JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

#feedback

Edited by dmg04: 4/11/2018 12:27:37 AM

Can we stop focusing on PVP and work on the PVE?

We know all the Bungie folks love and prefer their crucible. Some of us love the game and the grind. We just want something that isn’t so repetitive and unrewarding. Same weapon with different skins and names? No. Emblems and Shaders? Maybe a few but you over did it. We need a reason for everyone that left to get excited and logon again. So put some energy to the gameplay. I have seen a ton of good ideas and criticisms you can use. [spoiler]Moderator edit: This thread has been moved to #Feedback forum so that other Destiny players can weigh in.  [url=https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/139533839/0/0] See Cozmo's thread here[/url] for more information about the #Feedback tag and its uses. Feel free to private message the moderator who moved your post, link to topic for further clarification about why this topic was moved.[/spoiler]
English
#feedback

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• With Destiny Update 1.1.4, we put more focus on PvE when applying Sandbox changes. For many of the notes, you can see that weapons and archetypes had PvE specific changes. This is something the team is looking to do moving forward - creating a powerful and exciting feel in PvE, and ensuring PvP balancing doesn't stomp the fun. Thank you for your feedback!

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

31 Replies
    • Edited by Black Magic: 4/14/2018 4:09:01 AM
      PvE has no meaningful content, it’s not exciting, it’s not fun, content is nonexistent, shooting strike bosses with a primary is pathetic, it’s not challenging, AI is to predictable. Removing PvP is the dumbest thing that could ever happen with this game. If that happens, it’s wrap. Both sides of the game are already struggling to keep a steady player base, mainly PvE.

Posting in language:

• PVP isn't the problem it's the fact Bungie changed the type of game Destiny was because they didn't know what the core D1 player was about. D1 was a FPS RPG looter shooter that had both PVE and PVP that was linked together by a power progression system. To me and many others it was a online life, sad I know but true none the less. But D2 is now heavily focused towards the FPS aspect of the game and that's where the problem lies. Limited customisation has taken too much of the RPG element away. Static rolls have limited the looter shooter aspect and replay value and as such stunted the end game in both PVE and PVP. The power progression is laughable, it's basically just a number to chase, it doesn't make you any more powerful, just less weak. And it doesn't link the different activities together now, because you can hit max power by easy things like public events and being in a clan. Ok some of these changes like static rolls might have come about for the so called benefit of PVP. But in reality they haven't, it was done to make balancing easier. Because if they were a real benefit to D2's PVP it would be thriving but it isn't, it's a struggling mess. Why? Because Bungie miss judged what D1 fans were after. PVE vs PVP isn't the argument we should be having. It's the way the FPS aspect of Destiny has taken centre stage and pushed out the RPG looter shooter parts.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
      • Edited by CaptainALEX: 4/11/2018 8:26:28 AM
        Don't worry PvE content is coming soon but you gonna pay 60 bucks that's good ol bungie

Posting in language:

• Why not allow matchmaking for the Raid? It is hard enough to find 3 people for the Nightfall let alone 6 for the raid.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
        • “No.” ~Bungie

Posting in language:

3 Replies
          • No because it’s bungie, and they want the streamers back sucking them off

Posting in language:

• I think Bungie---especially on the PVP end of things---is just out of touch with the nature of the game they created and how the community sees the game and plays it. I think the problem is that all of Bungie's experience making games prior to Destiny is with shooter games.....but with Destiny they created a game that is actually a looter-shooter. So they don't understand (or understand but don't want to accept) that the community sees this game as primarily a PVE game.....and primarily a loot-based RPG that just happens to have silky smooth FPS game play. This creates two problems for the game in my opinion. 1. Bungie does things from a shooter game developer's point of view that would satisfy SHOOTER gamers, but annoy and frustrate the RPG gamers that make up the vast majority of the game's PVE player base. 2. Bungie has this notion that it can tune the game to this middle-ground that will please every one, and encourage people to play the whole game. When the reality is that the community is made up of RPG gamers that mainly play PVE, and shooter gamers that mainly play PVP. So people tend to strongly identifiy with one half of the game or the other. So tend to want conditions that create the best play experience for the part of the game they play the most. Therefore pleasing everyone from a unified sandbox, simply isn't going to happen.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
            • I bought the game for PvE, not for PvP and if they removed it tomorrow unfortunately it wouldnt change a thing for me as D2 is set up for PvP. For PvE I would like to see lots of bounties/challenges, changing daily, ones changing weekly and perhaps some that take a few days to do. Even where you have to do a few separate ones then they make up a larger one with a bigger reward. Weapons worth chasing, random rolls and a large variety of them. The old Primary,special, heavy system back. Armour with meaning and purpose and when you wear it you feel like its actually doing something special. Supers that are super! Lots of secrets to find on the planets (dead ghosts/scannable objects), maybe sectors that only open by a trigger somewhere else. Give us stuff to actually work out rather than a lost sector that is not actually lost because you have pretty much placed a beacon with a flashing light over it! Make the lost sectors hard to do with a decent reward. Take away how easy it is to get exotics. I hate how easy it is to get them, I would rather work for them then have them handed to me. Last but not least, I want decent titan armour where I dont walk about with shoulder pads looking like Joan Collins.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
              • I remember when PvP just was something you did in your downtime. Like while you waited for your friends to get on or to just screw around with your friends in. But then progression and rewards got thrown in, and somehow, it didn't feel like I was being rewarded for something I was already doing. It felt like I was forced to do it so I could progress or get that perfect roll on Eyasluna.

Posting in language:

• PVP should be independent

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                • They need to abandon PvP altogether..... When D1 came out the world was a different place, and their PvP had a place in it for some fun action. Now we have Overwatch, Player Unknown Battlegrounds, Fortnite, and many other dedicated ability/shooting based games to play PvP. I would even say some of them looked at D1's PvP and said... wow, that looks like fun, how can we make a dedicated PvP game that catches all that fun and makes it better? Pretty much everyone on my friends list that used to play Destiny is still playing games pretty often, but they are playing those games instead. A game with PvP as a side dish is NEVER going to be able to compete with those games. Attempting to do so will lead to the games ruin. Ignore PvP, let it play out however it plays out while focusing entirely on a fulfilling PvE experience.

Posting in language:

38 Replies
                  • How about we focus on requiring both part of the game to be done completely and correctly? The majority of the PvP players aren't terribly happy with PvP as it is now either. I don't feel like either group has the moral high ground to demand that the other one just shut up and take a bullet so everyone else can have more fun; we all got screwed over. I don't care about the grudges, the rhetoric, the bias, if we want the game to change, we really need to be forcing the issue with Bungie, not fighting with each other and dividing the community. At the end of the day, they are the responsible party for -all- changes made, no matter the reason, and we need to hold them accountable as a group.

Posting in language:

• PvP is a cancer that has killed the franchise.

Posting in language:

7 Replies
                    • They are currently trying to fight a war on two fronts because destiny has so much they need to do it can be hard for them if they don't focus on one thing at a time, but like the bungie reply said they are working on it from what we can tell

Posting in language:

• Nah, [b]BRO[/b]. This game is [i]Competitive first[/i]!~

Posting in language:

• Edited by BIGJACK1975: 4/13/2018 5:55:37 AM
                      Bungie foucus in D1 for pvp , Trials of osiris but in D2 they didnt put effort in Pvp even in the CurseOS dlc they didnt even add new pvp mode they are satisfied giving us 1 Clash 2 Control 3 Supremcy Team shooting 4 Trails of the 9 Failure comparing to ToOsiris D2 Pve 1 Public events 2 Leviathan 3 Heroic Advanture Dlc1 4 strikes heroics 5 nightfall ( high score mode ) 6 Raid lair , EoW from CurseOS dlc1 They made Masterwork crucible / Vanguard as you chose one for a weapon you want, but its unnoticed with 5 - 10% And also, i heard from some ppl that they might create something similar to POElders in future dlc but we will see what they will give us in the Warmind expansion. Hopefully something new for Pvp ppl and new intersting Pve game mode. And we hope also in the future they split the pvp and pve weapons so they might get creative powerful weapons ( to avoid casuals complains ) that are fun to use them in strikes and raids.

Posting in language:

• Guys I am truly surprised by DMG's response and I'm deeply touched... he actually responded to someone in the Feedback section...

Posting in language:

• The streamer forum will fix everything they know what we want.

Posting in language:

11 Replies
                      • May 8th

Posting in language:

• no, pve is boring as hell, pvp is where its at

Posting in language:

• Um the "go fast" update effects pve more positively then pvp. Also DLC and other updates are pve based. I love the crucible just as much as pve. I don't need new emblems, I need harder to get rewards. So when I run thru mobs and players i get that hate msg that say" you have no life" no stupid emblem or colorful armor gives you that feels. It's the hard bounties like D1 Chaperone bounty or the old thorn bounty. Stuff that is worth grinding for. Black hammer or spindle. Nothing more satisfying then getting 100% with a nerfed hand cannon for a bounty. We need more endgame in order for pvp not to be big influence.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                        • Well if they would stop wasting time and resources making reskin after reskin, emotes, shaders, ships and everything else everpurse every 3 months. Just to turn around and ditch it at the end of every season than maybe, just maybe they can [i]actually[/i] make playable content instead. Unless that is just too hard. Look, I am not a fan of "seasons". They are pointless, I would rather have a new semi-rotational live event at that interval that lasts all season. This would give us something to do for playability, for instance rotate in and out SRL and Faction Rally every season (WITHOUT THE ENGRAM CAP). Between this and Festival of the Cost, The Cashing, and Crimson Pays, Iron Lagger a semi-annual season long event would give us more to do. At this interval the SRL tracks would change from summer to winter, possibly changing things up on the tracks themselves. With small things to do every three months, I would not mind a nice large expansive content drop every six months. I really do not see why this can't happen. If Bungie tag-teamed with Vicarious Visions at a six month interval than that would give both studios a full year to create an expansion (dlc). The development side of Bungie can do this while Bungie's live team can work on the events I mentioned above. As for the PC side Blizzard and High Moon can do the same thing.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                          • There is far more choices with PvE than PvP.

Posting in language:

5 Replies
                            • Look, I love PvP. I agree that there should be separate sandboxes for pve and PvP. But PvP keeps the game going. After u do the campaign, have all the raid gear, then what do u do? There isn’t anything that’s fresh or different. I love PvP because you can increase in skill, there isn’t much of a learning curve in pve, u learn the mechanics of a raid, you execute, done. Trials saved destiny in year 1, as after I had all the raid weapons I still had a reason to come back. Don’t just not focus on PvP, Bungie should Improve both aspects, separately.

Posting in language:

• They probably still think that they can get PvP into esports.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                            ;
                            preload icon
                            preload icon
                            preload icon