JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

#feedback

Edited by DreaM It: 8/31/2017 1:56:24 PM

XIM4 Serious threat to competitive PVP [PC]

"Games like Overwatch had Aim Assist on PC during the beta and was subsequently quickly removed after it was brought to Blizzards attention about using the XIM4. There's a reason no competitive FPS has Aim Assist, it's not just because of "PC Master Race can't handle getting booked by controllers" which i see pop up every now and then. It's because people can literally get a free aimbot that is undetectable with a keyboard and mouse. It has NO place in PVP games." Source - https://www.reddit.com/r/destiny2/comments/6wv1td/just_like_to_point_out_something_regarding_aim/ Thanks DontReadIntoItPlease Destiny 2 has built-in aimbot basically and when used with XIM4, you have undetectable serious advantage against controller and k+m players. Aim assist needs to be [b]tweaked[/b] or removed for PVP side of the game. Edit: What I mean by competitive PVP - Competitive Play mode and Trials of Osiris/Trials of the Nine. I wasn't talking about ESL. I don't want anyone to have advantage over me when playing those two game modes.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Edited by MadHaze_01: 1/5/2018 7:48:30 AM
    Is any thing going to be done? It's getting worse , we must put pressure on bungie to remove aim assist on pc pvp!! Look at the numbers bungie , and watch them grow when people hear you have removed aim assist on pc.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• @Bungie REACT TO THIS PLEASE! I wanna play trials without getting frustrated over those xim4 players. Please remove the aim assist and the problem is solved. We need more people to cry this out so we can play pvp in peace!

Posting in language:

• Edited by Ronin: 12/15/2017 11:25:21 PM
    I´m here from the german community. And i am totally on your side... It´s completely trash. You can not play Trials of the nine anymore. "Ruined by Bungie" ^TM. Controllers have nothing to do with SHOOTERS on PC. So please delete this option to use a controller. People who want to play with it should play on a console...

Posting in language:

• This is why I wish they would have just stuck to consoles. Pcmr people are just the most insufferable people ever.

Posting in language:

• I agree with OP completely. We need to remove aim assist from the PC version. It's too easy to cheat undetected with it. Not only that, but I imagine anyone wanting to use a controller in this game will be playing PVE anyways... a controller is about as anti-competitive as it gets for PVP PC gaming. Every single game that launched with this feature has removed it. Most didnt even make it to launch as it was removed in beta. I think that says enough that it should be removed from here too. On top of everything else, the game is already generous enough with headshots.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
    • The XIM4 presents the same threat to console PVP, dunno why people think this is a PC problem. The XIM4 is just cheating, end of story. You can't balance around people that cheat. Disabling controller aim assist on PC would be a disservice to a large portion of the player base to protect against a few assholes.

Posting in language:

13 Replies
      • I am only replying here to be heard. Please remove aim assist from PvP on PC, Bungie.

Posting in language:

Don't worry they will remove it for PC. We all know esport is one of Bungie's goals if they don't remove it D2 will never be an esport period.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
        • Aim assist needs removed, or the PvP won't be worth playing. If they want to keep it for PvE, I couldn't care less, but I'd prefer Bungie didn't straight up kill PvP before the title even launches. I hate having to refund titles I've been looking forward to.

Posting in language:

• https://www.reddit.com/r/destiny2/comments/6wyrgm/how_to_enable_aim_assist_for_mkb_on_pc/ Since aimassist is no big deal everyone should enjoy it...

Posting in language:

• I tried telling people this over a year ago.

Posting in language:

• Relevant Twitch Clip: https://clips.twitch.tv/HedonisticPlainBeeDancingBaby

Posting in language:

• Edited by xBeyond Beliefx: 8/30/2017 10:51:21 PM
          Stuff like this is why I am really skeptical about Destiny 2 on PC. You really don't know what you are up against. PC enthousiasts tend to know much more about the inner workings therefore are far more likely to exploit things. XIM4 is just 1 issue but I'm sure there will be many more.

Posting in language:

• I'm going to sound incredibly petty and I don't care right now. PVP has ruined much of Destiny for me, and others. So when I see something threatening to ruin PVP all I can say is "Good. -blam!- PVP".

Posting in language:

16 Replies
          • If they want competitive PvP it needs go to period. It's that simple!

Posting in language:

3 Replies
            • Honestly, why bother trying to start an intelligent discussion here? This forum is cesspit of morons and screaming children.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
              • Bump

Posting in language:

• Bungie SUPPORTS cheating, allllll their competitive play modes are pay to win

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                • Destiny is not competitive.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
                  • I play on PS4 and wish they would remove AA for everything I hate it after putting hundreds of hours in Rainbow Six Seige.

Posting in language:

• Don't even need a XIM4. You can use third party software to do it on PC - https://www.reddit.com/r/destiny2/comments/6wyrgm/how_to_enable_aim_assist_for_mkb_on_pc/ And that's just from existing software. A dedicated script for Destiny 2 would be even better, and if aim-assist stays, cheating will run rampant.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                      Aim assist has no place in PvP on PC. The PvP will be an utter abortion unless it's removed. If they want to save themselves from a wave of refund requests, they know what to do.

Posting in language:

7 Replies
                      • As someone who owns an XIM4, I love being able to use a Mouse and Keyboard where it's not available. However, using it to gain an advantage over people where Mouse and Keyboard is supported, is appalling and I detest it. Bungie, please fix. Remove Aim Assist on PC. Sorry, it's got to go for PVP

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                        • LMAO!! All the cheating, lagging, dos attacks, nerfs, stupid weapon tunings, selling admission to the lighthouse and toxic attitude are thanks to trials and pvp. Destiny was left a smoldering wreck thanks to this crap, NO the biggest threat to Destiny 2 is trials and pvp!!

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                          • Aim assist needs to be disabled 100% in PVP. I couldn't care less about it in PVE. It has no place in PVP on PC.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Forexalised: 8/30/2017 10:54:27 PM
                            Not just XIM4, you don't even need to use one, all you need is a spoofer script which does the exact same thing. Aim assist needs to leave PC or the game will die because no one wants to play with/against cheaters.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                            You are not allowed to view this content.
                            ;
                            preload icon
                            preload icon
                            preload icon