JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

Edited by Nabistay: 8/31/2017 4:42:00 PM
As a PC player and an Xbox player, I prefer a controller. I prefer playing on my TV than on my monitor. I love the way destiny feels, you at Bungie have made an amazing game that feels great to play. If someone who is like me, and plays with the controller as a primary method goes into Crucible and the feel is different, the AA is different, it is not going to feel the same. It will feel like my Guardian is weaker. Bungie has championed keeping the feel and play the same between PvE and PvP. Maybe I am in the vocal minority, but I think this method has merit and is the only correct way to make a game like this. You guys hit it out of the park in D1, don't mess it up by unlinking PvE and PvP feel. What I see here in this thread is a bunch of people who 1. Agree KB/M is better, and equally skilled players are going to perform better with KB/M than a controller without aim assist 2. A bunch of KB/M players who feel that with Aim Assist controllers cause the scenario with two equally skilled players to flip and give the game to the controller player 3. A lot of worry that the KB/M player will be at a unfair disadvantage the way it is currently, which directly mirrors how controller players will feel if the AA is taken out. I trust bungie to tune the AA over time. Fact is, KB/M is inherently better, and there has to be something to balance out the disadvantage you give yourself when you choose to use a controller. If there isn't, then Keyboard and Mouse becomes the only way to play and compete. Nobody likes being forced into choosing an input method they don't like, and it goes against the inclusiveness Destiny has and Bungie worked so hard for. And Skill-Based matchmaking will at least make sure games are close, even if people use different input methods. Who is to say that someone's skill with a controller is less than someone else's skill with a Keyboard/Mouse? They require different muscle memory, and they both require time to master. Neither is easy to pick up immediately. The analytics will show keyboard/mouse players getting headshotted by shots that the player wouldn't have gotten without AA, but it will also show controller players getting headshotted by shots the player couldn't have gotten without the precision of the controller. And if the numbers don't show that, then I am sure and trust bungie to do their tuning. And then nerf fusion rifles.
English

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• You can plug a pc into a tv with HDMI cable since a few years ago. I get my console experience on games like Phantom Pain and Nier that way. Large tv + HDMI cable + xbox controller.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Edited by Zormau: 9/1/2017 12:05:08 AM
    [quote]Fact is, KB/M is inherently better, and there has to be something to balance out the disadvantage you give yourself when you choose to use a controller.[/quote] Simply put: no. Choosing a worse input method does not warrant compensation if the better option is available, especially in a pvp context. You are responsible for your choices and should be ready to bear the consequences. The other issue is this: PvP is the place where players *compete* with one another, a test of who's better at playing the game, Supers, Power weapons and all. This competition, as in measuring one's skill against one another, is completely undermined by one player getting computer based assistance based on his input choice. Controller players still would lose far more than M/K players, but it will leave a sour taste to every kill: "Did I just get that kill because he's on a controller and couldn't physically turn around fast enough?" "Did he just get that kill on me because aim assist snapped him to my head and sticky aim traced me for him?" You should never be in a situation where you ask yourself those questions in a PvP game. There can be no even footing with Controllers and M/K mixed in FPS PvP.

Posting in language:

• Maybe that is the way Competitive FPS games like CS and whatnot are, but that isn't destiny. Even desiny's competitive modes are less than hardcore. And yes, any skilled KB/M user should be able to kill a aim-assist controller player. Not all the time, but the amount of AA in D2 isn't enough to cover KB/M's natural advantage. The sour taste is real, and is bad, and should definitely be avoided if possible, but the analytics will show that KB/M still dominates even with AA on controllers. Controller players will still have that sour taste no matter what. But at least they have a chance at competing. If the analytics don't show that, it will be tuned and changed. Destiny isn't a pvp game. It is a game that has pvp. there is a very, very large difference there. PvP and PvE aren't two different games, they are just two parts of the same game. And just because you think it is impossible to achieve perfect parity between KB/M doesn't mean that attempting isn't worth it. Even a little bit of effort and software development can bring the gap closer. The number of players who benefit from something like this can (and if the numbers show it, will continue) to prove that it is worth it from a developer and pvp health perspective. More people will have options they wouldn't have otherwise, so more people will continue to play that wouldn't before, which means shorter queue times and better options for SBMM, which would mean the developers can support more game type queues, which means the game stays relevant for longer and provides more fun overall. That is the theory, anyway. Again, if it is the way you think, time will tell and they will reverse the decision. Analytics gathered and player performance will be judged and reviewed. They will attempt to do what they always do; maximize fun for everyone. And they have had mistakes before, look at the engram decryption issue Y1. I might not agree with their choice to remove AA from the game or from pvp, I think the reasons they have included it are sound. But show me the numbers in four months, and I will believe those over my experience no issue.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon