JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
10/9/2017 10:41:02 PM
Cozmo

Tomorrow, we’re adding a PVP map to Destiny 2 with Iron Banner

Tomorrow, we’re adding a PVP map to Destiny 2 with Iron Banner starting at 2 AM Pacific. Distant Shore will be available in all playlists when the event ends.
English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• some of the people on this forum are just straight cancer. Bungie does its players a solid by bringing back one of the most loved maps from D1. Instead of "Bungie that's awesome, thanks for doing that for us!" they get "waahh another crappy reskin, FU Bungo!" I'm sick of the all the special snowflakes with their entitlement attitude crying about shit all the time. smh

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

246 Replies
    • Edited by Janus Geminus: 10/12/2017 6:41:53 PM
      Since my separate post isn’t getting traction maybe I can add to the discussion here. What most are thinking ..but not saying. My expectations for D2 out of the gate were to receive a game that built upon all of the best parts of D1 and was then refined and polished and incorporated the improvements showcased and hyped in the D2 reveals. Not to have to wait three years to see the things made standard in game by the end of D1 to finally show back up in D2. Instead right now D2 feels like a gutted hollow knock off of its name sake. I expected to hunt for dead ghosts or something similar with a cool story or reward at the end of doing so. I expected world chests that rewarded actual loot and maybe an emblem for finding them all. I expected that even with fixed rolls on generic weapons and only generic mods for generic armor, that the activity specific armor and Weapons or activity specific mods (no there are none ... just a pipe dream) would have bonus intrinsic perks that enhanced play in the related activity. I like the token system but only for planetary NPCs. I hate it being applied to every other facet of the game. I can not tell you how disappointing it feels to finish an endgame activity and receive zero endgame activity specific rewards or to only look forward to more shaders from the Raid because we didn’t beat the final boss this week. (Edit: I also feel that the generic loot that is available from every other vender in the game should not be part of the loot pool for special events like Faction Rally, Iron Banner and whatever else comes down the pipe. It’s insulting to my time and experience to rank up IB in order to get event rewards to then get the same exact weapon and armor I just decrypted at the Cryptarch. (Personal note: Now I have personally gotten plenty of IB loot however I have friends who have not and they’ve ground right along with me in our fire team. They feel frustrated and demotivated to play) I expected that increasing in Power level would actually translate to increasing my power and defense level in activities. Instead it turns out that outside of the NF and Raid 305 is not an improvement over 265. Not to mention that I can after only a month collect a complete set of Rare quality armor and Weapons that with legendary mods will put me at 305 power. No NF, Trials, IB or Raid required. The armor and weapons from the endgame activities is by design really no different nor better than the generic armor & Weapons I had at the end of week one. I feel no desire to play the Raid or Nightfall at all. There’s no compelling reward for doing so, for spending / investing that time. And in D1 I raided nearly every night, the lack of reason to do so has killed that desire for me in D2. Worse thing is that aside from playing with my friends because it’s fun (same and only reason that kept me on D1 after 4yrs) is now the only reason to keep playing D2 after one month. I miss that Gjallahorn moment! I miss clutching a PvP match with a super that can kill a player in one hit, let alone a team. I miss wanting to Raid. Thanks Bungie for taking what made Destiny feel rewarding and sometimes frustratingly fun but most importantly special and leaving it in the past with Destiny 1. Please take this as well meaning. I loved the campaign I love the story and worlds and I love the improvements. But I’d really like you to Make Destiny Special Again! Thank you!

Posting in language:

4 Replies
      • Soo... Destiny 2 sucks Any one excited for Anthem?

Posting in language:

24 Replies
        • Something needs to be done about people who quit out of games. There is nothing worst than playing a game with smaller teams only to have someone quit and then you not replace them forever. There needs to be a limit of how many games you can quit from then a cool down period.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
          • Edited by drvankmen: 10/13/2017 7:16:12 PM
            Honestly man, i think its over for destiny 2. You released a looter shooter with no loot anyone wants to get.

Posting in language:

• Adding? Really? You mean just returning it. Every map in Destiny 1 is in Destiny 2. Your lying Cozmo. Tell the truth.

Posting in language:

• Instead of reskinning Shores of Time on Venus, you could have just sent us there. But no, give it a facelift and made it look like it belonged on Nessus. Hooray! New content!

Posting in language:

1 Reply
            • Can you add the rest of the game while you're at it? Thanks

Posting in language:

12 Replies
              • Played 25 matches. Haven't seen this map yet.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                • Nobody cares that you added a new map to the already limited few there are. How about you fix the loot system so that I don't get the same side arm 7 times in a row.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                  • Can someone explain why lord saladbar keeps calling me a hunter when iam on my titan, did he just asume my class?

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                    • Fix the heavy amo showing its still there when the enemy has already picked it up!

Posting in language:

• I think you really need to work on fixing the bs in the crucible before you start adding maps. I mean fix the dam issue when enemies don't take damage, it is ridiculous. If your not aware of this problem, you are in the wrong line of work.

Posting in language:

Clockkwork
                      Clockkwork

DON’T ask for an inv if you don’t sweat - old

This is by far my favorite map, I only wish it'd come up more often.

Posting in language:

• not many people are saying this but i like that you guys added back one of my favorite maps it was a nice gesture taken the wrong way

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                      • [quote]Tomorrow, we’re adding a PVP map to Destiny 2 with Iron Banner starting at 2 AM Pacific. Distant Shore will be available in all playlists when the event ends.[/quote] The reward system needs to be fix. I am tried of getting the same type of reward ever time I turn in any type of engram. Here is an example from today I did the night fall I had a legendary, exotic, and the reward for completing the night fall. I open all three and they were all chests pieces. It seems like the system is glitch and stuck on rewarding the exact same thing all the time. Same thing for my hunter, I am rank up with the iron banner and all I get are weapons, no armor. THIS HAS TO BE FIXED!!!!!!

Posting in language:

• Why is the matchmaking so broken? It puts me with a bunch of idiots. I swear the gave love screwing people over.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                        • Edited by PrinceLamar501: 10/12/2017 6:33:53 PM
                          [quote]Tomorrow, we’re adding a PVP map to Destiny 2 with Iron Banner starting at 2 AM Pacific. Distant Shore will be available in all playlists when the event ends.[/quote] I've played over 20+ matches and FINALLY ranked up IB to 10 and ALL I've gotten was the IB bond, SMG(twice), Scout(twice) and Auto Rifle...(not to mention all the normal guns you also put in IB engrams I could get from legendaries). AND NOT ONE REAL ARMOR PIECE. Bungie....seriously fix your RNG. If players take the time win and/or lose in IB and get to Rank 10, the VERY least you could let us pick a armor piece upon completion of the Milestone. This is terrible.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                          • Edited by ProBMFK: 10/12/2017 7:12:37 PM
                            Is there only one piece of armor in IB this time? Genuinely curious because I’ve opened four packages and have only received the boots 🤔 Edit: 5 packages, sorry.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                            • People are acting surprised or angry that this map from D1 has been added to D2, but they shouldn't be either. Both Bungie and Activision have a history of bringing back old maps and nostalgia is a good sensation sometimes. What is surprising is that Bungie didn't try to charge players for it, as that is Activision's usual way of handling past maps. Kudos to you, Bungie for adding it for free. But if you try to charge for old content, then you deserve to have the hounds of hell unleashed on you.

Posting in language:

• Cosmo, I have an idea. Move us to two loot pools. Vanguard armor & weapons which have additional mod slots with D1 perk type mods for PvE and the current offering of mods and single mod slot Crucible Armor & Weapons for PvP. Players would enter both settings with the generic white or green or blue weapons that they do now. Only legendary vanguard weapons would have additional mod slots. This balances the game and would make both sides happy.

Posting in language:

• Thank you for this map, it brings back nice memories. Kinda makes you wonder why are the vex transforming Nessus to look like Venus though...

Posting in language:

• Can i ask you a personal question. Were you on board with 4 v 4 because im trying to adjust but i cant get around the other teams out team working mine every time i play solo and am really upset with this using me to fill a quit out spawning in and get fist of havocked immediately

Posting in language:

• Reskins are dangerous though. Whats next we have had weapons armour and now maps. Only thing left is reskinning a raid for a dlc and calling it new.

Posting in language:

• How about you add some fun to the game instead

Posting in language:

• Thanks for the content! Really loving playing on the map, so glad y'all decided to bring it back. Cheers on the great game so far 👍

Posting in language:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7
                            You are not allowed to view this content.
                            ;
                            preload icon
                            preload icon
                            preload icon