JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

originally posted in: Infinite Forest PVE Horde Mode
2/13/2018 1:50:07 AM
I've seen a lot of requests for horde like modes. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll let the team know this is still something that players are interested in.
English

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Horde Mode / Prestige Horde Mode Horde mode: Please! But not just small arena areas. Though those could be repurposed from the infinite forest and other areas, like the cabal emperors ship. Even crucible maps from both D2 and D1. At least 5 different possible maps per alien race. * Prestige Horde mode: “PvP styled” PvE. Basically horde mode, but with competitive completion of alien race specific objectives. Encounters would be like a mix of heroic adventures with horde mode. Cabal could be more firefight / capture the flag style fights. Utilize the fact that they’re militaristic! Have them hide behind shields, flank, send in heavy gunners, tanks, etc, to try to kill all the players, capture the flag or capture the base. Similar concept to the flag encounter in the leviathan. Zavala would commentate it. Hive more dungeon crawling style horror / mystery. Traveling through Hive realms to find Hive artifacts, with the help of Eris Morn. Sort of a mix of the opening sequence of The Dark Below, as well as The Bridge, with the Top Tier Court of Oryx encounters, and the jumping puzzles from TTK. Vex more puzzle and “order of operations” based. Almost heist style fights. Stealing their information, and trying to escape with it in one. Maybe another is figuring out their sigils in order. Real outbreak prime mission style stuff. Another could use the Warmind vaults. Fallen more of a archons / prison of elders hybrid style. Basically like a time trial, but with all sorts of traps and such. Teams would spawn in to the same area, in different instances. But, At the top you could see how far along the other team is. So there is a sense of urgency. In the end you find out Who completed the objectives the most efficiently / fastest, with modifiers (so speed isn’t the only factor for the score), all for a prize of legendary or exotic _____ at the end — depending on the difficulty level. Winning team would get a garaunteed exotic or legendary drop plus shaders, sparrows, emblems, ornaments, etc. Losers get a small chance at a legendary drop, but will mostly get shaders, emblems and glimmer. Of course new alien based armor and weapon sets would have to be available to make it worth while. At a decent chance of max light level. Maps could be repurposed from the old raids, without actually redoing a whole raid. Along with, of course, venus, mars, the moon, the pyramidion, etc.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• I really miss challenge of elders getting good rewards each week. Add matchmaking though. Would jump on to play that each week.

Posting in language:

• It doesn't need to be said that we still want it. We always did. The game should have launched with these as they featured already.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Heijoshin: 2/17/2018 12:46:56 AM
    -Cozmo [quote]I've seen a lot of requests for horde like modes. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll let the team know this is still something that players are interested in.[/quote] You should also tell the "team" about this article. Have them read & forward it to their superiors. [url=http://www.example.com]https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.usgamer.net/amp/how-destiny-2-failed-its-fanbase-analysis[/url] Then, have those superiors forward it to their superiors. Then, have the lead game designer, director and development management read it. Finally, ALL of those leads (minor leads included) need to have a conference about why some players are reacting negatively ("negatively" meaning: by avoiding the game, recommending avoid purchasing the game, publicly revealing it's flaws by use of comparison, claims of the game being stunted or stale, etc) to Destiny 2. Because this is the main issue with the game for its hardcore players ([b][u]hardcore player base = 20% of the customers providing 80% of the business revenue[/u][/b]) which is driving them away. The article is significantly valid and a legitimate concern. [spoiler]Importantly, the article articulated & not toxic.[/spoiler]

Posting in language:

• May we be expecting the horde mode in d4? The reboot of the reboots rebooted reboot?

Posting in language:

• If they need advice, I have a mailbox on Blood Drive.

Posting in language:

• In other words coming in 2021.

Posting in language:

• Horde Mode with specific item,weapons,armors(not reskins) and specific loot drop is appreciate

Posting in language:

• You guys haven't already been working on this? It may have been better to stay silent on this one. Acting like this has suddenly been brought to your attention isn't fooling anybody. Disappointed to learn a horde mode isn't dropping with the next DLC.

Posting in language:

• Thanks. Only been asking for the last 4 years.

Posting in language:

• "this is still something that players are interested in." Well, yeah. Since day 1 of D1 really. It is odd that in a game where Bungie has always tried to artificially extend playtime to pad up the stats (no sparrow on Dreadnought/Mercury for example) no one has ever thought about having a Horde mode in D1 or D2. From a business point of view it's almost criminal. Horde modes are great time consumers.

Posting in language:

• [quote]Horde modes are great time consumers.[/quote] I regret nothing.

Posting in language:

• We've only been asking for it since Y1. Everyone thought PoE was going to be it but that turned out to be a disappointment. Same with CoO.

Posting in language:

• [quote]I've seen a lot of requests for horde like modes. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll let the team know this is still something that players are interested in.[/quote] Would love a hoard mode.

Posting in language:

• Yes. The infinite forest wants to be amazing. I want it to be amazing. You want it to be amazing. The dev team does too. Since we all agree. Let's just go ahead and do that. Good talk!

Posting in language:

• Give us back special weapons I’m sick and tired of 2 primary weapons

Posting in language:

• See what BLKmarketBODIES mentioned in this same thread, though. Horde mode with DEPTH. Give it original bosses, unique loot (AND ZERO TOKENS, I thought the point was simplifying currency, not making 20 versions of it), and challenges that vary it... ok, yeah GIVE US THE PRISON OF ELDERS.

Posting in language:

• This would be great. Not Prison of elders, something new.

Posting in language:

• Yeah PoE was awful after the first few weeks

Posting in language:

• Maybe they could make a hire mode with multiple rooms, each one focused on a different enemy race. Randomly have players go to each one and have a race specific boss at the end of the last one

Posting in language:

• Edited by Ralik: 2/13/2018 3:09:57 AM
    "Look at me im cozmo and i only have 1 character above 300, even I dont play this cashgrab of a game haha i mean were listening"

Posting in language:

• Yes, people are still disappointed by all the missed opportunities with the infinite forest.

Posting in language:

• Hey maybe u didnt hear me i said put this in feedback

Posting in language:

• Edited by Tiny Baby Jesus: 2/13/2018 2:58:23 AM
    [quote]I've seen a lot of requests for horde like modes. Thanks for the suggestion. I'll let the team know this is still something that players are interested in.[/quote] Make it rain, Cosmo! Don’t forget the part about specific loot.

Posting in language:

• It actually makes me happy seeing bungie respond more often to posts about how to improve the game :)

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon