JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

8/31/2017 2:58:15 PM
Easiest way to fix this is to have two lobbies/matchmaking systems in crucible. - You want to play with aim assist, then you are only matched with other players playing like this. - You want to play without aim assist, then you are only matched with other players playing like this. It's not difficult to do, just have the option to turn on/off aim assist in the setting menu. And have this option only available before you launch anything (crucible, strikes, raid etc.). So after you join/launch something you can't change this option before you leave the game and go all the way back to "orbit/director". Don't have the game "detect" what controller you are using, cause that can be spoofed and we have people running k+m with aim assist. Rockstar did this with GTA V online, so go ask them for help if you (Bungie) can't do it yourself. This would be the best solution. If anyone thinking it's not, they need to give a reasonable explanation why.
English

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• If your going to do that, why not just take the extra step and fully separate pve from pvp. I see no reason why pve should be limited to two primaries because some sweaty player gets ohk'd by a player they perceive as being lower skilled.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• pve benefits from the new weapon system in my opinion. But hey if you enjoyed sitting still sniping at a boss who was also sitting still for the entire dps phase... power to you.

Posting in language:

• I enjoy sitting back and sniping in general. Who's to say that shouldn't be a viable strategy in PVE? For me, that's fun. Not EVERY encounter should be like that, but to entirely eliminate a playstyle that some people enjoy doesn't make sense. And also, encounters would not be relegated to that kind of strategy if shotguns and fusion rifles were viable alternatives in PVE. However, due to changes made primarily for PVP reasons, they were not good/viable alternatives in PVE. They have had their moments when they were buffed, but we have seen how quickly Bungie undoes those changes. Snipers have just been consistently more reliable.

Posting in language:

• Edited by arZic: 8/31/2017 5:08:13 PM
    Even though that's not what's being discussed here. I agree that PvE and PvP should be separate. So that they can balance the game on both sides. But this is a lot more work than just having matchmaking consider if you have "aim assist" on or off in the settings menu. Also, i don't know if my first post got this trough clearly. I don't care if i get matched with aim assist in PvE game modes, I only see an issue with aim assist in PvP. The changes they have made to the primary, secondary and heavy weapons is a totally different discussion. If they have separated PvP from PvE, they could have balanced the former gun mechanics. I agree it feels weird having the same weapons in both primary and secondary, and only whipping out the secondary to take down shields and then going back to primary that yield more damage. It seems that PvE in the beta, the new system just cause it to be less diverse combat, but I don't know how the full game will feel. Maybe if they allow for more than 1 exotic gun to be equipped at the same time it will feel better. At least that we can have 1 primary/secondary exotic and 1 heavy exotic equipped at the same time.

Posting in language:

• Your solution regarding multiple exotics is inadequate IMO. Unless they go back to the Y1 formula where exotics actually WERE more powerful than legendary weapons, you wouldn't be receiving an adequate firepower boost by equipping 2 exotics. Bungie's philosophy regarding exotics shifted between Y1 and Y2. In Y1, they wanted them to walk the thin line between FEELING overpowered and actually BEING overpowered. In Y2, they just wanted them to be unique - but not more powerful than legendary weapons. And you can see how that played out in Y2/Y3, where exotics became far less prominent, particularly in PVP. In Y2/Y3, there isn't really a loadout that you can imagine being SIGNIFICANTLY better in either mode. Spindle is great, but if you had a 1k Stare with reload perks or if you had reload arms, or both, you could have roughly the same DPS. Truth wasn't significantly better than the Cholonic Dragon or other high blast radius launcher with 2 or 3 in the tube. So equipping 2 exotics under the Y2/Y3 philosophy for exotics (which I have to presume is going to be the model for D2) will not significantly alter your overall firepower/dps IMO. You simply can't replace DPS from a sniper/shotgun/fusion rifle with another primary. You can dumb down PVE content so you don't feel the loss of the DPS as much but that doesn't do anything to resolve the boring/repetitive play. Bottom line is that PVE has gotten progressively worse in this game as more and more emphasis was placed on PVP. I think that is an unfortunate development, and its ultimately why I've decided I'm not moving on to D2. They need to separate the two, OR, if they insist on the unified sandbox, then to give PVE players equal representation in the sandbox team so our interests are taken into consideration and accounted for when balancing patches are released. This would ALSO require that they abandon their quest to make Destiny a competitive E-Sport, because the things they would need to do to make this game competitive will ultimately corrode our reasons for playing PVE in the first place.

Posting in language:

• I never said it was a solution, it's a compromise to make the new weapon systems more enjoyable. Although i doubt there will be any change from how it is already, and with that said we don't know yet if its possible to equip more than one exotic. We'll find out in a few days... But to the point of this post. Do you disagree that people using aim assist (if it's not removed from the game), should be put in a separate matchmaking pool in PvP?

Posting in language:

• Nobody cares about something assist in PVE. It's pvp where something assist in unwanted.

Posting in language:

• And nobody gives a damn about how much you die in PVP, so I guess we're even!

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon