JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

originally posted in: Uh What? I was banned for no reason?
11/5/2017 4:17:59 AM
Please don't let this just disappear without Bungie at least looking at it.
English

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Edited by ManBearPigD: 11/6/2017 6:55:47 AM
    @Cozmo Seriously the way that you guys at Bungie are handling this situation makes me absolutely sick. How can you sleep at night knowing that you're stealing money from people who have done absolutely nothing wrong. I doubt there would be this much of an uproar if your "manual" system was actually in the right here, but clearly it is not. Things will not die down until you do the right thing and give every innocent player ( myself included) access to what we payed for. There will continue to be forum post after forum post until this is resolved. Does the amount of bad PR you're going to get for this really seem better than just simply telling the truth, apologizing to your community, and fixing the issue? Bc if that scenario legitimately sounds like the better path, then you are utterly doomed as a company, and i feel bad for Blizzard( who truly are a standup company) seeing as they have your game and your logo plastered on their launcher.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• We looked into it. Our recent wave of protective security measures were reviewed extensively and all were identified as having cheat tools running multiple times.

Posting in language:

• You're telling me you've found expedtial amounts of proof correlating me to cheating huh.... G -blam!-in G

Posting in language:

• @cozmo Your post in reddit kinda contradicts a lot of what you all have stated before. You guys are using an automated system to scan peoples computers for programs that aren't even tied to Destiny. Thats what you posted on reddit. This just killed your manual review statement and kinda makes all your bans suspect. Theres a lot of what you wrote in the reddit that makes what you did underhanded. It's a lot of belayed information that was vital for people to know before you started this banning escapade that you all decided to be silent on. How can we believe any of these bans are legit now? It's a bunch of contradictions and shady information omission before the fact.

Posting in language:

• @cozmo That is a straight up lie. I never in my life had a cheat tool running.

Posting in language:

• I play on console, i do cheat nor have i have i ever been associated with anyone who does. I have read the EULA and the licence agreement multiple times and i know with the utmost certainty that i have done nothing wrong. All i have been doing is helping people go flawless, on stream for free. Is that a crime? You can check my recent games look for anything out of the ordinary just tell me what i have done wrong or at the very least how long this will last for. My gamertag is My Dynasty.

Posting in language:

• Edited by PHILS0N: 11/7/2017 10:09:15 AM
    That is a bold faced lie! I had cheat tools running!? This is news to me! MSI X Boost? Discord? Which cheat tools exactly? Was I banned because YOUR servers DC'ed me from this game https://www.d2checklist.com/pgcr/973432624 (2 mins played, no kills for either team.) This temp restriction is inexcusable. I have never, and will never use cheat tools! You have ZERO evidence I used cheat tools because it DOES NOT EXIST! As a paying customer that has played this game 100% legitimately I am livid, this is absolutely untenable.

Posting in language:

• So when does this become an issue that you guys reexamine? How many people have to say that they were innocent for you to look at it?

Posting in language:

• You're seriously an incompetent loser. I can name a billion smaller game studios that I've worked with in the game industry who are more competent than you.

Posting in language:

• Are tools that enable VR considered cheat tools... Is vorpx that enables sterio viewports and head tracking a cheater tool ?

Posting in language:

• So tell us, which ones are flagged as "cheat tools" exactly ? i have NONE runing and still i'm banned. Maybe tools like Nvidia shadowplay ? ansel ? Discord ? Epic launcher ? battlenet launcher ? Uplay ? Steam ? or maybe my antivirus ? You accuse us of cheating, i can give you multiple proof that i have NONE. Challenge us, i'm 100% sure you'll revoke a lot of ban but you don't want to, maybe you think it'll make us rebuying the game ?

Posting in language:

• You should lose your job over this kind of slander of your community, People had cheat tools running? were they even touching the Destiny process? Are you saying you have the right to determine if anything running is a cheat? are you claiming omnipotence and knowledge of how if there is a process your bottom tier anti cheat considers a problem its a justified ban? Your company stock is plummeting from these lies.

Posting in language:

• Their stock is plummeting? I'm sure Bungie, >>>>LLC<<<< is very concerned about the plight of their stock prices. *eyes roll so hard that they generate lift*

Posting in language:

• Youre lying through your teeth and you know it. You steal from players just for what? fun? Ive had Blizzards warden on my computer for the past 15 years and it never said anything of the sort so why would i believe a company that has blatantly stolen from its customers in the past and is now just repeating the process

Posting in language:

• What cheat tools ???? I don't use cheat tools at all. I may have had unreal engine 4 running while playing, but what the hell ??? I'm a game developper, and I don't cheat or use anything that could be taken for a cheat tool. PLEASE MAKE AN ACTUAL INVESTIGATION, YOU CAN'T HAVE SO MANY PEOPLE BANNED AND YELLING IT WaS FOR NO REASONS For f*ck sake that's unbelievable :o

Posting in language:

• Please note "running" and used them are massively different. As someone who develops games, I am banned by proximity to my tools, I wasn't banned by trying to modify, inject or actually cheat. This is rather disgusting to have bans by proximity, and not bans due to actual misconduct.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Stiker2010: 11/6/2017 8:22:32 PM
    Dear administration. Can I get a lock on the account because of (dynamic address) and ban games? I never used cheat program and not violate the rights of the company. If someone is guilty, why should I suffer because of this. Please pay attention to this serious problem that many suffered. I apologize for the English. use Google.

Posting in language:

• @cosmo So can you clarify for me that any program that could potentially modify or inject into the game, EVEN if it isn't directed towards Destiny 2, could be considered a banable offense? If so, then you should warn every dev who bought this game. I was thinking about getting this for a few other dev friends, but after this.... Show, I think ill not spend the 300$ on gifts for people. According to your post "Destiny 2 cannot automatically ban you, only Bungie can ban a player after a manual investigation". If it really is the issue, then you need to review your people. Also why is it that on console, its a 2 week ban, while on PC everything is permanent?

Posting in language:

• Edited by JordanU: 11/6/2017 6:20:59 PM
    Cozmo, is it possible that other than an error in bans, that it's actually an issue with the improper error codes being displayed? When I was playing on PS4, I did a few matches in Conclave and was met with an Error Code: Urchin after one or two games. I absolutely do not cheat or use voice chat, so it was fairly confusing and I even made a post on the forums I could link to asking if it was even a ban to begin with. The issue ended up resolving itself, allowing me to go back into Conclave games a bit after, but that just seems more odd.

Posting in language:

• Maybe try actually looking into it. I don't have anything that even qualifies as a cheat running on my computer and I'm still banned

Posting in language:

• Listen dude, you guys at Bungie need to talk to Blizzard about their anti cheat. I'm using the same programs I use in every blizzard game, every steam game, and every origin game. But Destiny has banned me for (maybe?) having them open alongside destiny, without it being hooked to the process. It's sloppy, and after the first wave of bans, people don't trust you. You need to warn people before they start the game that this can happen to them before they start the game, every other cheat detection in the world doesn't ban for it, with the exception of an exceedingly amateur anti-cheat I saw in a DayZ server once. You stole from me when you banned me for nothing, and if you wanna look up my job application to you guys, I'm in love with Bungie. Take a look at FUNNZO#1517 message me and tell me what cheats I could have possibly been using. You're burning your community, and it sucks for those of us that are innocent and get your copy-paste reply.

Posting in language:

• I don't have any cheat tools, I have legitimate debugging software for legitimate reasons. I'm not asking you to simply overturn my ban based on a proclamation of innocence. I can prove employment as a software developer for another triple-A and would be happy to provide verification as such. It's appalling how easily your policies punish innocent players and simultaneously deny them any opportunity of appeal. You say I ran cheat tools to the detriment of the game's ecosystem. I say you've punished an innocent brother-in-arms. Your extensively reviewed security measures desperately need an appeal process. It's unfathomable that your process is assumed to be infallible.

Posting in language:

• This. Please! Enlighten us Bungie! Was it my Dropbox running? Perhaps Killer Control Center to optimize my network speeds!? Or maybe because I have my BIOS set to my exact RAM timings, that's definitely an exploit! So many RAMS! Ohh, you know what, maybe it was Razer Synapse! I mean, I remapped melee to my mouse button, temp bannable offense!! This is absolute BS. The burden of proof lies on YOU Bungie. PROVE I WAS RUNNING SOFTWARE, go ahead.. I'll wait. Good luck!

Posting in language:

• I've played probably 10 hours of Crucible with VS open and a project running in debug mode. You're full of it.

Posting in language:

• Congratulations? I've got a whole lot more running than just VS; none of it pointed at Destiny. I don't know what piece of software caused my account to get flagged, only that it was definitely in error.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon