JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Feedback

Feedback and suggestions for Destiny 2.
Edited by Spawn: 3/13/2018 10:16:42 PM

So, when is Bungie getting rid of dual primaries?

You want the game to be less of a bore to play. Scrap the dual primary weapon system and reinstitute the primary, secondary, heavy system. If the combat isn't boring as hell, guess what; people will start playing again. Edit: TLDR No amount of loot or activities are going to change the fact that the core mechanics of the game itself are inherently boring. Additional Edit: This one is going to piss off a lot of players, but here it is. It's time for people to accept that [b]the majority[/b] of players kept coming back for the PvP in year 1, not because there is was an enormous amount of PvE activities to complete in game. [spoiler]Moderator edit: This thread has been moved to #Feedback forum so that other Destiny players can weigh in.  [url=https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/139533839/0/0] See Cozmo's thread here[/url] for more information about the #Feedback tag and its uses. Feel free to private message the moderator who moved your post, link to topic for further clarification about why this topic was moved.[/spoiler]
English
#feedback

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Go back to the D1 weapon system, and make all legendary / exotic primaries be elemental. That would actually make them be “legendary” when compared to uncommon or rare weapons.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Except every time this has been said someone goes to destiny tracker and pulls numbers showing more people play pve. False statement is false.

Posting in language:

• [quote]It's time for people to accept that [b]the majority[/b] of players kept coming back for the PvP in year 1, not because there is was an enormous amount of PvE activities to complete in game.[/quote] Not only false, but demonstrably false. At no point in franchise history have there [i]ever[/i] been more players in PvP than in PvE.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
    • You had everything going for this post until the second edit. At no point in the history of this game has the total PvP population been at a higher number than the total PvE population. Furthermore, at no point in the history of D1 did "active" PvP players outnumber "active" PvE players (It did briefly in D2 due to the demise of the playerbase shortly after the release of the Prestige Raid) (See any player tracking statistic for validation), so you may want to "get your facts straight", and delete that false information. PvP did not "keep the game alive", Destiny was simply a unique experience that was unlike any other on the console market at the time, it was an experience that we grew to enjoy as a community; this same experience which now suffers because Bungie has moved Destiny away from something that does not reflect what made the first game great. (Also, not one player in my clan at the time came back to D1 in Year 1 due PvP, they came back over and over again due to the raids and PoE) As for the topic body itself, I have been repeating this same point over and over again since D2 beta, I knew from the get-go that this system was set up to fail and I had a bad feeling it would take the game as a whole down with it, sure enough, it did. The facts are pure and simple, rocket launchers are top in class period, for all encounters. You can drop specialized weapons that are hardly a match against rockets in terms of usability and ease of utility and expect players to want to sacrifice that potential. No amount of changes to ammo economy or tuning of the other weapons will change this. Bungie intends players to move away from rockets post 1.1.4, I don't see this happening. Sure there will be some movements, but in the end rockets are still top tier for EoW/Calus and it's still easier to get a free kill in PvP with a large blast radius missile versus a shotgun or a sniper, so it won't do much if anything. Special weapons worked because they were just that, specialized. Simply a utility slot in which used in the right circumstances, would give you an edge in combat. The fact that PvP players got so butthurt about getting OHK'd by a shotgun in CQC, or OHK'd by a sniper for moving into a lane just shows you how foolish and idiodic they are. "Please Bungie, nerf the shotguns, I keep getting beat in PvP, and it's not fair", give me a break, how about you grow up and do what everyone else in any shooter game does, [b]ADAPT[/b], use a different route, or a different strategy for a change. Not once did you ever see players like myself who could care less about PvP in D1 call for nerfs, people like me called for buffs, asking for other tools to be brought up such that they could also be competitive. Also, you people keep forgetting the one big problem here, this game, is a game as a whole, for the entire community, [b]It's not just PvP[/b], IE: You alone do not get to dictate what happens, nor should you. A less PvP-Player triggering example would be making shotguns more relevant in PvE, nobody uses them in raids or strikes for two reasons. First off, the bosses have slam attacks that could kill in close quarters, and secondly, the arenas were not designed for CQC. This should have been a focus for Bungie in D2 as well. Make bosses and encounters that encourage players to get up close and personal, and to use the shotgun for a change, or, make shotguns stagger bosses such that they cannot use the slam attack, which would allow you to get up close and dish out a lot of damage with that shotgun that was collecting dust in PvE, there are plenty of ways to mix things up instead of monotonizing the entire game experience, and removing the special weapon slot was indeed the wrong decision. Destiny has lost the fun "combat" as you have stated, it was a two for one blow that came about by the removal of our utility slot and ability weakening (Thankfully this appears to be moving in the right direction). The fact that a few people in the sandbox team thought it would be a good idea to outright neuter and monotonize gameplay just for the sake of a more balanced PvP environment when it exists as the game's afterthought (And dismal playerbase numbers) is what's downright baffling, Bungie's continued denial and lack of input on this situation is not helping either, they need to jump on this problem and it needs to be moved up to the top of the priority list. Finally, as I stated, it's not a PvP/PvE problem, its a problem with the game as a whole, encounters need to be placed on a higher level of design thought to encourage players to use different special weapons, that's how you mix things up. Flame me if you want, but I take that as pushing the right buttons here. I'm tired of seeing this game fail and fall apart because of a few people making bad decisions that affect the game as a whole, it's time to bring back the fun factor and revert back to the original slots.

Posting in language:

7 Replies
      • I had to hunt down your post after seeing that you were saying it had been moved and I completely agree with you on this. I’m a day one player from D1 and I absolutely love how D1 is now. I still play it where as I actually recently got rid of D2 because even once they make all the changes they are promising, it’s still only ever going to be an empty shell of the game it once was. Part of it is due to the dual primary system (c’mon Bungie just give me back my winged word and blind Perdition) and the other reason is that the guns themselves just don’t feel legendary anymore. Every time I load up D1 I just look over my weapons and am just like “How did the people who made me these amazing wonderful guns bring us the crap we had in D2 that I care less for than BLUES in D1?”

Posting in language:

• they rather got rid of the playerbase than dual crap primary system

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • Rarely if ever played PVP in Destiny 1. Still don’t in D2. Just isn’t fun for me. Incredibly boring even compared to D2 PVE.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
          • The problem with the old system is that it just didn't work in PvP. They tried different things like spawning with only a hand full of ammo, but PvP was only about people going in to one hit kill. PvP [i]should[/i] be a scrap and in D2 it is. Frankly I much prefer PvP in D2, but even then it's not great as they [i]still[/i] can't get connections right.

Posting in language:

31 Replies
            • False...

Posting in language:

• Edited by X1XPETEX1X: 3/13/2018 9:33:16 PM
              Nah, speak for yourself there buddy. I don't miss ohk weapons in the special slot the whole match. I actually think they got that part right snipers ,shotguns, and fusions,etc are power weapons they belong in the power weapon slot.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
              • If they revert back to it, shotguns need to remain power weapons. All you really want is to have your OHK crutch back. Crucible would revert to nothing but shotgun rush/camp again. Yep, that would be so much fun...

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                • When are people going to be honest and just say, "I like using shotgun and sniper most of the time" instead of complaining about the "dual primary" system?

Posting in language:

12 Replies
                  • Hopefully never :)

Posting in language:

• Edited by Takin Ajit Guys: 3/14/2018 2:32:22 PM
                    The question you should be asking is: "When is Bungie adding support for special weapons in secondary slot?" It's less selfish. Don't make the misstep a lot of devs tend to make in their games.

Posting in language:

• [quote]It's time for people to accept that the majority of players kept coming back for the PvP in year 1, not because there is was an enormous amount of PvE activities to complete in game.[/quote] Year one, everyone was trying to get all the Raid gear to get to max light, not grind PvP.

Posting in language:

• [quote]It's time for people to accept that the majority of players kept coming back for the PvP in year 1, not because there is was an enormous amount of PvE activities to complete in game.[/quote] Wow, I really struck a nerve there ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ OH... and what a lovely opinion you have there.

Posting in language:

• as soon as activision gives bungie a say again it cock of duky crapola

Posting in language:

• The Loadout of 99 percent of players is mida/uriel and a sword/colony/rocket launcher. I think I've been killed by fusions, snipers or shotguns maybe 5 times since launch. This game was stale within the first month of release and nothing Bungie have done since release has changed anything. Team shooting is effective but it is not fun. A sniper rifle in the second slot would end team shooting. If you are taking turns poppining in and out of cover sending a wall of bullets down a corridor and there is a sniper at the other end with crosshairs at head height it's goodnight sweetheart. If you can't pop in and out of cover without being 1 hit killed the only alternative is to flank, make plays, create strategies on the fly and god dammit have fun. Being rushed by an idiot with a sword in his hand while you hold a fusion rifle in your hand. No problem. Destiny 1 almost had it perfect (they definitely screwed it up with the icebreaker/sidearm meta at the end). I gave up PvE in Destiny 1 because PvP was so much fun. Currently there is no new pve content and PvP is unbearable.

Posting in language:

• Agreed

Posting in language:

• I wish I knew, I’d mark it on my calendar for sure.

Posting in language:

Those 2 edits couldn't be more perfect.

Posting in language:

• Meh I think it's fine. I think a good portion that complain are those that miss their ohk secondary in PvP

Posting in language:

11 Replies
                    • They should get rid of the game all together

Posting in language:

• They are going to hold it over our heads like dlc. wait until the very last moment and then change it. The only problem is, that bungie is now to stupid to realize that the game is practically dead at this point, and they are losing any chance they might have had to make a difference by ignoring this problem and doing nothing to change it.

Posting in language:

• What something like this? • Slot 1 can hold any Scout, Pulse, Auto, HC, Sidearm, or SMG, and it'll have kinetic damage in that slot. • Slot 2 can hold any of the above, as well as Shotguns, Snipers, Traces, and Fusions (either flavor). Any weapon in slot 2 will have elemental damage. • Slot 3 can hold anything it can currently hold (plus LMGs, bring those suckers back), it'll have elemental damage, and the guns which overlap with slot 2 get a higher reserve ammo capacity if they're in slot 3. So, all primaries have both kinetic and elemental damage, you just need to put one in slot 2 to use the elemental type. The old secondaries come back if you want them, and if you really like the shotty, sniper, trace, or fusion, you can use one as a heavy and get more ammo as a trade off for not using one of the more powerful heavy weapon types. The extra heavy ammo could be turned off in PvP (or maybe not), everybody who wants the old load out can have it, and everybody who likes the new system still gets that, and now there's no weird slot 1/slot 2 split in the primary weapons. Outside of potential balance issues, the only downside I can think of is this would necessitate reworking the inventory UI and probably some under the hood inventory sorting/tracking systems. I have no idea how big a job that would be.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                      • Don't hold your breath. Despite getting complaints about the change since before D2 was even announced, Bungie remains locked on course.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                      ;
                      preload icon
                      preload icon
                      preload icon