JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

2/15/2018 8:41:52 PM
I agree with the sentiment of much of your post. However, do you realise that your statement: "I know there is a 99.9% chance it won't be better than Nameless Midnight, Better Devils, Uriel's Gift, Sins of the Past. I could shard everything in my vault, but these 4 and my gameplay would not change at all in PVP or PVE" Applies just as equally to the gjallarhorn you revere so highly from Destiny 1? I mean, another rocket launcher drop in D1 wasn't going to replace gjallarhorn. Unfortunately, it seems that a lot of people just want overpowered stuff. Destiny 2 is nowhere near perfect, or even near "very good", but i actually like the direction they've taken with making weapons more balanced. Except uriel's gift. That's utterly broken.
English

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Gjally was a exotic so you have to decide the trade off between that and other exotics based on the mission, burn modifier, etc. It was also very hard to get. Feels like D2 have you some great weapons in the early game, which is great, but nothing to hope/grind for after that. Sure in D1 there where “must have Gjally” posts to join raids but that made it all the more exotic and satisfying to get. There where countless moments were we we’re about to get wiped and you fired your last rocket at the hoard of enemies to watch the glorious melting of them by the wolf rounds. Those are some of the guardian moments I miss. Not saying bring back the gjally, but it would be nice to have something that gives you those same clutch moments.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Nah, the Antelope-D, or whatever it’s called, get rid of it all together.

Posting in language:

• They nerfed the fun out of the game.

Posting in language:

• When everything feels the same in a loot based shooter, you have failed. Destiny 2 is also somewhat trying to be an RPG, and you NEED to have more and more powerful gear to have any sort of progression.

Posting in language:

• This is why we can't have nice things. People are happy with the trash fire Bungie already walked away from and left a skeleton crew behind to try and put out the flames.

Posting in language:

• A lot of people would swap in Truth at times (Void burn, Trials) due to the insane tracking and 3 in the chamber. However there was competition for that heavy slot from some great machine guns, and latterly swords and the (admittedly situational) sleeper simulant. I used machine guns more than rocket launchers, despite how great Gjallarhorn was (and it dropped relatively early on for me).

Posting in language:

• Some people like bland food and bland games like D2.....that's you, Personally I prefer spicy exciting food and thrilling games like D1....that's me. Each to their own.

Posting in language:

• I like both! *smoke bomb*

Posting in language:

• The people below me have made good points, and you also fail to realize that there are other powerful heavy exotics in Years 2 and 3 that were worth using over Gjallerhorn at times. Gjallerhorn hasn't been the end-all, be-all since the end of year one. And, as others have said, it was an exotic.

Posting in language:

• Gally = exotic, must feel special Uriel, midnight, better devil: legendaries, so much above the rest...

Posting in language:

• [i]Another rocket launcher wasn't going to replace Gjallarhorn? At least you could change it for Hunger of Crota, or other tracking legendary rocket launcher and break out a primary or secondary exotic.[/i]

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon