JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Help

Help us help you.
Edited by Kellogs: 10/24/2017 10:49:03 PM
Kiinto

Hundreds Of People Banned

Seen hundreds of posts for the past 6 hours since launch of people getting banned unintentionally. Why have these not been lifted? This is crazy. Or at least give us a time frame? From what I can see I didn't break the terms of service and also never knew about this overlay thing. It was never told to anyone. Just clicked play and got banned for having geforce open because I updated my gpu driver to the destiny 2 one. Been waiting for hours now and no response from blizzard. Also from what I saw on the bungie posts a "ban" is permanent. So I may as well refund no? Give me a time frame
English
#pcsupport #Help

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

View Entire Topic
  • So here is what exactly was running on my pc at the time I received my instant ban before even being able to play the game and I've included my pc specs to show that my hardware shouldn't be an issue. Also note that when my ban happened I was actually live broadcasting via Twitch on my regular schedule. Software list: Win10 Pro x64 Advanced Systemcare Corsair Utility Engine (for my Harpoon mouse) MSI X Boost (motherboard utlity) MSI Gaming App (Also a mobo utility) OBS x64 ( running in display cap mode because game cap doesn't work due to 'program hooks') Adobe Audition CC 2015 ( I run all my audio through this) StreamLabels Chatty (Twitch Chat Client) Snaz (Dynamic Text for OBS) Discord (with Overlay disabled) foobar2000 (stream music) Last.fm Scrobbler (linked to panel on my Twitch channel that shows music being played) Battlenet Launcher Destiny 2 Hardware specs: MSI x370 Carbon Gaming Pro mobo Ryzen 5 1600 CPU 16GB GSkill Ripjaws V ram EVGA GTX 1060 6GB GPU (w/ Precision XOC off) Samsung EVO 850 256GB ssd (OS drive) Seagate 250GB HDD (media/music/obs overlay art and animations) WD Black 2TB HDD (games only from uPlay, Steam and Blizzard) So as you can see from that list, not a damned thing nefarious about it. Like I said, I was, in fact, live on Twitch when I switched my game over from Euro Truck Simulator 2 to start Destiny 2 at launch time. I even went as far as to make sure Steam was fully shut down before I even started the Blizz launcher. After all of this, I think that I deserve a better explanation then what Bungie has given us. I know that I haven't done anything to break ToS or to break the game. This is incredibly disappointing not only as a gamer but from a content creation standpoint. I spent months of my time hyping this game to everyone around me, whether I was live on Twitch or in person. I urged people to buy the PC edition to join me in game. But this whole experience has not only soured it for me, but I've already had friends returning physical copies of the PC game unopened (some being Collector's Editions) because of my experience. All I want is an explanation and whether I can finally play the game I spent $120.00 CAD on for a Deluxe Edition or if I can at least get my money back so I can put into a different game and forget Bungie existed.

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon