can’t criticize games. It has nothing to do with making them. Playing thousands of hours of games gives you experience and you can use that for criticism. It’s called opinions. They are not right. They are not wrong. They are your personal feeling of the game. If someone disagrees then fine. That’s a good thing. Don’t get your balls twisted cuz they don’t agree with you.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Victor Solo: 5/31/2018 1:22:02 PM
                            Bungie dropped the ball for not upgrading to a better engine, marrying Activision, and releasing [i]Destiny 2[/i] instead of building upon [i]Destiny[/i]. I'm not gonna pretend to know what goes on at Bungie, but I can tell when a studio lacks passion.

Posting in language:

11 Replies
                            • You’re a customer. You’re literally entitled to demand value for your money. Everyone else can eff off.

Posting in language:

• As the consumer of their product it is our job to judge them.

Posting in language:

• I am a developer and I can see many many issues with the game, not just bugs but normal background functionality. So yeah, we all have an opinion and since we all paid good money for this game, we are entitled to our views.

Posting in language:

• Yes but they do not understand the way human react to to games that well when they start put the numerbers to there game , and behaivor , reason mmos back in the day paid million on that part there planning, reason see some free to play and dlc type games work and cash shops, bungie has no clue , they still living in the past on progression ,

Posting in language:

• Edited by Mindfulpizza: 5/31/2018 10:04:33 AM
                              No but many of us have played games for over 15 years online , many game we have seen fail and many game we have played that failed , and what bungie did to destiny is something many devs and many gamers over the last 15 years of mmo gamer have seen failed , you can not not make a new wheel that been out there just , improve on it . the wheel .

Posting in language:

• I think most could agree if bungie would of just continued from destiny 1 and changed things as time passed then people wouldn't be as POed. Completely changing how things work, well is going to make people extremely annoyed.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                            ;
                            preload icon
                            preload icon
                            preload icon