JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

8/30/2017 5:55:52 PM
The XIM4 presents the same threat to console PVP, dunno why people think this is a PC problem. The XIM4 is just cheating, end of story. You can't balance around people that cheat. Disabling controller aim assist on PC would be a disservice to a large portion of the player base to protect against a few assholes.
English

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Cheating?? Not one bit. Sorry to disagree with you. Is using a Joystick for fighting games cheating? A steering wheel with pedals for racing games cheating? A flight stick for Battlefield or other flight games cheating? No. These are just peripherals designed for the the games they are used for. Mouse and keyboard are awesome tools for FPS games, so why would you want to stick with a controller??? By the way- Playstation has already licensed a M/KB for use. So good luck getting M/KB banned from console use...

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Edited by Cryhunter059: 8/31/2017 6:16:15 AM
    If you have to use a 3rd party accessory to trick the console into using your peripheral, which is normally not approved by the console makers (meaning all MKB other than those officially licensed), you are cheating.

Posting in language:

• First of all, Sony and Microsoft have no issues with the Xim and have even said it was okay to use. Sony sells a mouse setup for PS4 on their own webpage and back it. Are people who buy that cheaters as well? You cant win this man sorry.

Posting in language:

• Links to Sony/MS giving the okay for XIM? Also, does the Sony approved MKB have AA?

Posting in language:

• Here you go: HORI Tactical Assault Commander Pro plug and play m/kb for PSN. "Officially Licensed for Playstation" http://www.hori.jp/products/p4/p4_tac_m1_US/ Sorry controller users, but you are just going to have to accept that people are going to use the best tools to give them a 'tactical advantage'. Aim bots, wall hacks, modded controllers (rapid fire, burst fire, recoil control, and such), XP hacks, etc. . . are used to CHEAT. Using a peripheral to play a game- not a cheat.

Posting in language:

• You didn't answer either question.

Posting in language:

• Edited by ARCHER444: 9/1/2017 2:58:59 PM
    Fair enough... I don't know off the top of my head as to whether or not Sony/MS has given the green light for use of the XIM (or any of the other kb/m adapters- and there are several). I don't need to provide a 'link' as that is pointless. The fact that Sony has already licensed the use of a KB/M should be proof positive that they are ok with it. As for MS- there was mention of a MS employee that actually uses the XIM, and loves it (even said several people at MS use it). I won't spend the time looking for this 'proof' as I'm sure you are capable of using Google for yourself- there is a TON of discussion about this on the MS support boards. And to date, no one has been banned for using a XIM alone (no other obvious cheats/hacks). So I'll let you form your own conclusion... As for your second question- yes, the Sony M/KB adapter uses the game's aim assist.

Posting in language:

• Son of a bitch...a console is a casual platform and most ppl dont even know that u can use a mnk on console also the way console games are designed (aim assist and stuff) shows that it us meant to be played with a fkn controller so shy do u 30 yr old virgins stop ruining our games with emulated mouse aim and u can play 10 sens while still being able to be as accurate like a 1 sens. Tell me how is that fair ...and dont even lie to me every xim4 scum I know played better with it as they got used to it. For example a average dude played a 1.4-1.5 gets a xim because he wants to be that chris kyle sniper and boom 2.20 kd was there and the kid thinks he is good...peoplelike they are make me made..like tgis is a fkn videogame and assholes ruin them by compensating their missing talent by using better tools. Its like I run against usain bolt but im on a bike. PLEASE AL XIM4 USERS DIE BY CANCER....lemmout

Posting in language:

• I understand your frustration. Sorry you feel that way. As for it not being 'fair'- that is a matter of opinion. Why are Scuff controllers so popular? I mean they can cost upwards of $200. It is because they give players tactical advantages over the regular controller (like using a paddle to jump instead of having to press X or A with your thumb). Is that fair? I will answer my own question- yes it is fair. The Scuff does absolutely nothing to change the natural mechanics of the game (you can't jump higher, run faster, crouch quicker, change your HUD, etc... with a Scuff), just like the XIM; rather, it only ehances them by letting you comfortably use of the natural coordination of your fingers to execute complex manuevers. A mouse is a much more natural way to aim in a FPS/TPS shooter- to some; however, others feel way more accurate with a controller. So why be angry at people for using what is best for them? No one is forcing you to use a controller. If you feel a m/kb will make you some sort of PvP god, then by all means, go buy one yourself and see if it is for you. And by the way, consoles are not just for casual players in case you didn't know. Ever heard of MLG? So there you have it. Players want to push the limits of their skills with the right tools for the job- be it a Scuff, XIM, wheel, joy stick, or any other peripheral out there. Can't beat them? Then get a faster bike...

Posting in language:

• To my knowledge the PS4 nor the XB1 has been hacked yet. So there is no threat of hacks cheating in PvP. If you have information and sources that say otherwise please share.

Posting in language:

• hacks for console games have been around for a long time, anything can be hacked , if anything can be made, it can be broken.

Posting in language:

• @spartan people like DrLupo are using MnK on Console so it is possible

Posting in language:

• This.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon