JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

originally posted in: This Week at Bungie - 01/25/2018
1/30/2018 1:48:49 AM
Hey keep up the work guys, For those who are hating don't remember d1 it was the same first year it took a few years to perfect what they mastered in d1. I believe this game is and will be just as good if not better than D1. Things take time there not just made over night. If your complaining about the game and what should be done I'm sure there's a link somewhere around here for you to apply and help out. Keep it up bungie, looking forward to the future of d2 #MakeD2great
English

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• I agree in part, and disagree in part. I agree in the sense that i'm not going to be toxic. yeah, Bungie crapped the bed on a lot of stuff in destiny 2 to this point, but I don't believe it is beyond redemption if they really pull it together. As for D1 yeah the story was great [in the grimoire not the game (obviously)] but the first year (as in before HoW) was the best part of the franchise. This is true in terms of quality of loot, aggregate skill/player base, the manner in which loot was acquired which incentives the grind. The only thing that improved post Dark Below, was addition of ACTUAL TRIALS (something we still lack) and a 3rd subclass... As for D2 (and post "3 of coin") D1 the "grind" is to reach light cap because exotics are handed to you; you can collect all exotics for every class in probably under 100 hours in game. This dynamic makes it so once you reach light cap you have no reason to play until next expansion (where you will achieve this feat again in 2 lockouts). No more grinding multiple 1000's of hours for that 1 exotic you are missing, no more grinding for your different T12 builds, no more grinding for god rolls (which may or may not be a grind when rolls come back depending on how many perks on a given weapon)... So anyway, on your initial assertion: no... year 1 D1 was the best part of the game in many ways. I have not given up hope, or given in to being toxic; if it pisses me off that bad i will stop playing. All that taken in to account I hope they make meaningful positive changes, but there is no denying D1 was a far superior game to D2 (at the end of there respective 1st years) even if you take in to account that you had to go to the grimoire for any context for what you are doing, because we still have bunk for story telling, and this time we don't even have the grimoire (unless you buy the leather-bound book of lore from the bungie store.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• The first year of D1 offered the franchise's best weapons to date. And they weren't just handed to you. You had to chase them every week. I ran VoG nearly 30 times before I got VOC to drop, which sucked. But they've gone too far in the other direction with just handing everything out right away. There isn't a single stand out weapon worth chasing in D2. I've been using the same weapons on all 3 character since week 3. That's just one large difference. In vanilla D1 our guardians felt like hero's. Not couch potatoes, haha.

Posting in language:

• Look, the whole idea that D2 should be accepted as is just because D1 sucked at launch is really flawed. First of all, D1's improved characteristics should've carried over into D2. The main idea of a sequel, at least in concept, is to release an expansion on the original story that carries forward the positives while improving the negatives, and trying new things in the meanwhile. Look at games like, hmm, let's say Halo. Halo 1 was a powerhouse on the original Xbox. It was a revolution to the genre, and solidified concepts like regenerating shield pools, 2-weapon limits, and the hopeful-yet-dark sci-fi universes Bungie is well known for. What did Halo 2 do? It continued the trend of revolution. Dual wielding. Even more cutting-edge graphics. Online play that changed the face of the industry. What did Destiny 2 do? It snapped back to Destiny 1's launch. It flat out removed many of the concepts that people really enjoyed from Destiny 1 (strike playlists, being able to choose crucible gametype, f'ing shaders being consumables,) slapped a coat of paint with the lackluster story and called it a day. Destiny 2 wasn't that bad of a game. Honestly, it really wasn't. But the astounding fall in quality from RoI-tier D1 to D2? It's absurd to defend it at all.

Posting in language:

• I'm gonna say this once , the fans gave them benefit of the doubt the first time and out of respect we stayed with them , what makes them think the development time to make the game since the launch of d1 wasn't enough time , and do they think they can do it again , sell us a unfinished product and get away with it . Honestly what's wrong with these people , screw your fanboy opinion , just keep buying beta and telling them it's ok

Posting in language:

• you are joking, right?... telle me you are joking.

Posting in language:

• Are you serious? I don't doubt that this game will eventually get where it needs to be, but are you really happy that there just redoing destiny all over again. They should have known that people wouldn't be happy with how little content there was after 3 years of people telling them all that I'm destiny 1

Posting in language:

• Now this guy is a fanboy. I play the game cause I still enjoy it but don’t act like it’s all ok to make it worse then the end of D1.

Posting in language:

• This is D2. It should have started out as great. Instead it back peddled fast. We shouldn't have to wait 2-3 years for this one to be good.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon