JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by FenRaft: 5/21/2018 2:51:10 PM

Maybe that streamers summit wasn't a good idea after all

I like how all the YouTubers and Streamers are glossing over the fact that Escalation Protocol wasn't originally going to be as tough as it is now. And it's only ridiculously hard now because they told Bungie to make it so. They're all behaving like they had nothing to do with the decision at all. In one of his video, Unknown Player was like "Bungie need to change EP, as it is now it is unsustainable". Ya think?! If all the suggestions they made to Bungie are in the same vein, the Comet expansion is going to be "interesting". EDIT: Yes, yes. You're all super good and breeze through any activity Destiny has to offer. Well done. I'm not a special snowflake, ok. I'm a middle aged guy who plays D2 to unwind. I don't mind the difficulty, I actually enjoy difficulty in video games. But this is Destiny, not -blam!-ing Dark Souls. Difficulty is one thing but if you need 9 guys at max light to complete something, maybe that thing is a tad too hard for a AAA game who's designed to be "a hobby". Just saying. I know I'm way too low to complete EP, and I'm grand with that. I actually like the grind and I'm perfectly happy leveling up organically and bite my time until I can attempt it. I'm also a bit sick of being pinged by randos, asking me to invite their mates so I can promote them to FT lead and bugger off. That wasn't my point though. My point was that EP is hard - maybe too hard - and streamers now have the gall to whinge about it even though they were the ones who asked Bungie to make it harder. I just dread to think what advice they gave Bungie about the Comet expansion. Because right now, on the advice front, we're 0 for 1. As you were.
English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Edited by Odin: 5/22/2018 12:46:29 AM
    I don't care what anyone says. Streamers, YouTubers, "content creators" whatever you want to call them. They are all the plague to this game. If it wasn't for this greedy company using them to sell the next thing whatever that may be, this game wouldn't be such a huge mess. Cozmo said the feedback taken from this forum is Only 1%. 1% isn't JS when it comes to this forum giving feedback to this company. Gee, I wonder where the rest of that feedback is coming from because Reddit is not the entire player base, and people that enable a company to keep making their deliberate poor actions are the problem on why games are being created the way they are today. Can't say that at all back in the day...

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

40 Replies
    • Edited by Nthjester: 5/25/2018 7:22:33 PM
      They are scrambling to say it isn't their fault at this point too! Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
      • Dude I'm so good EP is so easy, it needs to be harder! Im so good i need more challenge! I breeze through it you're just not good enough! I want to let you know how easy it is for me because I want everyone to know how good I am at this game my hunter is so godlike omg! I never played a real sport or won anything in my life so i take a lot of pride at how good I am at this game and enjoy streaming and letting people know how great I am at a video game. I also like putting others down at a video games even if they don't care! I talk real tough on the internet because in real life I'll get left hooked in the face if I run my mouth this way! Git gud snowflake! :-p

Posting in language:

2 Replies
        • nobody, other than bungie and streamer fanbois, ever thought it was a good idea

Posting in language:

• Well the forums and reddit just broke Mtashed lol saw a rant video he just made about people calling streamers out

Posting in language:

• Another scrub complaining about a difficult activity. Shut up, Meg. I've completed wave 7 at 365 with guys who were between 350 to 372. Get a tractor cannon, develop tactics and coordinate, and win. It's about god damn time this game had an activity that makes casuals cry harder than a bieber fan.

Posting in language:

15 Replies
          • I wouldn't be surprised if, originally, Bungie made it like base level 340 or lower. But summit members got accounts of similar level, and only had access to, maybe, level 3. So they were at or overleveled, and thought it was too easy. They say so, thinking Bungie will increase the base level by 5-10 points. But no, Bungie doesn't do small buffs or nerfs (which this is). No, they go all or nothing. Go big or go home. Resulting in a probably 15-20+ point base level increase. Which would explain why level 7 enemies are level 400.

Posting in language:

• What gets me is that, Bungie added questlines in the game that need EP to be completed. They also made the game harder to level up for most people and made EP an endgame activitiy... None of this has any synergy whatsoever. I'm not sure why Bungie thought it was a good idea to put an end game activity in a public space with 0 matchmaking, knowing full well what it would take to complete it. If anything the first wave or two should be near the soft cap. Cuz for this next step of Nascent Dawn, getting 10 waves in is gonna be a chore. There's something wrong when your game feels more like a chore than a fun experience, and people have to jump through hoops just to play it.

Posting in language:

• OK OK OK OK let me educate you, just a little bit. THE SUMMIT's purpose was to get ''BACK'' all the youtubers / streamers / internet celeb that deserted this pathetic franchise, that's it. They told them everything, but threatened to sue them if they released any information about what was said in there. The summit was not for you or me , it was for Bungie to lick the Aholes of all the internet sensations & to beg them to give Destiny 2 a chance. It is sad, but it is the truth also :)

Posting in language:

1 Reply
            • I'll never understand why people kiss streamers asses or give them any money for whatever damn reason other than to suck up thinking they'll be your friend.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
              • Streamers, youtubers, podcasters and anyone that makes a living off the game are outliers and their opinions should be taken with a truckload of salt because their desires in a game are not the normal person let alone the average game consumer or the majority of game consumers. The dcp pod had a streamer on who complained getting to max light was way too easy, they were like world’s first on the raid but they then states that he doesn’t play anymore cause there’s nothing to do, he hit max fast. It’s his fault because he blew threw all the content in order to raid. That’s not normal. I am just now seeing 360s in patrol. And unless you get really lucky with your power engrams you hit a light wall.

Posting in language:

8 Replies
                • I've been reading through the comments and it's hilarious seeing someone say to go play Fortnite. News flash moron, that's what most of the population of D2 did and a lot are still doing, including the popular Destiny streamers. Telling people to go play the much more popular and lucrative game probably isn't a great idea when the population of D2 is so bad.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                  • MERCILESS MASTERWORK https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/245531617/0/0

Posting in language:

• The streamers aren’t at fault. They even requested that bungie add 6-9 player matchmaking or fire teams for this. EP is not impossible, the task of getting a proper team for it is and the streamers know it and have brought it to attention. They want what’s best for the game as it’s their income. EP would be too easy if it was balanced around 3 people teams. They either need to make it 3 manable and make it so only 3 can join one instance or make it easier to get 9 people together and hence make it more accessible.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                    • If bungie didnt refuse to let us load 6 people into a patrol it would be fine

Posting in language:

• Edited by CrypticManager: 5/23/2018 3:12:25 PM
                      Game is super casual now...I completely agree with anything they say... ain’t sucking their dick but I agree with them

Posting in language:

• Average players should not be able to complete the hardest end game activities.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                      • People kept crying about everything in D1, the meta how you progress etc etc so they changed everything in D2 abd guess what? People kept crying for the situation in D2. Warmind is a step forward. This game needs end game real tough activity and bring back the taken king progression. Its not acceptable for an mmorpg to reach level cap from everything! Only from endgame stuff. Sadly the listened the casuals but really warmind is fun and good!

Posting in language:

• The ennemies in EP --> Spongeeebobeuuu, and people call that ish ''difficulty'' O M E G A L U L.

Posting in language:

• I think EP would be fine if you could reliably team up

Posting in language:

• Edited by Titan: 5/23/2018 12:37:31 PM
                        Personally I'm fine with the difficulty, it shouts endgame. An easier way to form a team of nine would be great! Or at the very least, focus on filling up instances on Mars at all times then giving priority to ongoing EP events. I'm still ~25 levels off from being near that, so it getting crazy is understandable. Although with the quest from Ana a lot more people want to do EP. Yesterday a full 9 man instance gathered fairly quickly, everyone stuck around and we made it to Level 7 (up to, not completed) multiple times despite enemies being at 400. I'm pretty sure how we got there was more than just shooting, despite being almost full randos (I had one friend with me) there was mild teamwork. -Me and one other where using Tractor to debuff tough enemies all the time. -A Tether was almost always in use. -The group focused down certain enemies/bosses (super important when you get 3 bosses at once). -During the Shadow Rifts the group split up, then rotated to help the others with their Knights. -During Heroic Events, most focused on the bosses while 2-3 did the event. Lots of revives! When you get to level 4+, it gets super fun and crazy. Although you'll lose frames (standard PS4), but fun as hell. We spent just over and hour or so doing it.

Posting in language:

• Right now I've only really experienced the first 3 levels. I'm pretty sure that most people will be in a similar position. The difficulty isn't down to the mechanics of the activity like in a raid but purely down to the amount and the level of the enemies making them massive bullet sponges, though I've read there are more mechanics later. This means you need a large number of people to complete any level. The game is not equipped for this. The game is not designed to allow you get a team of 6+ guardians into patrol without hassling randoms to invite people to their fireteam which is EPs biggest problem. Its barrier to entry is just too high not just for power level but also in the logistics of getting a team into the activity. The streamers invited to the summit don't experience the game like we do. Their job is to play the game so have all the time needed to grind to a a high power level so that will only ever be a minimal barrier for them. They also have a chat full of people begging to play with them at any time, so getting the numbers together for any activity will never be a problem. Their name recognition will also make it a lot easier for them to get people to let them into their patrol fireteam, or to leave patrol, so they can get 9 in for an EP run. EP is now the ultimate elitest activity and this is in part because of the feedback Bungie got from streamers who play in a bubble were they don't have the same problems as the rest of us and who benefit massively from these barriers to entry. I hope that Bungie learn from this and in future do a summit were they invite average players to get their feedback. They will have plenty of data on us and our clans so I'm sure they could easily identify a cross section of players of different skill levels for whom this game is a hobby. I honestly believe their feedback would be incredibly valuable. If you were given EP to test in a team of 9, on patrol and all able communicate with each other wouldn't you have asked how you were meant to do that at home? Would you have asked if fireteam sizes in patrol were increasing? Would you have asked how you were meant to talk to blueberries in game? Would you have asked what you get for completing a level? Or would you just say to make it harder and raise the barrier for entry as high as possible?

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                        • I’m not surprised. The majority of the so called content creators think about how the game can be made to make them money. That’s their livelihood and their number 1 priority. They don’t give a crap about what’s more fun and what the majority of the player base considers important. If you’re gullible enough to support them then you’re to blame as well for the state of D2. Why did they all bail if they were in it for the long haul?

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                          • So let me get this right. Are you complaining that an end game activity is to hard while you are no where near end game? People since D2 launched have been asking for end game activities. They have been begging for harder content. They give it to you and you complain that it’s to hard and you are not even at end game yet. What the activity needs is proper match making not to be nerfed so noobs can do it.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                            • It's not necessarily streamers and youtubers.... it's the WRONG streamers and youtubers. They brought in the asskissers and d!cklickers who need to promote this game to keep their channels going. They brought in people who have leeched off Destiny for 4 years with videos and only say negative things when they know they can't defend Bungie to their fans over certain decisions. They should have asked the more skeptical streamers and youtubers who are critical of the game and have left the game. Because c#ntwipes like Datto, MoreConsole, Ms500Watts are not going to be too critical of the game. Sure they will offer honest feedback, but the reality is these people were going to play Warmind anyway. They were going to make videos anyway. They just wanted things THEY wanted as hardcore players with 15+ hours a day to play the game. People who aren't playing the game anymore should have been invited, because then Bungie could have asked what changes needed to be made in order to bring them back. That would have been a more critical discussion. Instead, they invited the ego boosters, instead of the critics. If Bungie was serious about wanting to improve the game, they should have brought in people who left the game. People who want to like the game, but just can't get passed the flaws D2 has.

Posting in language:

22 Replies
                              • 9 guys at bear minimum light to damage the boss. its designed for 3 people at max light. People grouped up and did it as 9 to finish it the first week without having to actually be appropriate level

Posting in language:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7
                              You are not allowed to view this content.
                              ;
                              preload icon
                              preload icon
                              preload icon