JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by scr00ge: 9/13/2017 6:28:12 PM

Destiny 2 is fun, but they killed everything I loved about the Crucible

Destiny 2 is fun, but Crucible basically sucks. 4 player only? Who ever asked for that? 6 player was loads of fun.. if anything going bigger was better not smaller. I had over 15,000 sniper kills in Destiny 1. Maybe 20,000. They killed the sniper in Destiny 2. I'd really like to see a game more where we start with 18 rounds of purple ammo... but then I guess we might have rockets and grenade launchers with that. How about a traditional mode where snipers and shotguns are allowed eh? Bungie you really blew it on the crucible. Hope you fix it, but I guess my family will be happy that my play time is a lot less. EDIT - To the comments about lack of skill on sniping/camping. This is pretty laughable, but to prove a point here is a clip of a game with best around and unbroken utilizing Red Death primarily. Very little sniping. My skills like everyone else's evolved over the years in Destiny 1 and quick scoping some something I naturally practiced. But this video is pretty boring to watch compared to many of the sniping montages out there that show significant skill. And that is a SAD part of this... the death of the montage video because who cares to watch montages of MIDA kills. I'm asking for an additional game mode so the community of crucible players can choose how they want to play... then Bungie can look at the results and see what to build off. My opinion, of course, is that changes they have made, make D2 inferior to D1 in crucible. For a short-term... I think a great fix would be to allow purple ammo for all team-mates near it like D1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7nnZrHB8Vo

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Honestly just miss the fact that it is even more difficult than it was in D1 to out play two opponents due to the potency of team-shooting. In D1, crucible had some pretty crazy metas but the times where I outplayed enemies when I was out numbered is what made crucible worth it to me. Just kinda miss the higher possibility of outplay potential.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• People are being babies. Crucibles better. Pretty much everyone thats angry about the change are people who couldnt use a primary in D1. Its hilarious. Learn to use a primary and ull stop complaining so much 😁

Posting in language:

8 Replies
    • It might be because crucible and trials was sit in the back with a full sniper team and dominate, or rush with a sniper shotgun.

Posting in language:

• God forbid you get team shot in a game type with teams. 🙄 They need to bring back Rumble and the other game types, including private matches. They did take the easy way out with the new loadout system. Although I'm glad I'm not getting shotgun'd 50 times a round.

Posting in language:

• I can not stand the new K+A/D system - [b][u]can[/u] [u]not[/u] [u]stand[/u] [u]it[/u][/b] I am getting medals for assists - a double kill medal for weakening other players, and my team finishing them off. Why? How does that make any sense? And this "efficiency" bullshit has people thinking they are doing "great!", but in reality their assists are keeping them in the positive because they can not finish their own 1v1's, and they are not really learning how to improve because they already think they are "efficient". This is all dialing back to some weird "everyone is a champion, here is a participation trophy" logic. I mean, I wasn't the best D1 PvP player by a long shot, but when I was trying out a new setup/gear, I would like to see if it worked at all, or if it was a dud paradigm. Not being able to track my K/D after a round was a good indicator for me if a weapon was just "meh" or if it was exceptional. Now, I end a round with a 6+ "efficiency", yet I can not tell if what I did was actually decent, or if I somehow just helped a lot of other people be more "efficient".

Posting in language:

12 Replies
      • They removed Rumble and I feel lost on the game lol, and running in 4s is kinda boring

Posting in language:

• 4v4 is better Making Snipers, Shotties, and fusions power weapons has made it less fun. Bungie took the easy way out. Instead of balancing things they just made them less relevant. I also feel like the primaries are weak. Grasp, Hawksaw, Eysaluna, Palindrome, Mida, etc all felt strong in D1. In D2 I'm yet to come across a weapon that feels like it is rewarding me for precision shooting. All the battles feel like spamfests

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • I'm the opposite. I had 500-600 hours of crucible in D1 but D2 plays much better to me where I can probably tolerate 1k hours barring Bungie doesn't nerf everything and they add onto the pvp. Special weapons play a smaller role thank god cause it's all people relied on in D1. D2 makes it actually special where it "can" change the momentum of a game rather than being given like candy. Don't care for the 4v4 format, much rather play 3v3 if they had it. I'm also not part of this bandwagon blaming 4v4 for team shots cause 6v6 would be worse. I do however think taking 6v6 away and FFA was a bad idea cause you're limiting options. Plus a quickplay playlist sucks if it's the ONLY thing there. You can keep it but try putting individual modes out there as well, I dislike supremacy so much. I like where the supers are at, they go in hand with the special weapons being more limited and being more of a game changer rather than being given to you like candy. I would however up grenade recharge a bit for more strategic play.

Posting in language:

• Agreed. Everything that was fun and unique about the crucible is gone. :-(

Posting in language:

• I mean I'm fine with 4v4. I'm fine with the power weapon changes. Hell im fine with a lot of stuff. The ONE thing that grinds my gears about PVP is how weak the guns are. It doesn't take skill to run around holding each other's hand and team shoot people. It's boring, it promotes camping, it's not fun. Hell I don't think I've had a supremacy game go to the score limit, it always runs out of time bc of how passive people play this game. No one wants to push unless you have number advantage. And I'm sorry IDGAF what anyone on this forum says, if you think destiny 2s pvp in terms of gun skill is better than destiny 1s, you were probably a horrible destiny 1 player. Literally the only people I see praising destiny 2s pvp are the people that HAVE to team shoot to do well. But it is what it is. If bungie buffs weapon damage to bring make the TTK faster then I'll be playing this game as long as I played D1, if they don't I won't.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
          • Bungie's biggest mistake was bringing Mida Multi-tool back. It was always an overly powerful gun, and right now its by far the strongest for team shots. They should have left it behind in destiny 1, but someone just had to bring the cancer to D2

Posting in language:

2 Replies
            • Yeah they really blew it hard. You can't camp s lane and one hit kill everyone the whole match now. What a shame. /s

Posting in language:

1 Reply
              • And we can’t even just go back and have fun in D1 crucible because they ruined that too

Posting in language:

• I don't find PvP in D2 as much fun as in D1. It's ok, but not as jolly as D1. D1 was a bit more random, more casual, more varied, more chaotic, and larger. D2 seems ... repetitive ...

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                • lol so your clip from 2015 is your evidence that you're not just another salty Hand cannon / sniper lover?

Posting in language:

7 Replies
                  • it's been made for bad players so they don't have to think about positioning or any tactics outside of teamshotting. the value of individual skill is almost zero. Shame!

Posting in language:

14 Replies
                    • I agree this crucible is garbage, there's really no point in using snipers anymore when a rocket launcher can work the same if not better

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                      • RIP The shytload of sniper montages for MotW.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                        • You know for a fact everyone with a negative KD will have a rocket or grenade launcher equipped. 😂

Posting in language:

• Then it's time to actually get good lmao. This is what most asked for, and if it would had been the same d1 crussible updated people would still have complained.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
                          • Edited by Syrious: 9/12/2017 1:12:13 PM
                            The fact that scouts and autos are the go to weapons just go to show how shit the PvP has become

Posting in language:

16 Replies
                            • Translation: I'm mad because I can't abuse op no skill strategies and I have to actually get good.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                              • Only bungie is capable of making another meta that is just as bad as stickies/sidearm meta

Posting in language:

• Yea I'm really not feeling pvp right now, none of the maps feel very complex in comparison to D1 some of those maps were just irreplaceable. I feel like D2 tried abit too hard for stoppage and team choking, with alot of hard stops making pacing feel very slow also with less players , less interactions allowing more time for one camping and two having to run back to a fight. This makes defense much stronger than in D1 because there are less ulti's grenades, and fire being directed at you , and now with the new warlock trait they will literally camp hard heal out dmg and have overshields by the time you meet them again, while. Hunters feel alot slower than before and i main titans but use all. Currently since the game just came out I'm sure they need to do some tweaking, scout rifles seem very strong atm with no real range competition due to sniper nerf.

Posting in language:

• Wouldn't be as bad if your abilities actually did something grenade and melee is useless and usually just gets you killed attempting either one , 2 primary weapons is dumb and unnecessary everyone gonna stick to there one go to gun Shot guns and snipers arnt worth using when a rocket launcher gets the job done quicker and with less skill ,

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                                • Just another skilless sniper who cant ohk anymore. Stop embarrassing yrself. You are just telling everyone how bad you are at pvp.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                                ;
                                preload icon
                                preload icon
                                preload icon