JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Help

Help us help you.
Edited by Centaia: 9/17/2017 12:22:04 AM

Destiny 2 loot and power level bug.

I'm experiencing a bug with the loot drops regarding my power level. My overall power level is 274, and all legendary and exotic engrams as well as npc rewards are all droping at 266 power level. All blue quality gear is 266. I have made a second character to get more powerful gear and despite my power being 274 the exotic rewards are rewarding me for 266 power. All of my gear is either 268 or higher. I believe this is a bug because my friend is recieving gear for 269 engrams and gear. If this is being posted in the wrong section please post where to properly file a support ticket as i couldnt find a ticket submission url. Edit: Milestones reward at full power level once per account per week. Switching to a second character of thr same class will make the milestones reward at aprox 10 below your power level.
English
#Help #gameplay

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Its a bug i have a titan 15pl, a hunter 293pl, and a warlock 302pl, when i play my 302 lock all loot blue, legendary, and exotic are all below my current light level at 292 or below this needs sorting this post is over one month old, is this the reason there is no customer support as they dont fix problems

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Hi. I get it can be frustrating and quite difficult to explain. So I'll do my best. First things first. I'm gonna explain some terms. There are three power levels. Base power level, total power level and average power level. When you hover over a peice of gear you see the total power level. And when you look at your guardian you are seeing an average of your total power level. The base power level of a peice of gear is the total power level minus five if it has a legendary gear mod. So now for th confusing part... you're sat there scratching your head at 271 light level (average light level. Wearing all 271 gear. Scratching your heads cause all that is dropping as loot drops is 267 gear. You rage cause the gear is a power total light than what you've got on at the moment. Take a moment and do some inspecting. First check the gear your wearing. Look for legendary mods. When you find one, minus 5 from that peice of gears power level and you'll notice it's base power level is 266. Take the same time to look at your drops. You'll notice most don't have a legendary engram (exotics always do which is why the drop is always at least 5 higher than what the engram says it's gonna be) what that means is those garbage pieces of gear your all complaining about getting are a higher base light level than the gear your wearing (cause all you've been getting is 267 drops) Take those 267 drops and infuse them into what your wearing, or attach legendary mods to them and start wearing them. You'll notice you eek out a light level increase. So yay team! Now, on top of worrying about base power levels, Average power levels and total power levels, you've also gotta contend with the fact that once you're base power level passes 265, getting drops that cause any significant increase is mostly down to either RNGesus, Milestones or smart usage of exotic weapon quests. RNGesus is a cruel and unforgiving mistress, so I'll focus on the other two methods (I'm sure everyone can figure out grind more to earn RNGesus's favour, and you might be blessed) Milestones: the ones that reward with 'powerful gear', these are your goals. But before you go rushing in thinking yeah I'll smash out the four milestones on reset day and I'll be golden! Don't make that mistake. To do it effectively what you wanna do is stagger each milestone reward with an increase to your overall base power level. Cause for those that don't know, each 'powerful gear' engram rewards you with a gaurented base power level improvement, up to the current cap for base power level (which contrary to popular belief is 300) When you get one, you'll get a base power level increase, it may even put you close or near the next light level. Farm gear, at a now increased base power level that what you were getting to drop before, and infuse into the gear you wear. That will again raise your base power level, and average total power level. So the next milestone you go and grab has the largest possible gap between power levels to jump. The second method, is exotic quest missions. These should be saved till you're at least 265 base power level, if possible save till you can't save any longer. Compete the mission for a guaranteed light level increase. Now I've personally found, grabbing nightfall milestone, then flashpoint (whilst farming and infusing) then crucible, whilst intermittent farming and infusing gear, to be the easiest route/most time effective. If your drops are far and few between, remember the vendors (gunsmith, zavala, failsafe ect) can each be farmed to give out gear that drops at the same that random loot drops. It's not a bug really, more a poor communication of how each "soft cap" works and what light level actually means. MG Vain

Posting in language:

9 Replies
    • I fully believe this is some kind of bug. All of my gear, excluding mods, is *at least* 269, most of it higher, and yet every single legendary or rare I get is 269, and every Exotic is 274 (269 without a mod). I was getting higher level gear last week, up to around 275, but for some reason now everything is stuck at 269, which leads me to think there's some kind of bug that's preventing it getting higher. I doubt Bungie will look into this, but unless it gets fixed or I somehow find a work around then I'll be consigning this game to the shelf, as there's literally no reward for playing anymore.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
      • [quote]I'm experiencing a bug with the loot drops regarding my power level. My overall power level is 274, and all legendary and exotic engrams as well as npc rewards are all droping at 266 power level. All blue quality gear is 266. I have made a second character to get more powerful gear and despite my power being 274 the exotic rewards are rewarding me for 266 power. All of my gear is either 268 or higher. I believe this is a bug because my friend is recieving gear for 269 engrams and gear. If this is being posted in the wrong section please post where to properly file a support ticket as i couldnt find a ticket submission url. Edit: Milestones reward at full power level once per account per week. Switching to a second character of thr same class will make the milestones reward at aprox 10 below your power level.[/quote] Same. I'm at 271 but all my blues and legendaries drop at 265. Not one blue or legendary 266. Did all the crown quests. Need to do trials and leviathan.

Posting in language:

• Stuck at 271. The previous behavior for this type of upgrade was to the level of the infused item. Example: a purple 268 rifle infused with a purple 274 rifle would usually upgrade the purple 268 rifle to 274 level (sometimes higher, sometimes lower). Also, any leg engram drops were at 270-284 and blues would drop 268-274 and clan engrams would drop at 273-283. Here is when it all went to shyte. I tried to upgrade a purple 268 sword with a purple 278 sword. It upgraded to 271 and ever since then nothing upgrades, nothing drops, not drops higher than 271. I can change my level to 250 and still engrams show 271. I can increase my level to 278 and still only drops at 271. Even exotic engrams only drop at 271. Nothing will drop or upgrade further than 271. I've clear out the game app data, logged out, no luck. Everything drops, and I mean everything drops at 271. Public events, strikes, exploring, exotics, clan awards, leg engrams from NPC..wtf? Hopefully this will be fixed soon as the game is pretty much unplayable with everything dropping at 271.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • I have three characters. Warlock hunter Titan and all three will nit level up as everything drops 10 levels below my power level. That includes exotics legendary and blue. Game is broken. Fix it.

Posting in language:

• I just find it funny that Bungie said gear will drop relative to your level.. well I'm 305 in everything expect a chest piece (302) Even wouthout mods, my base level is 299, yet all my drops and engrs are hard locked at 290. Even my Nightfall and other "Power" Engrams don't drop any higher than 294-295. The hell of it is all the guns I have at 305 are piss poor and I absolutely hate them. But you can't infuse a primary sidearm into a handcannon and you can't infuse a grenade launcher into a rocket launcher.. so pffft... The only thing that drops close to 300 are exotic Engrams, last one being 304. But my buddy who is barely 304 gets 300 blues to drop just from patrol and his factions on EDZ etc.. always drop him Engrams at 298+ What the Hell's kitchen Bungie?? Dafaq?

Posting in language:

9 Replies
          • This is all happening to me everything is 268. I can't level at all and my friend made a new Warlock (same as me) and already surpassed me and I play way more than him! It's pissing me off. If they don't fix it soon then I'm done with destiny. I put in alot of time and get shit. My friend barely plays and gets all the best stuff

Posting in language:

• To anyone who says this is not a bug, I refer you to my hunter's stats. My BASE average is 285.375, yes all of my gear has legendary mods but that is not taking them into account. Not only is that my current load out but it is not necessarily my highest load out. At a base average of 285 every gear drop or legendary engram I get on that character is 282 or sometimes 281. My warlock and titan just got into that same range and both are already getting 283, 284, or 285 drops. There has to be something glitched about my hunter's drops.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
            • Yeah this is really frustrating for the time we’re putting in. I’m at 302 and everything is dropping at 292 or less for me. I have other characters but I haven’t even finished the story on them yet so it’s not that blocking me. It’s making it really hard work to level up as it’s been this way from the start and I didn’t use legendary mods until I was over 280.

Posting in language:

• Edited by D1m3b4g2: 10/1/2017 2:35:32 AM
              I’m the same. Been sat in 289 for about a week now. All my drops are 281 or exotics at 286. Literally just decoded 10 engrams all utterly useless to me. Not entirely sure what to do other than perhaps work out which piece of armour has a mod and is screwing me over but this is just a giant waste of time. I've gone through every single piece of my armour and nothing can be infused. I've removed every single piece with a mod on it and dropped my light back to 284 as a result - makes no difference. I'm still only rewarded with 281 engrams. Their system for uplifting power/light is flawed. Seriously game breaking flawed and I've lost interest in playing it for now. Hours of my life wasted.

Posting in language:

• I hate people that are leveling saying it is a soft wall. This is a BUG. I've tried all the so call solutions everyone said will fix it (GRIND, infuse, stikes, etc). I have 2 friends that have been with me on a fireteam. They have done the same things I have and they are up to level 280. I'm stuck with 267 drops on all gear and weapons. I'm at level 274. The only drops that are above 270 are exotics. This has been going on for a week. 1 of my friends started a second character and is all ready at 277 and getting drops rare and legendary at 270 or higher. He has not done all the quest or milestones so, why is he getting higher drops then my main. So stop saying you have to grind. IT IS A BUG.

Posting in language:

7 Replies
              • My friend who has played a lot less than me is getting random 300 drops between his lower drops. I have not seen one random legendary over 294 with out mod, and I have been over 300 for almost 2 weeks now. And I have been 304 the last week and still no difference. How can he get random 300?

Posting in language:

• Edited by seano77: 9/27/2017 5:20:00 PM
                Try only wearing one total or no exotics, I think there is a bug that has equipped exotics block out the others. I started infusing exotics into my legendaries and my hunter jumped from 284 to 294 yesterday after I did it. You can rebuy the exotics for cheap from the bank and level them up later.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Threshold: 9/30/2017 12:00:06 AM
                HERE IS WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO TO BEAT THIS ISSUE - it's a bug with the 5 points from legendary armor mods not being taken into consideration for what loot drop "bracket" you are currently in. See below; http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Xx%20Threshold%20xX/video/37210437 ...even though my legendary was lower rated than my exotic - infusing it into my exotic still bumped it up 4 points bc without the mod - my exotic was not actually higher than the legendary. ...it can work either way - does not have to be legendary into exotic. Just depends on what has the mod. If you hit a wall on drops - you need to stop breaking down gear and constantly check within a gear's infuse menu to make sure you can't infuse anything into it - regardless of the power level. A couple of infusions like this will kick you up into the next drop level bracket

Posting in language:

• Edited by xXPRoPRoDiiGYXx: 9/29/2017 3:54:45 PM
                I find this so annoying and stupid... Bungie is so rigid with how you play the game its almost takes the fun outta the game.

Posting in language:

• Hi, has this been fixed yet, we all having the same problem , I cant play anymore, friend and I like to play this together he cant level up, he keeps getting 265 drops and not more. So he can level up and do raid. I am also stuck now at 268 drops. Have I wasted my money on Destiny 2 , Destiny 1 was so much better.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                • Edited by Liekos26: 9/28/2017 12:48:32 PM
                  So I'm not sure if what you guys are saying if this is actually a bug or not. I've been playing on my hunter which was carried over from D1, and haven't really gotten stuck on any power level for long. I've actually been able to steadily raise his power up to 300 now. My enegrams are a lower light lvl but they do sometimes give a drop that's a higher light than what I had before, so takes some time but shouldn't be getting stuck for too long.

Posting in language:

• Hey guys I think I figured this out, for the last week I was stuck between 270 to 272 and my base roll on drops were 266 always, then the weeklies reset, did 5 luminous engrams and now my base roll on everything is 272, so im starting to believe bungie is punishing players that didn't buy and play day since day 1, need more people to test this theory though, hope this helped someone out there, cheers!!!

Posting in language:

• Its happen with me today on Clan reward..!!! I got my mida to 286 while I was 270. Clan engram usually higher than 10 of current level. Now its 1 below current level...! The difference is...I started leveling my other character last night..! My first character is Titan...my second is Warlock. I guess...if we start leveling other character..it will screw up the first one. Need to delete the Warlock to see if it that case..

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                  • Same situation here. I only have one character that i took from the last game who has a power level of 276 and all drops and engrams are dropping at 270. I am stuck. It is this type of thing that made me give up destiny last game - my time was not rewarded. Additionally the duplicate exotic drops are getting me down. I have got 17 exotic engrams and of these only 4 different exotics. So i am getting duplicates 4 or 5 times per item. Ridiculous. Now when i get an engram i dred getting it decrypted. Fix this shit please. Thanks

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                    • This is probably the issue I have been stuck at 265 and finally realized it's because my base light level is actually 270 due to the legendary mods installed on a couple pieces of legendary and exotic gear. I have been throwing out 265 pieces not realizing that a few of the pieces of my gear are not actually at a BASE of 265 they are at a "boosted" 265 due to the legendary mod. It's not actually a bug, it's just a poor implementation of using base light level for drops instead of combined. Soon as I infused my few base 260 pieces the problem was resolved.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                      • We're not alone, by the way. There is a post on Reddit mirroring our complaints. https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/6z3wrj/warning_powerful_gear_engrams_appear_to_be/?utm_source=amp&utm_medium=comment_list Still nothing at all from Bungie on our end or theirs. Wish I know what else I could do to draw attention to this issue.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                        • Edited by Atreuss: 9/26/2017 4:36:22 PM
                          What I would like to know is why is it some people are bugged, but others have all three guardians well over 300+ and everyone is doing all the same content, all the milestones etc. Oh and they were 300 before the raid even. Something is wrong....

Posting in language:

• i have had same issue on two characters. On Titan at 275, i couldn't get above 268. Managed to grind away to get warlock to 278 (using some weapons from titan) and cant get anything above a 272. If i am able to complete a milestone and get anything new, its higher so have been able to make it to 280, but still everything drops at 272, no matter if its a quest, strike, crucible, etc. This is making it extremely difficult to raise level unless you do the raid continuously.

Posting in language:

• I'm having the same problem, my over all power level is 275, but i can't seem to drop any gear above 268. It's completely halted my progress and they really need to fix this problem now

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                        ;
                        preload icon
                        preload icon
                        preload icon