JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
12/18/2017 10:48:57 PM
dmg04

Player Feedback: Masterworks and Modifications

Since the release of [url=https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/Update/46536]Destiny 2 Update 1.1.1.1[/url], we’ve been monitoring player feedback concerning the Masterworks. We’d like to give you a list of items that’s on our list to address. We don’t have a specific date for when these changes would take place, but we’d like to give insight as to what teams at Bungie are aiming to accomplish: [b]Player acquisition:[/b][quote]• We’re implementing a new mechanism that we can use to limit long dry spells in Masterwork drops due to bad RNG. • We will also be looking at adding some guaranteed sources of Masterworks, but we are working on a broader plan to improve prestige activity rewards and it might wait until then. • We’re watching overall drop rates and usage over the holiday and will adjust drop rates and material costs as needed.[/quote] [b]Masterwork Inventory Management[/b] [quote]• We’re planning a fix for Masterwork Cores not going to your postmaster if you’re full on Consumables. • To help prevent accidental loss of Masterwork Cores, we're extending the dismantle timer to give players a larger window to stop the process.[/quote] [b]Stat Bonuses[/b] [quote]• Right now, the stat bonuses are small tweaks intended for players who want to optimize very deeply. We’re watching feedback and are excited to adjust or add more stat bonuses in the future. Once we have more information, we’ll share our plans with you.[/quote] Additionally, the in-game UI currently doesn’t have a good way to show all of the possible stat rolls. Here is the current list of Stat Bonuses that can roll per weapon type: [quote][b]Auto Rifle[/b] +5 Range +10 Magazine +10 Reload +10 Handling [b]Fusion Rifle[/b] +5 Stability +10 Reload +10 Handling [b] Grenade Launcher[/b] +5 Stability +10 Reload +10 Handling +5 Blast Radius [b]Hand Cannon[/b] +5 Stability +10 Magazine +10 Reload +10 Handling [b]Pulse Rifle[/b] +5 Range +10 Magazine +10 Reload +10 Handling [b]Rocket Launcher[/b] +10 Reload +10 Handling +5 Projectile Speed +5 Blast Radius [b] Scout Rifle[/b] +5 Range +10 Magazine +10 Reload +10 Handling [b]Shotgun[/b] +5 Stability +10 Reload +10 Handling [b]Sidearm[/b] +5 Stability +10 Magazine +10 Reload +10 Handling [b]Sniper Rifle[/b] +5 Range +10 Reload +10 Handling [b]SMG[/b] +5 Range +10 Magazine +10 Reload +10 Handling [b]Sword[/b] +10 Magazine +5 Impact[/quote] [b]Masterwork Armor[/b] [quote]• We have begun plans to add Masterworks to Armor as well. • The Armor bonuses will be more modest than the Orb generation on Weapons (in part because you have five equipped at once), but at minimum we want to provide a much requested mechanism to change the Armor stat type.[/quote] [b]Weapon and Armor Mods[/b] [quote]• We don’t have a firm ETA yet, but feedback on Armor and Weapon Mods has been heard! • At minimum, we are looking to ease inventory pressure (ex: collapsing per-slot or per-class Mods) • We’re also seeking to make Mods a more meaningful part of your loadout decisions.[/quote] If you have feedback for Masterworks or Mods, feel free to sound off! Post a thread in the [url=https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Topics?pNumber=0&tg=Destiny2]#Destiny2[/url] or [url=https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Topics?pNumber=0&tg=Feedback]#Feedback[/url] forums to share your thoughts. We’ll have more in the coming year to talk about. Stay tuned. Cheers, -dmg04
English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Making Trials of the Nine and Raid weapons guaranteed Masterwork Drops would be a good way to supply Players with a source of Masterwork Weapons. They are good end-game sources, and honestly it's quite dissatifying to have a weapon drop in a Raid, and then it is not a Masterwork. They are, after all, gear from the most difficult activities. Forged by the Nine and Emperor Calus. Those have to be Masterworks.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

17 Replies
    • Plus 10 impact mod for my better devils would be greatly appreciated. Thank u and good day! 😃

Posting in language:

These perks arent enough. All you did was shift the grind from actual interesting loot (D1) to farming mats for a measly +1 ammo. It's far more rewarding looting a new gun than it is to slap a +1 modifier on a gun I've been using for 3 months. I don't find this fun or interesting and have pretty much lost interest after finishing the story. We want an interesting loot pool with varied stats like the first game. We want a real loot game like Diablo with guns. This is a bandaid solution to a much greater problem. The loot pool is too small and static rolls are boring. Grinding for a good roll on a gun was fun. grinding for +5 to a Stat on a gun I've had since the game came out isn't.

Posting in language:

• Awesome info! Ty bungie!

Posting in language:

• Thank you for being more active in communicating what you guys are working on! Love the game and I hope these changes are great and I appreciate that you guys at Bungie are really listening to community feedback.

Posting in language:

• Could you possibly introduce a forge system when you can take two of the same gun with different masterworks and merge the stat bonuses into one weapon? This would give some meaning to using duplicate weapons and would further increase our end-game goals on a weekly basis.

Posting in language:

• Edited by JokerJulz: 12/19/2017 12:07:05 AM
      Masterwork armor I feel should work in with the weapons so add perks like from D1 when you pick up an orb you heal or get grenade energy or get melee energy or shields start healing so many ways you've already done things to add into the armor bonus but please add more then just those damage to specific enemy types should be in the mod system for weapons as we lost those perks from raids also give shotguns range boosts masterwork shotguns are useless because the bonuses do little to nothing to help them. and just a thought instead of 3oC a system should be introduced where for an example you get a duplicate exotic the chances of getting a non duplicate goes and if the rng gods hate you you still as you collect more exotics have a higher chance of not getting something duplicated go up same with masterworks have it go up until the game drops you one reset the the percentages however it works to the stock standard again. Duplicate exotics should have lower chances of dropping anyway popped 12 exotics first week of CoO and got the crimson and duplicates of stuff I already had until fated engram gave me helm of Saint 14. And vault space we need more I like collecting and if you want us to do that do not limit the space for storing. Thanks for listening. If anyone wants to expand on these ideas let's talk I know flaws are always present in ideas like these.

Posting in language:

• Here's my opinion, Honestly I like the rarity where its at right now, I've not done any endgame activity since the update and have just accrued 11 cores by deleting unwanted masterworks drops. I've also kept about 4 that I like. What I'd like to see is an improvement to the actual bonus you get and more available stat bonuses added. I've just read in your post that you can't roll stability on Auto or Pulse rifles, smg's either. These guns would benefit from an increase to that stat! But you let it roll on shotguns and grenade launchers??? Seems pointless. Overall I'm liking the hunt for the perfect weapon but I'm not going to get my NIGHTSHADE with +10 stability...for example.

Posting in language:

• Honestly like how this is going but would like to see plus 5 or 10 damage. Maybe exotic and unique mastery that give 15 + but make really hard to get it. Make some mastery had different ways to create orb for example presion shot .

Posting in language:

• So what you're really saying is....[spoiler]Nerf Fusion Rifles?[/spoiler]

Posting in language:

• #destiny2 #feedback Thanks for the info! Masterworks would be a good reward for things like raids and trials. Maybe once per week to prevent farming. I hate to say it but, vault space. Please can this be looked at. I love collecting. But have nowhere to save it all.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
      • Give hand cannons a range masterwork please. I don’t see why it would hurt anything.

Posting in language:

• Please don't make masterworks so easy to get that there is no grid for them. I know that not everyone enjoys the grid but it adds a much needed missing element to D2.

Posting in language:

• Edited by BozzyTheDrummer: 12/18/2017 11:44:12 PM
        Has nothing to do with Masterworks, but I just thought of this while reading. Will there be any word on an easier method to dismantle shaders in bulk, rather than one at a time? I myself (I know there have been others) have managed to constantly ignore the amount of shaders I get until now I have WAY too many, and it’s quite cumbersome to dismantle one at a time. And yes, I know, I should have paid more attention and dismantled the ones I didn’t want right then and there. I didn’t. Oh well.

Posting in language:

• nothing major moving on

Posting in language:

• Not bad :)

Posting in language:

• Edited by Friendship: 12/18/2017 11:12:56 PM
        Wow this is refreshing... Thank you for the feedback bud You have no idea how long we been waiting for some fkn attempt at it. This my friend was a good start Thanks again This dude makes Cozmo and DeeJ look like complete tools. Dude just started workin there as a temp and doing better then his half ass*d community team

Posting in language:

3 Replies
        • +1 on mass shader deleting I’d like going back to 1 shader for all your armor- weapons can be separate

Posting in language:

• We're implementing, looking, watching, and planning..... yet we dont deliver in time for the holidays....

Posting in language:

13 Replies
          • Lol. Do they not test anything? We are looking into it bs again. Not sure when. Lol

Posting in language:

• So what, they gonna just start handing out master works weapons to everyone? Might as well just make them a normal drop

Posting in language:

4 Replies
            • -blam!- off!

Posting in language:

• This is nice to see, but how about the player feedback on Eververse next?

Posting in language:

7 Replies
              • Hello, Any word on Vault Space expansion or kiosks?

Posting in language:

• I mean...at least they’re trying to do something. But I fear it may be too little too late. At least it is for me. I can’t really speak to a broader scope.

Posting in language:

7 Replies
                • Breaking down a masterwork should be guaranteed 3 cores at least. Getting one masterwork every three hours and having it break down into one core is frustrating. Biggest problem here is time investment versus rewards. I like to grind, but come on man.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                ;
                preload icon
                preload icon
                preload icon