JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by rampaginChEwIe: 2/23/2018 10:28:54 PM

Does Bungie Play Their Own Game?

I was wondering do the devs at bungie even play their own game? I know they will for testing and making changes but do they actually play it in there free time at all. If they do HOW!?! This game is so dry and boring that even if you made it you wouldn't want to play it. Surely they must of realised that this game wasn't fun and thought about changes instead of letting it die. I mean come on Bungie. Edit: I grammar good 👍
English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Yes we play, a lot. Like you said, it is a mix of playing the live game and future builds we are still working on. And yes, we do play other games as well. We like to see what our friends in the industry are working on. :) We're currently working on making changes to Destiny 2. We know you want them yesterday, but some things will take longer than others. Nightfall changes are coming next week, you can track what else we have planned [url=https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46652]here[/url].

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

111 Replies
    • [quote]Does Bungie Play Their Own Game?[/quote] Do Accountants do their own taxes? Do Doctor's perform surgery on themselves? Do NBA players go to the park to play pick-up games? Do prostitutes go and.....nevermind. Who cares?

Posting in language:

• Here's a question what is Bungie's goal concerning Destiny? Because the game turned out nothing like what were promised. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTfhrONAp-c

Posting in language:

1 Reply
      • If I hadn't already put out the money for the dlc's I don't think I would come back at all. Nothing you do matters in this game. The armor is pointless with only cosmetic differences, the mods aren't really all that in my opinion, and so many of the guns function so similar to each other that I'm bored of all of them. Especially the "exotic" guns with very few exceptions to that. I realize they are now putting in the work to fix shit. But all these issues shouldn't have even been a thing, after we were literally beta testing for them 3yrs before they got Destiny 1 right. It's like everything they learned was completely thrown out the window. And now they are already hard at work on D3, I find it hard to think many will return just to get screwed over again

Posting in language:

• The real question is: Does anybody play Destiny well enough to know what it takes to deliver a hardcore experience? Cause I'm going to say no.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • Edited by FataLVisioN_Oo: 2/26/2018 9:03:07 AM
          I'll go with no. https://destinytracker.com/d2/profile/psn/Cozmo_bng Fresh off a 4 month hiatus. (Yeah I know he had a kid but he managed what 30 matches before having a kid? Dang.) https://destinytracker.com/d2/profile/psn/DeeJ_BNG He hasn't figured out where the crucible is yet with 0 matches......... this game has been out how long? He played PvE 5 months ago for a little bit 😂 But cozmo claims they play a lot...... 🤔 If that is a lot to them then no wonder this game is so casual oriented.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
          • I'm not coming back until they bring back selectable PvP modes and random weapon rolls..

Posting in language:

1 Reply
            • Clearly Bungie doesn't play d2. Their innate and intrinsic lack of respect and recognition of our combine is disrespectful and borderline irreparable. Take the blade dancer nerf in d1 for example. ONE DUDE disliked it, so they entire studio nerfed it without a second consideration. Bungie, you guys are becoming irrelevant and arguable pretentious.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
              • I imagine they've got their own internal builds where they can skip the microtransactions and the grind.

Posting in language:

• Be careful. Moderators will move this to Feedback or Off topic for talking negative about Bungie.

Posting in language:

• Venom is actually Luke Smith

Posting in language:

Dark Raven 2501
                Dark Raven 2501

Who are you to judge me? - old

Well they have luke smith testing things which should say it all.

Posting in language:

• no

Posting in language:

• Def not

Posting in language:

• The only thing Bungie play are their customers.

Posting in language:

• I definitely call BS on cosmo saying he plays destiny 2 😂

Posting in language:

• They don't have time to play the game... They're all busy trying to make the 10 month deadline for mass shader deletion.

Posting in language:

• If they played the game they’d be on this forum complaining how bad it is. 😂

Posting in language:

• Did you read your own post or understand irony?

Posting in language:

• This is not a passionate studio. Stop asking correct questions.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                • I’m fairly confident they do but would you really want to invest more time into your job than your getting paid to do so? Also, no you do not “grammar good”. That would take better utilization of punctuation.

Posting in language:

• If I worked on a game, there's no way I could play it that often. My guess is, if I worked on D2, I probably would have less than 100 hours in it.

Posting in language:

• [b]Let's turn all questions into exclamations, and all exclamations into questions!?[/b] I bet they do play their own game? Public events are boring? Why is the loot always the same! Will players ever come back to the game! GODDAMMIT this game is dead?

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                  • I don't think the people building the game have much time when you have bosses like Luke smith lording over them with his giant ego. They probably barely get to see their families as this game's such a mess that it's crunch time every day instead of towards the end of development. The managers don't play the game because most of them don't care as they'll have a job no matter if the game sucks or not.

Posting in language:

• Edited by JoseJosh: 2/24/2018 2:53:04 PM
                    They know D2 has no endgame and fun at all. They make it this way because $$$ and corporate blind. All good people gone from Bungie, so there is no one who know how and want to do game we want.Sad RiP Bungie 2017.

Posting in language:

• Edited by goats_dont_shave: 2/24/2018 12:45:50 PM
                    Wonder if they enjoy it? 🤔

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                  ;
                  preload icon
                  preload icon
                  preload icon