JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

#Community

originally posted in:Destiny Fiction Producers
Edited by Sullys201623: 2/28/2018 9:35:00 PM
2

Doom of the Dragons: Epilogue

Here's the Epilogue to my now-finished Destiny fan fiction Doom of the Dragons! Here's [url=https://www.bungie.net/en/Groups/Post?groupId=1371758&postId=243464727&sort=0&page=0]part thirty-three [/url]if you haven't seen it, or, if you're looking for a different part, here's the [url=https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/242738879?sort=0&page=0]master post![/url] Stay classy, Guardians! The tiny dragon, Rathsmus skirted through the tunnels. At only four feet long, he was a very young dragon, having hatched only several years prior. Though he was not yet capable of fully understanding the horror that was unfolding around him, he knew enough to know that he was in grave danger. However, he had one last task to attend to. Rathsumus ducked into a small corridor, and grabbed a large green orb in his claws. In it floated a triangular rock. The orb itself emanated power and decay. He looked out the corridor to make sure the coast was clear, and then flew out into the hallway, making for the nearest exit. Suddenly, he felt a massive pain in his side as an unknown assailant swatted him out of the air. Rathsmus fell to the ground with a squawk, and the orb rolled away. A guardian emerged from the darkness. He was a warlock, clad entirely in black. He picked up the orb, and stared at it. Then, he looked at the dragon. Rathsmus tried to fly away, but his wing was broken. The warlock grabbed him by the neck, and pinned him to the wall. He held an auto rifle to the dragon’s face. “What is this, worm?” he asked, holding up the orb. Rathsumus squawked, trying to wriggle out of the warlock’s grasp. The warlock stared at him. “Tell me what it is,” he said, “and I’ll let you live.” Rathsmus stopped squirming. He deliberated for a moment, and then sent the Guardian a mental flow from his mind to the warlock’s. The warlock grinned madly beneath his helmet. “Fascinating,” he said. He looked at it. “A Hive artifact - in my very hands!” Suddenly, a voice sounded in the distance. “Come on,” it said, “this way!” The warlock’s grin faded, and he turned back to the dragon. He shrugged. “Pity,” he said. Then, he fired three rounds into Rathsmus’s skull, and let the dragon’s corpse fall to the ground. Wiping the blood of his hands, he tucked the orb into his robe. “Over -“ another Guardian, a titan, quickly rounded the corner. “Who’s there!” he shouted. The warlock turned towards him. “It’s just me, old friend,” he said. “No need to get testy.” The titan sighed with relief. “Oh. Hi Toland.” He looked down at the dragon. “Looks like you got one.” “Yes,” Toland said, looking down at the dead dragon. “Now what were you yelling about?” “We’ve cleared the tunnels,” the titan said. “The remaining Ahamkara are rallying on the surface - we need you up there, now!” Toland nodded. He reloaded his auto rifle - a weapon of his own design that he called the Shadow Price. “On my way,” he said. [url=https://www.bungie.net/en/Groups/Post?groupId=1371758&postId=243464934&sort=0&page=0]Author's Note[/url]

Posting in language:

 

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

  • Edited by Mandalorian16_1: 3/3/2018 12:01:55 PM
    (shortly after the events on Io in a small forest not far from where Cupun died) "Got everyone here." Gently sets a corps down in a recently dug grave. "Got your whole gang here Cupun, there's you, Kim, Marcella, and Lyra, there ghosts as well." Steps back and surveys the entire scene which looks to similar to one he doesn't want to see anywhere but in a memory "best not to dwell in the past" picks up a cleaned pulse rifle off the bed of my transport truck and walks over to Cupun's grave "I can't give you your rifle back but I'll give you this one." puts the rifle down at his side and checks each grave to make sure I didn't miss anything then begins filling in the graves (Several minutes later) Tosses shovel to the side when my ghost appears next to me "I feel like something should be said" "Like what?" "I don't really know, maybe something poetic but I can't think of anything." "Agreed, but I think the dead have had their fill of words" with that I grab the shovel and stows it in the truck then leaves. [spoiler]thought I'd do something nice for Cupun and his team (since the majority of my posts we're as an interloper trying to get Cupun out of trouble or at least wasn't against him)[/spoiler]

    Posting in language:

     

    Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

    2 Replies
    • A good read throughout its entirety. And I won't be first runner up to first bump. First bump

      Posting in language:

       

      Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

      5 Replies
      You are not allowed to view this content.
      ;
      preload icon
      preload icon
      preload icon