JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

originally posted in: Raid Spawning Issue
3/31/2018 6:30:24 AM
Community: "We demand clarity and transparency!" Bungie: "We found a fix for an issue we know has been bugging you for a long time" Community: "Woop-de-do, give yourselves a pat on the back." Even offering a simple FYI gesture toward the community, Bungie can do no good. Some of us are glad for the information, Cozmo. Don't let the noisy negs deter you from posting these small windows into the inner workings of Bungie. Thanks.
English

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Uses hive mind mentality to set up problem and then his point is that hive mind mentality is stupid. You're your own arguement...

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• here's a wipe ...you're welcome

Posting in language:

• Edited by SILLABYSS: 3/31/2018 5:56:15 PM
    It went more like this... Community: "We demand clarity and transparency!" Bungie: "Here's another bug that should never have made it into production - but even though we gave you emblems and strike-specific sparrows that no one asked for, this tiny minuscule issue shows we ARE listening, even though we have not reduced the TTK, gotten rid of Eververse or fixed the weapon slots that everyone asked for.... HA!" Community: ..........................(Off Playing Far Cry 5) Getting real tired of fanboys...

Posting in language:

• [quote]It went more like this... Community: "We demand clarity and transparency!" Bungie: "Here's another bug that should never have made it into production - but even though we gave you emblems and strike-specific sparrows that no one asked for, this tiny minuscule issue shows we ARE listening, even though we have not reduced the TTK, gotten rid of Eververse or fixed the weapon slots that everyone asked for.... HA!" Community: ..........................(Off Playing Far Cry 5) Getting real tired of fanboys...[/quote] This

Posting in language:

• They were literally just saying they found a bug what’s wrong with you and where did you get all that shit above me.

Posting in language:

• They were literally just saying they found a bug they already told us they fixed two months ago... The rest of us are here on earth, where are you?

Posting in language:

• Yes, the first fix didn’t work, now they know the real problem, and they’re telling us. Don’t criticize them telling us that’s not the problem. If them telling us is the problem, then do you want bungie to just stay silent? If you want to know why bungie doesn’t take their player base seriously it’s because they’re all made up of fat asses like you who just moan and bitch at more successful people who actually have [i]lives[/i] and demand that everything be -blam!-ling [i]perfect[/i] for themselves. I hate to break this to you, but bungie doesn’t owe you jack -blam!-lng shit for buying their game. You chose to buy it if your own free will, deal with the fact that you don’t like it, because bungie is going to do whatever they like, and you do not have an effect on their decisions. Destiny 2 is not your game.

Posting in language:

• lol More fanboy BS - and your damn right this is my game - I played it almost daily across two platforms, 6 guardians - it's this kind of pedestrian unprofessional garbage that has ruined the game for myself and millions of people who used to play it - in the real world, you would never get away with this, but because your selling this to teenagers, there will always be a few, like yourself, that will tolerate it... Here's a much better solution - how about you don't ship the game with game-breaking bugs in the first place...instead of: finding it, fixing it, realize you didn't fix it, and then try to make a big deal about it when you realize you didn't fix it in the first place - all over about four months...you can't make this stuff up folks...games like Warframe can make fixes like this almost daily...with a fraction of the staff... And yet you defend it...unreal...

Posting in language:

• People get away with this all the time in the real world. When was the last time that you ate a twizler chewy bite? Probobally never, because they’re god awful and stores won’t stock them. But do people get up and start screaming because the product they bought, which they expected to be just as good as the original, was bad? No. They accept it and move on.

Posting in language:

• Bitching about people bitching. I love it.

Posting in language:

• I try to stay positive but sometimes you just meet that special someone....

Posting in language:

• “the inner workings of Bungie.” LMFAO!

Posting in language:

• [quote]..the cinematic at the start of the raid pushing some of our memory budgets over the edge as players swap around their gear later on..[/quote] Is that transparency? It'll mean sod all to most ppl.

Posting in language:

• Does it hurt?

Posting in language:

• Depends what it is.

Posting in language:

• But... How long have they known about it versus how long it's taken them to undertake the root cause analysis? I mean, I work in IT, and if there's a defect that is that much of an inconvenience to the customer, you get onto it right away.

Posting in language:

• I also work in IT. And although looking into something earlier/faster increases the chance of finding/fixing it quickly, there is still no guarantee that it won’t take a fair bit of time to really nail down. Because there is [i]always[/i] that one outlier that, despite you doing everything that you were supposed to, just refuses to let itself be resolved in a timely manner. Bungie just seems like the development company equivalent of “that one user” who always seems to encounter every single thing that could go wrong when the person on the adjacent desk who is doing much the same thing never seems to hit a single problem.

Posting in language:

• One of the big differences between IT and programming is that programming has a lot of randomness that can occur and it can cause some tasks to take more than a day. Often weeks or months.

Posting in language:

• And, as a software tester, it's standard procedure to run a suite of automated regression tests before a patch is released. There are many ways of testing besides manual play testing... They should have multiple API tests that test at the services layer. If you have a good testing team, a good SDP and a good release process, you shouldn't be going live with major/critical defects.

Posting in language:

• Genuine question: Wouldn’t that still require trying to allow for every single plausible permutation or scenario to actually plug in as test parameters? How easy, or difficult is it to try to cater for every eventuality? Especially when any given raid group may have any geographical spread, any level of network quality on the spectrum, some people constantly tweaking their loadout and people taking the opportunity to take a leak between wipes. And how long do you leave tests running before you can safely assume that the existence of any severe bugs are now statistically unlikely? I only ask because sometimes I feel like I’ve encountered too many issues where I’ve asked myself “How could anyone even have known to test for [i]that[/i]” to ever believe that you can really catch every bug. That, or I’ve used encountered far more than my fair share of really badly coded games, programs and services. (At which point, Bungie are no worse than any other devs I’ve used stuff from and that nobody gets it right)

Posting in language:

• Edited by xenomorph: 4/2/2018 10:45:24 PM
    Look, there's a train of thought in testing that if you wanted to eliminate all bugs/defects, you'd never finish testing... You can't catch all the defects all the time. I'm not suggesting every single defect will be found, but how quickly you respond to critical defects you [u]do[/u] find is key. How it's taken them this long to sort it out is poor in my opinion. Finding a "game breaking" defect like that should be fixed long before new content is pushed out.

Posting in language:

• Just give your customers a roadmap and tell them it'll be fixed in a year...seems to work, here...

Posting in language:

• I doubt your customer base is as trash as theirs is though.

Posting in language:

• [quote]I doubt your customer base is as trash as theirs is though.[/quote] The fanboys here are the trash that needs to go

Posting in language:

• Edited by Odin: 3/31/2018 11:38:48 PM
    [quote]I doubt your customer base is as trash as theirs is though.[/quote] Gee, lets look at that for a moment If you're running a business and you pull things like... Selling a product that has a lot issues and don't say anything about it, but tell your customer after that fact that you will fix it later when we have a chance to get to it. But when you do it's petty things you fix that really don't solve the main issues Rigging your product some how like Bungie did with XP Or rigging your product like 3oC Base your entire product before it's released around some forum of Micro Create some sort of scam like Dawning and hide for a month until it's over to grab as much cash as you could before acknowledging your customer Try to put up some sort of paywall like Bungie tried to do with the first expansion in D2 like Ttk paywall The list goes on. So, why don't you tell everyone how (your customers) will be so happy with your product???

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon