JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

8/31/2017 5:52:28 PM
Aim assist on PC definitely needs to be toned down a bit. It's YOUR choice to use a controller on PC. If you don't like it use a mouse and keyboard. It's you who has to adapt because you're the one opting to use something different to the default.
English

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Actually, if you think about it the default is a controller. Destiny 1 only used controllers and Destiny 2 PC is releasing later because it isn't done when the console version is.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• We are discussing the PC version of the game. Mouse and keyboard is the default input to PC. I shouldn't have to explain that.

Posting in language:

• You should've looked up the definition of "default" first.

Posting in language:

• I agree, keyboard and mouse is the system for pc, so they should come a long first place above controllers.

Posting in language:

• Hooray someone who thinks with their brain and not their ass, thank you sir.

Posting in language:

• Aim assist on PC definitely needs to remain the same. It's YOUR choice to use a keyboard and mouse on PC. If you don't like it, use a controller. It's you who has to adapt because you're the one unable to beat folks that are using a controller. Go PCmasterrace!

Posting in language:

• If you take of AA all together, could a player using a controller beat a player using a K+M? But People who use a controller should be able to use a handicap because they choose to use a controller? Sounds logical and fair. If you want to use a controller, I believe you should either be ok with being on the same playing field as people using K+M or, go back to playing on a console.

Posting in language:

• Mouse and keyboard is the default for PC so your argument sucks. Besides... I can beat people who are using controllers. I just don't want to find myself caught between the two and wondering which is statistically better to use, especially when I might prefer the other.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Madman Asunder: 8/31/2017 7:03:57 PM
    why is it the default? why is default not chosen by game? Why is there a default? PC empowers players to play how they want, dev'ng for PC and saying you support multiple inputs gives you the responsibility of making said inputs all viable. I do respect your argument of "toned down" vs "taken away".

Posting in language:

• Edited by Gatomori: 9/1/2017 2:17:48 PM
    [quote]de·fault a [b]preselected option adopted[/b] by a computer program or other mechanism [b]when no alternative is specified[/b] by the user or programmer.[/quote] Realistically, do you plug a controller in your PC to [b]change[/b] from your m&k controls or is it the other way around?

Posting in language:

• Edited by Madman Asunder: 9/1/2017 11:04:21 PM
    so because I use a mouse and keyboard to navigate an OS, it is the default since it will be "last clicked" input when the game boots? I disagree with the premise. A PC is broader than that. A mouse and keyboard is, at the end of the day, just another input to a PC. Neither controller nor m+k fits the definition you have provided. Now in the game, if you could start it without either plugged in and see what keys/buttons show and that would be the "default" as defined above. But that is defined by the dev, not the PC platform. I think default as Beserkerrr is claiming could be defined as "well that's how its always been".

Posting in language:

• You don't need to use some weird logic to determine what is default on PC. It's seriously not a complex thing. The great majority of PC gamers use a mouse and keyboard. We use controllers maybe for things like Rocket League but not an FPS. This is no argument, it is fact. Bungie, while developing on PC, SHOULD cater to mouse and keyboard FIRST and anything that would encourage the use of controllers in terms of player advantage SHOULD be fixed (toned down or removed). I don't care what you consider to be default is because the fact is that 80%+ of the PC population uses keyboard and mouse and I can guarantee you that the ESports scene will too. Destiny's PVP will lose a LOT of players because high level players won't be able to take the game seriously if they're playing against controllers with AA. Trust me. PC players are very fussy about this sort of thing and the PC market is very competitive. With Overwatch and CS:GO being as big as they are as FPSs, Destiny needs to take this seriously.

Posting in language:

• [quote]so because I use a mouse and keyboard to navigate an OS, it is the default since it will be "last clicked" input when the game boots?[/quote] No, it will be your system default because it won't require your intervention to be so, as its meaning defines. You can use whatever you want to browse your OS, but realistically, like I said, you'll already be using a m&k, which is why laptops come with a keyboard and a trackpad built-in, and not a controller, for example. [quote]I think default as Beserkerrr is claiming could be defined as "well that's how its always been".[/quote] Might as well be, considering the rest of the comment.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon