JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Service Alert
We are actively investigating issues impacting Destiny 2 services. Until resolved, some Destiny 2 and Bungie.net services may experience disruptions. Please stay tuned to @BungieHelp for updates.

Forums

10/9/2017 10:01:44 PM
This is simply just code for: [i]"We forgot to put the timer in for the raid on prestige mode."[/i]
English

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• If they add a timer I'm actually going to throw my console out of the fücking window

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Make sure to record that and send me the link. Haha

Posting in language:

• [quote]This is simply just code for: [i]"We forgot to put the timer in for the raid on prestige mode."[/i][/quote] Pretty sure its the no adds glitch for calus they are referring to..

Posting in language:

• Edited by KiDJuNgLeFeVeR: 10/9/2017 10:43:52 PM
    Pretty sure you took what I said way too literally...

Posting in language:

• [quote]Pretty sure you took what I said way too literally...[/quote] Probably

Posting in language:

• No worries, happens to the best of us. =)

Posting in language:

• [quote]No worries, happens to the best of us. =)[/quote] True lol. With the amount of people on here complaining about the NF timer, it wouldnt have surprised me if you were serious xD

Posting in language:

• Haha Nah, I knew about the Calus exploit a couple days ago. While I do stand firmly in the opinion of the timer being the worst and laziest idea to artificially increase difficulty (Timer doesn't make it hard at all) to the nightfall; I was mainly seizing the opportunity to poke fun at Bungie and their "difficulty" timer. The timer topic is an issue for another day however, as I'm trying to avoid forum toxicity today. haha

Posting in language:

• [quote]Haha Nah, I knew about the Calus exploit a couple days ago. While I do stand firmly in the opinion of the timer being the worst and laziest idea to artificially increase difficulty (Timer doesn't make it hard at all) to the nightfall; I was mainly seizing the opportunity to poke fun at Bungie and their "difficulty" timer. The timer topic is an issue for another day however, as I'm trying to avoid forum toxicity today. haha[/quote] I feel you. Gg for the subtle poke :D

Posting in language:

• Almost every raid encounter since VoG has had a timer. You just don’t see it ticking away.

Posting in language:

• I understand your meaning, but I wouldn't classify the enrage mechanic as a timer as it isn't a mechanic based on time, but based on what round/turn you are on with the boss. Only two instances (maybe I missed some) within the raids come to mind when a timer has been utilized as a way of causing a wipe. Crota - Deathsinger instance right before fighting Crota WOTM - The tank and captain instance Or heck, maybe you are defining the use of a "timer" in the same way that I see it as a turn/round based mechanic, and we are in complete aggreeance haha.

Posting in language:

• I was referring to enrage timers. They are mostly time based: Templar, Atheon, Deathsinger, Crota, warpriest, golgoroth And the turn based ones had timers built in: oracles, vosik, aksis I and II.

Posting in language:

• To be honest, I never encountered enrage once in VoG against Templar or Atheon. Not saying you are wrong, just that I never saw it in that raid. Crota was the first time I experienced the enrage mechanic. Also, your list of examples as time based encounters are actually turn based. It isn't like there is an invisible 10 minute timer before enrage hits. It's based off dps turns. One Turn=One dps phase Example: Crota doesn't enrage based on a timer, he enrages after a certain amount of dps phases pass without him being killed.

Posting in language:

• [quote]This is simply just code for: [i]"We forgot to put the timer in for the raid on prestige mode."[/i][/quote] If there's a timer then I'm out of here. Takes away all the dam fun from the NF.

Posting in language:

• No it adds fun to the NF, nightfall was way too casual before, the timer makes it so you can't just die constantly and expect to beat it. But I do agree that the raid should not have one

Posting in language:

• I just hate having to run past everything to be honest. I enjoyed clearing rooms slowly and laughing as my teammates or myself would accidentally jump off the map or kill yourself with a gally lol. I wish they'd remove the timer but add in the team wipe to orbit modifier again.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon