JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

3/12/2018 11:08:05 PM
Thanks for the feedback. What kinds of rewards do you think we should implement?
English

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Destiny 1 crucible vendor weapons, let them have a 5% chance to drop

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• How about you tell Christopher Barrett to save his time, stop trying to make Destiny 2 back into Destiny 1 to hopefully increase your player count, and have him take lead on Destiny 3. I don't think Bungie wants to continue defending this shit show called Destiny 2, nor do I think it's fair all your customers weren't told before Destiny 2 launched that the game was completed in only 16 months. Don't have a Destiny 3 team, don't have a "Live Team", just have one damn team making a great game that your customers deserve. If Digital Extremes can do what they continue to do with Warframe having only 200 employees, why can't Bungie do it with not only roughly 1000 employees, but also one of the richest publishers in the world? After a while, you guys have to want to stop being the laughing stock of gaming. Hell, we all want you to to stop being laughed at. We want the passion Bungie had in the beginning when they made Halo and put that into Destiny. We still haven't seen that yet.

Posting in language:

• I’m thinking something like a buff. Something that rewards, just for the sake of example, 5% more XP from Crucible matches. This buff gains a multiplier for how many straight Crucible matches you’ve completed. For example, if you’ve completed 3 matches in a row, you get x3 buff, +15% XP. That specific one might be a little heavy on the amount of XP, but once the XP system is reworked, I think it’d work.

Posting in language:

• Good idea, but xp buff is useless. Most have maxed light and xp will only give you Eververse crap. There can't really be any meaningful rewards until weapons/armor/loot system is modified. On a side note, I hate to quit, but when I get dropped into a 7-40 Control match with 3 minutes left, I'm leaving. There is a reason many people leave, and it usually has to do with matchmaking. Then it is a domino effect. If 8 am 3v4, I stay, if I am dropped into a slaughter, I leave.

Posting in language:

• I think playing the game the way it was intended shouldn't grant you [u]extra[/u] rewards. I do think, however, that quitters should have a timed visual effect applied to their guardian that everyone can see and identify them as a quitter. Something like a chicken mask could be applied to their guardian for 24 hours.

Posting in language:

• i think there should be gear specific to what month it is, ( for july, a sparrow that changes color in an expanding circle (like a firework) and leaves a spark trail, for november, a ship beam that drops you in a clump of leaves, that explodes when you hit the ground, for february, a unique shader that has a snowy effect, that slowly melts to reveal flowers, for january, an emblem that counts how many days you have been playing destiny 2 etc. etc.) so just some fun stuff for us to grind for. cause' the updates arent necesarily fun for us. they seem more inclined to getting the haters back. thanks for reading this!

Posting in language:

• Well, brace yourself, very long opinion incoming. Everyone is welcome to disagree of course. The rewards are the hard part of this subject. You see I made this thread because I believe in some fields it is better to reward people for doing something right, rather than punishing them for doing something wrong. Videogames being such a field. In particular leaving a match in D2 because you keep getting pitched against 4-stacks over and over again really can get to you and make you leave (especially if the entire team uses the same class and weapon loadout), and I think people should not get a timeout over taking actions that prevent frustation and anger (Cannot say what kind of penalties are planned, has not yet been adressed in any TWAB as far as I know). To the point: I think the current pool of potential rewards and items to hunt is very narrow. Now that random rolls are gone, sources for armor and weapons, activities like weekly crucible or strike milestones, are less tempting. In D1 activities and criteria that reward you with legendary gear were a good thing since every single drop had the potential to contain a god roll or an armor piece that contributed to your tier-12 build. Materials are very limited too in both variety and utilization. Masterwork cores could be potentially a good reward. However this depends on what the teams are planning to do with masterwork items. If there are no futher changes coming to masterworks (such as more fundamental stat changes or even archetype alteration on weapons, or even a bonus perk from rolling masterworks) I assume that many people will have their preferred loadout masterwork'd soon as well and the interest in cores will wane. Outside of items, ressources, gear and weapons though, there is the option to give people who finish matches, even against the odds (two manning vs. a 4-stack for example) buffs or prestige. Something to make it worth their while. I think further down there was talk about players who stick around receiving the post-match rewards the leavers would have received instead. Another suggestion, I believe, was to give understacked teams shield or health buffs to make them feel less overwhelmed (though I imagine this could encourage people to abuse it). Then the issue of people entering ongoing matches. More often than not free team slots are on the losing side, for obvious reasons. I think the very least that should be done here is to give people who enter ongoing matches the average of everyone's super energy (sum of all super energy divided by number of participants). It's very frustating to enter a match only to get hammered, stormtranced, fisted, golden gunned or novabombed upon spawn and then a few more times while having zero super energy yourself. Ultimately, as sad as it might sound, I think a lack of potential rewards and incentives to finish matches, falls back upon the lack of random rolls. Hunting a good roll was the main drive for many people (or at the very least a very welcome bonus), and the joy of getting a god roll, or something close to it, is what kept people playing and gave them the reason or will power to put up with a lot of things. As an example, I'd like to name Iron Banner in D1: Getting to rank five, three times, was quite a thing to do, especially since you only had one week to do so. But you knew that on rank three and rank five you were guaranteed rewards. Good looking gear, randomly rolled, potentially god rolls. On top of that getting to rank five gave you access to Saladin's whole portfolio and whatever he was selling, which often was gear with really great rolls as well. And each Iron Banner match had a chance to drop you any of the IB stuff Saladin was selling with random rolls too. And later during D1 the chances for these drops were really good. AND then there was the system of the Iron Medallions. A loss would give you those worn medals, you could collect up to five, and the next victory redeemed them all giving you nearly as much IB rep as you had gained if you had won those matches, effectively almost negating the losses you had taken previously. Destiny 1 had a self-fueling economy that worked well, and I believe Destiny 2 has yet to find a way to give itself this kind of self-sustaining environment.

Posting in language:

• This. This, this, this. Random rolls, PLEASE! Some incentive to grind and try.

Posting in language:

• i haven't finnished reading, but i agree where you said newcomers should get the same amount of super energy everybody else has. Though it might be difficult to decide how much you should have compared to the person who dot a 20 kill streak to get it, I think youu should get it based on how far the mach has progressaed

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon