JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

8/30/2017 3:22:16 PM
I'm going to sound incredibly petty and I don't care right now. PVP has ruined much of Destiny for me, and others. So when I see something threatening to ruin PVP all I can say is "Good. -blam!- PVP".
English

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• just get better at pvp me and a buddy got so good that us two can verse 3 on xim 4 with ease 4 with slight difficulty its so easy just get better guys

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Bump

Posting in language:

• You aren't the only one. The game is built for casuals. Casuals won't be able to hit anything with no aim assist. Now they want aim assist taken away? LOL It's the hardcore sweaties ruining this game. They don't like OHK weapons, they don't like OHK abilities, now they don't like aim assist LOL. How about we just take everything FUN out of the game and make this game the FPS-version of Pong.

Posting in language:

• [quote]LOL It's the hardcore sweaties ruining this game.[/quote] This. The e-sport wannabies and the content creators. Which is why people need to stop listening to them mis-represent themselves as "typical gamers". At least nKuch was honest about his wanting to play Destiny for money. Most of these jokers aren't.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Ahhsenberg: 8/30/2017 10:13:01 PM
    Nah. Let's just make it a PvP only game that wants to have a bit of Halo in it - Bungievision would love that. Oh... wait...

Posting in language:

• Aim assist is fine. On console. On PC when you plug in a controller you can use your mouse and keyboard and it tricks the game into thinking you're using a controller, so it gives your mouse aim assist, which breaks the game, legal hacks.

Posting in language:

• ..and that should be fixed. No argument here. But the solution is you go after the cheaters....not the legitimate controller players.

Posting in language:

• And I was saying this was something of a major concern when they announced the game on PC. Now that its here, I have no sympathy LOL. I really don't care what wrecks PVP at this point, as PVP has been a wrecking ball for anything fun in PVE.

Posting in language:

• Edited by NoSafety: 8/30/2017 10:06:12 PM
    explain to me how? so if they nerf something they have to nerf it for pvp and pve? you're telling me it's the people playing pvp who make that decision, who have total control over that? if high skill level players want something nerfing in pvp it's because it's genuinely out right cheap, the only snowflakes that moan about everything are the one's who can't play any pvp game and think that EVERYTHING is op.

Posting in language:

• Edited by kellygreen2: 8/31/2017 6:15:55 PM
    [quote] if high skill level players want something nerfing in pvp it's because it's genuinely out right cheap[/quote] ROFLMAO. You must be new to this game...... "Genuinely cheap" in the Destiny Universe==> anything that might allow someone who doesn't play this game for a living (streamer, content creator) to compete with those who do. Because once Trials of Osiris dropped in Spring of 2015, they have bitched, whined, and moaned CONSTANTLY until practically enverything that made the game fun in PVE got nerfed. Multiple times. One of the biggest problems that afflicted Destiny 1 was this relentless "power drain" that afflicted PVE because Bungie forced both sides of the game to share a common sandbox. So----because of PVP-motivated nerfs----PVE players would see their characters get weaker and weaker with each new weapon "update". when all that they did for PVP, was just switch around the meta. Until the crucibabies figured out wha the new meta was....then it was back to business as usual. Until the next round of nerfs.

Posting in language:

• Power drain is going to continue in D2 btw. Luke Smith I believe already indicated fusion rifles would be getting a nerf. And I don't believe he was joking.

Posting in language:

• They have been nerfed.....in terms of ammo capacity. During the console beta, you could run around with as many as six shots with the fusion rifle they gave us to play....and even as a fusion rifle lover, that's simply too many rounds given the changes they made to the game. In the PC beta, its down to four rounds. Which is much more reasonable. ...and----in the hands of a good fusion rifle user----you are STILL MORE than capable of ruining people's days. ;-)

Posting in language:

• I'm going to guess that they mean further nerfs than just ammo though. From the way people are talking, they expect to bring their damage output down to be more in line with the other heavies. Rather than boost the damage of other heavies....

Posting in language:

• With the way Destiny's unified sandbox works, all nerfs are applied across both PVP and PVE. A great example of this is Truth, where it had 3 rockets in the tube, but it was one of the most UNDERUSED rocket launchers in PVE. However, it was used extensively in PVP, and was "problematic" in trials where a single player could wipe a full team with one heavy ammo. So you have a situation where something was nerfed in BOTH modes, even though it was UNDERUSED in one mode and was considered cheap in another mode - and so it was nerfed in BOTH modes. [quote]you're telling me it's the people playing pvp who make that decision, who have total control over that?[/quote] I'm telling you that their complaints + bungie's statistics showing "overusage" is what results in the nerfs. Like it or not, thats how it works. Enough people complain and SOMETHING will get nerfed. While SOME things do get nerfed that were not complained about, a large majority of nerfs were actually ASKED for by the community- a minority of the community really. [quote]if high skill level players want something nerfing in pvp it's because it's genuinely out right cheap[/quote] Not true. This game was never supposed to be ultra competitive. High-skilled players hate things that kill them because it basically puts people they deem to be lower-skilled players on equal footing. They claim it takes no skill to kill someone with a OHK weapon like a sniper or shotgun, when in reality, it takes skill, just not a skill they're willing to recognize. The problem here is that this game was built around space magic and awesome weapons/abilities. If you get killed by those, your getting killed by those by design. [quote] the only snowflakes that moan about everything are the one's who can't play any pvp game and think that EVERYTHING is op.[/quote] This is probably true, but there isn't a filter at bungie regarding "high skilled" players and crucibabies. They're all lumped into one pile and typically they get their way, even though they're a minority of players in the community. I

Posting in language:

• [quote]High-skilled players hate things that kill them because it basically puts people they deem to be lower-skilled players on equal footing. They claim it takes no skill to kill someone with a OHK weapon like a sniper or shotgun, when in reality, it takes skill, just not a skill they're willing to recognize. The problem here is that this game was built around space magic and awesome weapons/abilities. If you get killed by those, your getting killed by those by design. [/quote] Dead. Solid. Perfect.

Posting in language:

• Yes all weapon nerfs apply to PvE as well as PvP so the guns they make useless turn into garbage for PvE. That is a huge joke.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon