JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Help

Help us help you.
Edited by xI Kosmo Ix: 9/14/2017 9:29:42 PM

CABBAGE with Thomson/Technicolor-Router, FIX

TLDR: the thomson/technicolor router alg is messing up the game's udp connection (port 3074). To fix it unbind the CONE(UDP) application helper with following cli command "connection unbind application=CONE(UDP) port=3074" --- I work for an isp (1st lvl support customer service). We use a lot of different modem/routers. Some of them are thomson/technicolor. So far only customers who use thomson/technicolor routers (for example tg588, tg788, tg789) had issues with disconnects/cabbage errors. Yesterday i also downloaded destiny2 on my xbox one. Plugged in my tg588 (software version 10.5.8.E) and started to investigate. It doesnt matter if you have upnp enabled, setup a manual portforwarding or a "dmz". It doesnt affect the cabbage error, tho you will need portforwardings for an open nat typ. I guess otherwise multiplayer/coop wont work without issues - but i didnt test multiplayer/coop so far. The cabbage error is caused by the ALG (application layer gateway) also called application helper. To be more specific, the CONE(UDP) connection helper which is bound to udp port 3074. When i disabled the CONE(UDP) application helper by unbinding it from port 3074 the cabbage error was gone. I could reproduce the error by starting a new game, right after when you fight with zavala at tower plaza, there is the door to tower north, thats where the cabbage error happens everytime if the alg is bound to udp 3074. To change the configuration you probably need full access to the router cli (if telnet/ssh is enabled and what kind of configuration can be changed, depends on the defaultconfig/firmware, some isps lock the config up very tight). Connect via telnet or ssh to your default gateway. The command "connection bindlist" shows which application helpers are bound to which ports. For unbinding: "connection unbind application=CONE(UDP) port=3074" "save all" permanently saves the config. /to undo the change: "connection bind application=CONE(UDP) port=3074" If you don't have access to your router maybe your provider can help. Playing serveral hours without the alg bound to udp 3074 - no cabbage error so far. --- edit: corrected typos where i said port 3075 instead of 3074 --- edit2: the bungie network troubleshoot guide: https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Troubleshoot?oid=13610 says that the ps4 uses also udp port 3478-3479, so you may have to unbind connection helpers that are bound to these ports too. just look for ports used by the game in "connection bindlist" and unbind everything that comes in to conflict with the udp game ports that are reported in the link. for example: "connection unbind application=CONE(UDP) port=3478-3479" --- edit3: multiple ps4 users confirmed that u only have to unbind port 3074 or portranges containing port 3074

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Thank you mate! I've been searching for a fix for weeks!! and you finally helped me out without having to replace my router!!! Cheers mate!

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• You sir, are a hero. I was ready to give up on this game because of this issue, but in you came riding on your white horse of technical knowledge and saved me!

Posting in language:

• This needs to be a sticky!

Posting in language:

• Bungie owes you money. If this works for me, you have no idea what a difference it will make. I've never played D2 for more than 25 minutes at a time.

Posting in language:

• When it was Beta, I can not play because of the Moore bug and then I was hit by the Cabbage bug. This was something that irritated me and frustrated my experience in Destiny 2. After making the settings requested by you, I started having a problem with NAT. Livetim had already warned me that this requested configuration would cause me a problem with the Xbox Network. I got in touch with Xbox and they after analyzing my connection sent me this report Número do Protocolo: 1403778945 As your contact with the Xbox support, it has been verified that your connection is NAT Strict, so your modem is configured with closed ports. To resolve this issue, the network ports that must be open are as follows: Porta 88 (UDP) Porta 3074 (UDP e TCP) Porta 53 (UDP e TCP) Porta 80 (TCP) Porta 500 (UDP) Porta 3544 (UDP) Porta 4500 (UDP) Also follows to exaplain link about NAT: https://support.xbox.com/pt-BR/xbox-one/networking/nat-error-solution When will you finally solve this problem? I have not had the error Cabbage, but I'm having Echo problems in the Group, I'm always disconnected from the group and I have problems in other games and all on account of Nat

Posting in language:

• This has fixed my Cabbage problem with a technicolor router. Thanks very much for this! Much appreciated.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
    • My ISP told that they dont support Telnet what do i do ?

Posting in language:

• I have the same problem but i have a GT784WN gateway and the "connection bindlist" nor "connection unbind application=CONE(UDP) port=3074" are there. The only one that appear are logout exit quit reboot adsl xdslctl xtm brctl cat loglevel logdest virtualserver ddns df dumpcfg dumpmdm meminfo psp kill dnsproxy syslog echo ifconfig ping ps pwd sntp sysinfo tftp wlctl arp defaultgateway dhcpserver dns lan lanhosts passwd ppp restoredefault route save swversion cfgupdate swupdate exitOnIdle wan cwmp

Posting in language:

• when i type the command: connection bindlist in the cmd there comes up a text saying: command not allowed. Im logged in via admin so how the hell am i not allowed?? pls help im fkn frustrated :(

Posting in language:

• I get this in cmd when I type telnet *modem ip* "Unable to connect to host, on port 23: Connection failed" Technicolor tg389

Posting in language:

• Thank you!

Posting in language:

• Thoroughly screwed here, keep getting "Login not allowed (User 'admin' is disallowed to login from lan to telnet). Closing connection" Called my ISP 3 times (twice it was the same guy which was pretty funny), and we can not figure out why it does it. It has nothing to do with my PC but entirely to do with my router and I can not find a way around this. This is loads of fun because I can't play Destiny and it's Holidays. I may just resort to buying a new router. Technicolor TG588v

Posting in language:

• Edited by Darkmuu: 9/28/2017 5:04:09 PM
      Nice information. Although I'm not experience Cabbage per se, I do have a lot of problems with the game usually when trying to do Crucible or doing stuff at the Tower. Game shows "connecting to servers..." (or something like this) and after a few times, I get disconnected back to title screen and usually with a Weasel error. Using a Technicolor TG788vn V2 modem from Telmex (Mexico ISP) and currently connected to my Xbox one via Ethernet and with the Xbox set to DMZ. I will try your fix and see if this can actually help me. I'll post an update as soon as possible :D EDIT: Ok, tried the solution yesterday and today in the morning was playing crucible and couple trips to the Tower and zero crashes so far. Kudos for your work Kosmo, you're the MAN.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
      • Hello Kosmo, I hope you can help me. I'm able to access my default gateway via telnet, but I have an ePMP Force 200 5GHz antenna that gets signal and gives connection by being connected to router. So I can access it but seems that the commands are different, if I write "connection bindlist" nothing happens. I found a .PDF that shows all command lines available, but I don't know where to put hands. Do you think you can help me?

Posting in language:

• [quote]TLDR: the thomson/technicolor router alg is messing up the game's udp connection (port 3074). To fix it unbind the CONE(UDP) application helper with following cli command "connection unbind application=CONE(UDP) port=3074" --- I work for an isp (1st lvl support customer service). We use a lot of different modem/routers. Some of them are thomson/technicolor. So far only customers who use thomson/technicolor routers (for example tg588, tg788, tg789) had issues with disconnects/cabbage errors. Yesterday i also downloaded destiny2 on my xbox one. Plugged in my tg588 (software version 10.5.8.E) and started to investigate. It doesnt matter if you have upnp enabled, setup a manual portforwarding or a "dmz". It doesnt affect the cabbage error, tho you will need portforwardings for an open nat typ. I guess otherwise multiplayer/coop wont work without issues - but i didnt test multiplayer/coop so far. The cabbage error is caused by the ALG (application layer gateway) also called application helper. To be more specific, the CONE(UDP) connection helper which is bound to udp port 3074. When i disabled the CONE(UDP) application helper by unbinding it from port 3074 the cabbage error was gone. I could reproduce the error by starting a new game, right after when you fight with zavala at tower plaza, there is the door to tower north, thats where the cabbage error happens everytime if the alg is bound to udp 3074. To change the configuration you probably need full access to the router cli (if telnet/ssh is enabled and what kind of configuration can be changed, depends on the defaultconfig/firmware, some isps lock the config up very tight). Connect via telnet or ssh to your default gateway. The command "connection bindlist" shows which application helpers are bound to which ports. For unbinding: "connection unbind application=CONE(UDP) port=3074" "save all" permanently saves the config. /to undo the change: "connection bind application=CONE(UDP) port=3074" If you don't have access to your router maybe your provider can help. Playing serveral hours without the alg bound to udp 3074 - no cabbage error so far. --- edit: corrected typos where i said port 3075 instead of 3074 --- edit2: the bungie network troubleshoot guide: https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Troubleshoot?oid=13610 says that the ps4 uses also udp port 3478-3479, so you may have to unbind connection helpers that are bound to these ports too. just look for ports used by the game in "connection bindlist" and unbind everything that comes in to conflict with the udp game ports that are reported in the link. for example: "connection unbind application=CONE(UDP) port=3478-3479" --- edit3: multiple ps4 users confirmed that u only have to unbind port 3074 or portranges containing port 3074[/quote] I owe you one cold beer!

Posting in language:

• I`t worked perfectly, thx alot. Thomson TG789iv PS4 PRO

Posting in language:

• Desde Santiago de Chile en Sudamerica: Estoy probando tu solución...Edite el archivo .INI de configuración y aplique los cambios que indicaste. Te cuento como me funciona estos días. Cruzando los dedos!!

Posting in language:

• After following the steps you described I was able to solve the cabbage/lettuce errors. Thank you very much.

Posting in language:

• 👏 marry 👏 me 👏 For those doesn't know what to do: 1. Go to your Control Panel > Programs > "Turn Windows features on or off" (or you can just search that on the search box) 2. enable "Telnet Client" 3. run CMD(Command Pronpt) as admin (you can just search "cmd" and then click with the right click > "run as administrator" 4. type "telnet *your modem ip*" and click enter. 5. enter with the super user account of your broadband company (just google it or ask their support to do those for you) 6. type "connection bindlist" and click enter. 7. see if it's listed the por 3074 or the range starting 3074 if the range is ONLY 3074, type "connection unbind application=CONE(UDP) port=3074" else type "connection unbind application=CONE(UDP) port=*THE RANGE THAT SHOWS" for example, "connection unbind application=CONE(UDP) port=3074-3658" 8. type "connection bindlist" and click enter just to see port disappeared. 9. DONE BABY [spoiler]I recommend try if it's working with the mission "Enemy of my enemy" in Titan (you need to finish campaign)[/spoiler] PS:. if you know how to make this modem works with Nintendo Switch online games like Splatoon 2, Arms and Mario Kart 8 DX, tell me. I owe you one.

Posting in language:

9 Replies
        • Im a 40 yr old Vet. all this sounds way to complicated for me I dont understand all the tech talk I dont have a PC so how do i fix this cabbage BS? If i call the ISP what do i need to tell them pls simple answer would be great im seriously fed up with the situation and i haven't been able to enjoy the game.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
          • No need for all this. Make an internet connection with PPPoE. It bypasses any hardware related issues on i.e. technicolor routers. I did after struggling for 1 week with Cabbage kicks. Result: 0 kicks. Hope this helps some of you.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
            • I'm not experiencing Cabbage and Lettuce errors on my netgear router. Are the steps the same to attempt this?

Posting in language:

• Edited by idan williams: 9/19/2017 1:30:01 PM
              Hey, had this problem from the first mission! Gone through the steps, but didn't know my username password. Called provider, they gave me the info, but also said they connecter the router and ip to my xbox one. Been playing and nothing for an hour, then it wouldn't load first time into a new zone. Now had the cabbage twice in 5 min. Tried opening the ports myself, and it says Failed to delete CONN binding Any idea? Not very good at this stuff. Thanks a lot.

Posting in language:

• I did it and the cabbage error stops! Thank you, thank you, thank you sir! Now I am with NAT 3 but at least I can play.

Posting in language:

• Bungie, This Guardian just solve a problem that your team (apparently) did not figure out. A problem that affects thousands of people... And probably the "only" thing you had to do was to use a different port... [b]!! Be sure to thank this guy and compensate him !![/b] From my side, thank you Kosmo!! Even if bungie forced us to change our ISP modem configurations.... P.S.- For those who do not have [i]telnet [/i] available in [i]command prompt[/i] (if you are using win10). You can download putty and select telnet option.

Posting in language:

• It didn't work for me i try call my internet company and they say they did it but i keep getting cabbage error, :(

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
            ;
            preload icon
            preload icon
            preload icon