JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by ryebar: 4/18/2018 7:34:30 PM
ryebar

Look at all the crying over DFA grind

It’s what I’d expect. D2 built for casuals and everyone leaves. Hardcore remains adamant about more grind so an activity is created via Bungie that relies on RNG grind. Casuals scream bloody hell. Cry about how many attempts etc etc. Hardcore embrace the grind and accept that RNG can be cruel and sometimes the opposite. Guess what? It took years for some players to get the guns/rolls they wanted in D1. If random rolls come back in September the crying will only intensify. Suck it up. You want D2 to get better? The RNG grind is one component to getting it headed back in the right direction. EDIT April 17: Good discussion Guardians. This topic is one that should be addressed at the Summit. Getting the thoughts and opinions from the actual player base is what Bungie needs to better the game. EDIT April 18: As you scroll through the comments and opinions below you get a strong sense of just how diverse the Destiny community is. Trying to please some by creating a Casual game alienating others(Hard core) by shifting too far in that direction. Let’s hope Bungie can get their heads around this and clearly define what Destiny 2 truly is going to be?
English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• I play Destiny since Day 1.Back then u where so happy when u get a exotic.That happynes i gone because now getting exotics is a joke.On the other hand:We tried to help a friend getting the DFA.We did 70+ prestige runs and none of us got the DFA.As a hardcore player i must say you are right.But you have to understand that not everyone is ok with 3 days grind with no reward at the end.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Edited by SLOOOT_APOCALYPS: 4/21/2018 2:44:07 PM
    I have a friend he crys real hard no matter if the grind takes a few days to get to Max light or a few months to get into max light the cry is the same don't listen to The Cry, listen to the emotion, the emotion has built because they put a severe amount of effort into this and will not give up. You want to know the sound of something bad it's not the crying it's a sound of silence silence on the forums. Silence in the network players silently leaving for fortnight and warframe and monster hunter. when I got annoyed with Team shooting I didn't cry I went silent and played a different game or just stuck to strikes and raids, but that got old. The only reason I'm playing again is because I'm visiting a friend and his account is low light, you see even a salted out Bungie disciple like me will do what needs to be done when he sees the big grind.

Posting in language:

• Edited by PumaCheyenne: 4/17/2018 8:38:55 PM
    Sure, it's the casuals. No, it's the Twitch streamers and YouTubers. It's the PvP players. It's the whiners. Why is this games failing? How about looking at a developer that made bad decisions and slow motion fixes for the majority of the life span of the first version of the game? Why have a progression system based on RNG? Once you get to level 20, that's where it begins. Players revolted over it in Star Wars Battlefront 2. It made the news, was all over the internet and the dev had to admit that RNG based progression isn't a good idea. Anytime someone points out that it's not a good idea in Destiny either... WHINER, HATER...[b]CASUAL![/b] I've played other looter shooters before. Did my share of grinding. In Borderlands, it's a lot. Once you have the infinite pistol, when you go up enough levels it becomes too weak, gotta go grind for it again. Same thing for the conference call. I'd solo the Warrior for that one. With Destiny, Bungie has a history of failure with adequately balancing RNG, power, so many aspects of the game only to get it to a comfortable place near the end of Destiny's life span. In Destiny 2, legendaries are falling from the skies! Well, they kind of have to. The economy is based on glimmer, tokens and legendary shards. There's still a duplication problem. For many players, my clan and friends list is pretty big so I go with what I hear from them- exotic engrams are more likely to decrypt as a duplicate than a new. A few times, well keep trying. Almost all the time? They would never see an exotic engram decrypt into a particular weapon or armor until after they bought it from Xur, after that they would get duplicates of that item. If that's "working as intended" then why piss off players when you have so few of them at this point? Why does the pendulum have to swing so wide? Why does it have to be one extreme or the other? When rewards are raining from the skies the game is pointless and not fun to play. When it's a soul crushing grind it's pointless and no fun to play. D1 veterans- we've seen this- a weapon or ability is deemed "too powerful" and gets nerfed to the [b]ground[/b]. To uselessness. One extreme or the other. I have friends and clan mates who have been grinding since last Tuesday that didn't see that hand cannon drop for anyone on their team after dozens of times beating it. I was in party chat with them. [b]They were not having fun.[/b] You could hear it in their voices. Not angry, not whiny... just a lack of enthusiasm. Boredom. It was a chore. And no, not casuals. In D2, you don't get to choose to play the same strike over and over to farm for the flayer cloak or item that dropped from that specific strike like we used to. Either you end up in it in the playlists or your next chance is when it's the nightfall again. I for one don't really have a problem with ultra rare or difficult to get gear. Remember the Cobra unique sniper rifle? The only explosive sniper that dropped from Mr Torgue's Campaign of Carnage. The rarest weapon of all of Borderlands 2 and its dlc. Did my share of grinding for it, never got one. So what? I had fun with my friends trying. So is that what it means to be a non-casual? Grinding at a game that has its issues with being fun until they'd rather be doing anything else but that? If this is working as intended, if Bungie is trying to give players a worthwhile reason to come back, is it a good idea to use RNG that does more to discourage than provide fun? To convince them that D 2 is pointless? No, this isn't a casual issue. It's their inability to get things like balance and RNG right. Edit: the cobra was unique, not legendary.

Posting in language:

11 Replies
    • I'm okay with it. If I get the gun, great. If not, next time. I'm also okay with the ghosts and sparrows personally. Should they have better abilities, sure, but it's not like they affect the game in any huge way. Complaining about lack of a trail to me is just people complaining to complain. That being said, Bungie should take note of people's reactions to the Ghost and Sparrow given so far and try to change the other rewards accordingly, or plan for new rewards accordingly. I think Tilt Burner would be really cool if after you dismount it it flies forward and explodes. It doesn't have to deal massive damage, but it would be an interesting mechanic considering the Sparrow has bombs strapped all over it.

Posting in language:

• I ran the nightfall 8-10 times and didn't get it to drop, and I'm okay with that. Sucks that I have to wait for it to be in the rotation again, but still gives me a reason to run it when it comes back around. Have no intention of grinding for a sparrow or ghost though....

Posting in language:

• Edited by Bacquekg 69: 4/19/2018 1:33:54 AM
      Who gives a shit about grind when they will take all our hard work away when d3 comes out like they did with d1

Posting in language:

3 Replies
      • Grind isn't necessary. Quality, difficult but fun content with loot worth doing it for, is.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
        • I don't mind the grind as long there something worth grinding for, what its wort and what isn't depends of the player but that aside and coming from just reading the TWAB and the future changes to soft caps, hard caps and how hard/easy it will be to reach said caps, from a PvE perspective (and raid aside), its all pointless grind and wasted time to me, what´s even the point of level and power level other than locking you out of a specific activity, everything is scaled to you, it doesn't feel any different doing one thing at level 10 and 100 power from doing that same thing at level 25 350 power. I am all in for the grind and for it to be harder to get to max level but make it feel like we got somewhere make it mean something other than just making it take longer to change the numbers on a screen, at least we had leveled enemies in D1, yes they became obsolete and too easy as we progressed but we felt we were getting somewhere, that we were getting more powerful, as it is in D2 we feel as if we are stuck and getting nowhere. but it may be just me... sorry for the rant and bad english.

Posting in language:

• Well if people are crying about that gun just wait until they see the new levelling system for the Warmind it’s worse than vanilla destiny 1 check this out https://youtu.be/T4ET9wOkmBM Fast forward to 6:30 for the new levelling system

Posting in language:

3 Replies
          • Destiny 3. I think that’s all we need to know. It’s coming this Christmas.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
            • I agree my people quit so no 3rd man, me and my girlfriend been grinding nightfalls on our own. it didn't drop but I'm not complaining didn't get black spendal to after April update so I love the grind just makes me grind harder.

Posting in language:

• Did the Nightfall about 57 times. Didn't get it. I'm not complaining. It's probably not even that good anyways..... *Mumbles curses*

Posting in language:

1 Reply
              • lol It's not the "casuals" there, sport. Casuals don't have much invested in the game, but in every online persistent world game, casuals make up the largest majority of players. And they do so by a vast margin. When Bungie increased the grind arbitrarily to cater to the Streamers and the PvP crowd, they hyper-focused on the competitive-PvP aspects (which this game will never be), and increased the grind to a level that made the "hard-core" Gamers happy. This most likely did in fact upset the "casuals" as you allude to. But here's the thing that you're not understanding about "Casual Gamers": Casuals won't hit the Forums and bitch and whine about what is/is not fair. Casuals simply leave the game, and don't come back. Hence, Destiny 2's -still- plunging player population numbers.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                • There needs to be a middle ground imo. I’ve been on the crap end of rng a lot through this series, still am. I can’t get 2 pieces I need to be 335. Think about that.,.i need a chest and a cloak and ain’t got either one of them to drop at max light in MONTHS. There’s nothing good about that, nothing rewarding. I still play regardless of how much bs the game keeps putting me through, Casuals left due to the lack of content and fun. Not necessarily because of the grind. My buddy is a casual and he said it too, he was tired of grinding and it getting the exact pieces he needed. Felt no reward for playing and it wasn’t fun with everyone running the same pvp meta. He didn’t find the game fun or rewarding. Yet if it was both he’d gladly play. They need to figure out a solution to appease both. Maybe make it possible to infuse materials to level up gear. Hmmm

Posting in language:

13 Replies
                  • Edited by brose one: 4/17/2018 5:40:19 PM
                    lol @ the idea of casuals joining forums to complain about a game they casually play. real "casuals" don't know b.net exist.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                    • Was the dfa grind that brought me back for a bit. Ran a crap ton of nightfall and still no dfa bit I enjoyed having a grind, a reason to play even if just for a couple days

Posting in language:

• ............... I can't be bothered to log in to go after some crap gun that I'll never use. Enjoy grinding for some worthless piece of trash? Heck it could be absolutely amazing and it still wouldn't be worth grinding for. You can use absolutely anything and do just fine in PvE... I beat the prestige leviathon using antiope/uriels/ colony..... you can use just about anything in PvP and be successful.......... so why on gods green earth would I grind one activity for hours upon hours to get something that is absolutely unneeded? Because that's fun? This game doesn't even know what fun is.

Posting in language:

• Who cares what the casuals think, give me more grind, more I say, lmfao. I had so much fun grinding that DFA, fun not seen since D1... Personally I love it.

Posting in language:

• I don't mind grinding for the weapons or other stuff that i want, But since the clan that i joined don't play this game anymore i am now a solo player, And as a solo player i have to use guided games to do the nightfall and raid which means i and other solo players have to use tickets to get the things we want and we only get a certain amount of tickets each season.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                      • Edited by Lyrro: 4/18/2018 2:40:43 PM
                        Now that I'm on break and have adequate time, I'm going to delve into this topic. For starters, don't pretend to speak for those of us who did farm for months (to over a year) for our drops. I'm the guy who never got his Ghally drop prior to the TTK expansion. Care to guess how many raid groups I missed out on because I didn't have the weapon nearly every group required? How about how many times I got replaced in a raid because "a buddy with ghally just logged in"? and everyone knows the only way to kill Crota was with Gjally. I was the sword bearer for nearly every crota raid I did, but most groups already had a dedicated sword bearer. I farmed strikes for months to get a god tier Imago Loop, never got it. Prior to Black Spindal, I farmed for months to get a 1000yd Stare with specific perks, got a few adequate ones but never the one I wanted. Unlike you, I know the experience of grinding for months and never getting the one item I wanted/needed. I know you've always gotten your drops within a dozen or two tries because noone who has spent months or years farming for a drop in any game would try to use such grinds to justify a pure rng loot system. I'd appreciate it if you didn't try to speak for players like me or use us to justify your opinion when you clearly have no experience in such matters. Spoiler below is my original post should anyone wish to reference for first two responses. [spoiler]It's both depressing and hillarious that you would try to justify years of grinding in a game for a single item. What kind of trauma did you suffer to make you think that years of grinding for a weapon in a game was a time or effort respecting "grind". To defend something like that tells me... A) You got your drop very quickly and with little effort. B) You have no future in game development.[/spoiler]

Posting in language:

14 Replies
                        • AMEN!

Posting in language:

• I'm a casual gamer, but hardcore Destiny since Dark Below. Grinding for those Exotics or random rolls and getting them after long hours are the memories you remember in the game. I remember my first Ghorn, and the next three that I got within two weeks after it. What I remember exactly when I got my first Ghorn is who I played with and the activity. I remember my first Black Spindle run and who I did it with and how many seconds were left when we beat it. I remember each raid I beat for the first time and who I did it with. In D2, I don't have any of those memories unfortunately. I want that grind back for random rolls, weapons that feel special and show off when you have it on you in the tower, I play much less D2 than D1. I know my wife is happier because of it. LoL!

Posting in language:

• Casuals crying about game mechanics like RNG and Grinding.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                          • I have never been a fan of random rolls, or of grinding. I also don't consider myself a casual. RNG is fine when implemented correctly. When it is used to enhance your build, or allow you to finally craft something. This RNG adds nothing to the game but a pointless grind. Because when you finally get the item, the grind is gone. It is not hard, it is not rewarding, it is random and it pisses me off. It has been a bad taste in my mouth since destiny 1.

Posting in language:

• 68 night falls and did not drop for me. Oh well maybe next time. That is the risk you take with RNG There were guardians who did not get Gjallahorn for years, and that was because Xur sold it right before Rise of Iron. At some point I am sure they will make it part of strike specific loot like D1 and everyone can obtain it.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                            • Dude the Hardcore ARE the ones crying about the pointless grind! This is exactly what I kept saying. Just because some idiotic streamers have been saying "Bring the grind back" does not in any way shape or form represent what people actually wanted! So what do they actually want (not thatBungie will listen given they think streamers hold the answers sheesh!) 1. More Black Spindle style quests and side quests. Hidden within strikes and missions. 2. Strike specific loot mechanics like those settled on in D1 i.e. you can grind for keys to chests and then GUARANTEE a price of strike specific loot from the strike of your choice when you use a key on the end of strike boss chest! Only RNG is which piece of loot you get from the strike specific loot pool for that strike, NOT whether you get a piece at all! 3. Special quests and loot based on the daily mission mechanic. 4. Exotic bounties tied to vendor reputation. 5. Exotic quests tied to faction level. 6. The life exotic on exotic armour to introduce sets and set mechanics. I'm betting the asshats at the conference mention none of these things and instead plug their "exclusive hype content"

Posting in language:

39 Replies
                              1 2 3 4 5 6 7
                              You are not allowed to view this content.
                              ;
                              preload icon
                              preload icon
                              preload icon