JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

#feedback

Edited by ironBill: 7/19/2017 1:56:48 AM

Initial D2 feedback

First impression - this is a PvP beta. One strike is all PvE players get to try. Weapons - weaker. Strike boss was a bullet sponge. Ads kept coming. No mechanics, just run around the confined areas and shoot stuff. Power ammo drops were infrequent at best. In the time it took to run the strike I saw maybe one power crate drop. Supers - charge incredibly slow and they don't last long. I would say they are also weaker than D1 supers. In PvE it took a whole super's worth of dawnblade to bring down a yellowbar. In PvP it loaded just as the match was ending. What I see here is supers are tuned to give you one shot at it per PvP match, and they won't overpower a team. PvE gets what is left over after that adjustment. I am not pleased with what I saw. It's pretty, but initially it feels less than D1. As I'm not a huge PvP fan I don't see a lot here to hold my interest nor does what I see quell my fears this game is indeed built from the ground up around PvP. May be time to move on. Edit 1: Played some PvP tonight with my clan, a couple hours. Matches were mostly even, we won some, lost some, but it looks like it's not going to take long for the nerf cries to start. I'm not going to name the gun consistently dominating play, but one did quickly emerge. I did my usual mediocre play. I went with Titan striker, and though shoulder charge will not kill a full-health enemy, if they are nicked it will come close. I have to get used to the roaming nature of the super. In spite of forgetting about it being a multiple hit deal, I managed to wipe a team capping B. I think PvP players will adjust. I think those that stay will come to like it. But, as I said... I don't care for it. I ran a positive k/d, averaging 15 kills a match, but PvP in Destiny leaves me cold. That's just my opinion of course.
English
#feedback

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Personally I felt like I was playing a 343 Industries version of Destiny. I am being honest. It felt like I was playing a newer version of Halo wrapped in a Destiny character and environment.The weapon feel, sound and vibration felt more like another game, not like anything Destiny. The character movement, the jump....all of it just felt like it had no feel from anything I had been playing for nearly 3 years. I am sure that it can be compared to other games , but the original Destiny is not one of them. For me, there was something unique, something different about Destiny that felt so good despite the flaws that I came to accept. I don't need to play it anymore to formulate my opinion. Here is what this means for me. I will not finalize my preorder. I will wait until it is finished, find reviews that are similar to mine and follow their release review. I may rent it if there is some real sign it has changed from what it is now. I will continue to play the original Destiny until I find no more pleasure playing it. I guess it's "Thanks for giving it a shot Bungie, but I won't be following you on this one."

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

7 Replies
    • Cancelling pre-order.......(This is coming from a player who clocked in 3,450 in D1) I bought this game for PvE not PvP. The inverted spire strike... the boss...He was such a bullet sponge and not being able to equip a sniper and rocket launcher made it sooooo boring and long. I ran out of ammo on all weapons more than once. And the lack of supers because of extremely slow charge rate made it even more boring. Just imagine how the Raids are going to go..... I know it is just the beta but the weapon system is in place and is not going to change. Because for some reason Bungie has come to the conclusion that PvP is why people buy this game and there for all in game decisions will be made with that in mind at the expense of a fun and exciting PvE experience. I will re-evaluate my decision after release.

Posting in language:

• Edited by djpuk54: 7/20/2017 4:08:46 PM
      Having played the Beta on 2 characters so far (Warlock and Titan) both PVE and PVP, I found it to be not as much fun (I know it's limited content) as D1. The story mission was ok, some nice setpieces but ultimately not that imaginative. Just going through the motions. Supers charge way too slowly and after all that time are pretty weak and don't inflict as much damage as you'd expect. Disappointing! BIGGEST GRIPE OF ALL.... having special weapons in heavy slot. JUST NO! I want a sniper/shotgun while using my choice of primary and heavy. Call me non progressive but this change DID NOT NEED TO HAPPEN. 😈 The strike, imho, was boring, tedious, repetitive etc. Boss felt like when you fight a Taken Yellowbar in a special event in D1. What a bullet sponge, ran out of ammo every time! Although I did enjoy the drill scenario. Nice. Crucible was not fun at all. Just didn't 'feel it'. Weapons, especially primary, are so weak. Only one person getting heavy/power ammo each time is just wrong! The jump mechanics on every character just doesn't feel right at all. Warlock spends an agonisingly long time in the air. I'm not blown away. I hyped myself up, as I'm sure many others did but ultimately a little deflated is the best way I can describe how I feel. So main issues to me are.... 1. Weapon slots - primary, special and heavy should be as in D1. 2. Supers - Ridiculously slow charge rate and the pay off when full is disappointing to say the least. 3. Heavy ammo distribution in PVP is just wrong. Everyone should get a chance of heavy. 4. The graphics and animations seem to have a 'cartoony' look. Not sure if it's just me but it just does.

Posting in language:

• Played for about 4 hours yesterday and hate it for all the reasons that everyone else is listing. Why did they change the characters to almost a cartoon appearance and what's up with all the mechanical sounds when shooting weapons, jumping, etc. I didn't know my warlock was a robot..... I guess I will just stay with Destiny 1 until it dies.

Posting in language:

• Edited by brian the psion: 7/21/2017 4:41:54 PM
      The strike seemed to have things that hinted like it might have mechanics after the first phase the second arena looks like there might be some possible. The environmental mechanics that just aren't implemented in the base tier of the strikes which is something I have seen before in wow. The hobgoblins look like they might be key to possible heroic mechanics or are just remnants of mechanics. The weapons feel fine aside from feeling like some weapon types shouldn't be reliant on precision shots(smg/auto and sidearms kinda) Some weapons aren't designed for that kind of use. This part is just my personal view on weapons in D2 so feel free to disagree. The abilities in in pvp as far as I'm concerned if the CD on them is so long then they need a moderate damage buff. Grenades are SUPPOSED to be an extreme threat meant for killing and displacing groups of enemies they are not for dealing minor damage or set ups I find this to be a major issue. I like that abilities aren't constant spam but they need to be powerful to compensate for the lack of use they will get as right now they aren't worth even being used due to how weak they are. In pve abilities need to be much more plentiful as that is the whole draw to the game.... especially warlocks who are essentially supposed to be spell-caster types who rely on the space-magic in combat are now just ODST in robes that once every half an hour can use abilities.

Posting in language:

• Edited by SaltyJack591: 7/20/2017 12:17:23 PM
      I'm still waiting for the open beta but I talked to my sons that played and there is a problem with PvP. It's bad enough there is already a meta weapon that is better than the other guns but there's a larger problem. Teams have figured out 1 Titan for shield, 1 Warlock for heal, 1 warlock for damage buff and 1 Hunter GG for chain of woe for quick reloads is unbeatable. Now, it was bad enough going against teams as a solo in D1 when all they had was teamwork thru communication to get the upper hand but solo against this is probably going to be a slaughter house. I foresee a huge dropout rate in PvP coming, far worse than it ever was in D1.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
      • I launched a nova bomb about an hour ago. I think it's getting close to where the target was.

Posting in language:

15 Replies
          Appreciate the feedback. I'll pass it along when I compile together what players are saying. [quote]Power ammo drops were infrequent at best. In the time it took to run the strike I saw maybe one power crate drop.[/quote] This is something we agree with and will be adjusting before ship.

Posting in language:

174 Replies
          • Like Datto said IMPROVE AIM ASSIST TIGHTNESS!!! Gunplay definitely feels worse than destiny 1! And how the guns felt was one of the best things about destiny 1!

Posting in language:

• Edited by Pocketlock: 7/20/2017 4:23:23 PM
            i think the dawnblade needs to use less energy when attacking. i played as titan and hunter and their supers can easily wipe out groups of enemies and still have extra energy left over. but with the dawnblade i find it hard to get kills or generate orbs of light. because you only get like 7-8 swings and the dodge drains some super energy. then the AoE feels kinda small so i often miss shots. and it feels weak compared to the sentinel and arc strider. but the voidwalker is good. the charging grenades feature was a nice touch. but it doesn't have life steal anymore though. the sentinel can recover health with regular melee kills and super kills. i think the arc strider does too or it might have been only when arc striders melee was charged. but voidwalkers don't. i also noticed that titans and hunters can 1 hit melee enemies in pve. but the warlock has to melee like 2-3 times. either that or weaken enemies then melee. so warlocks feel very weak to me in D2. other than that it was a pretty good beta. expect for the lack of pve content and abilities take too long to charge.

Posting in language:

• Enjoying the 4x4. Prefer running solo, this gives me a chance to do my own thing wen I want n not get too overwhelmed. Though 6x6 should still be an option. Abilities charge too slowly-but we all know this-for both pvp n pve. All weapons feel pretty good-except for side arms, which are rubbish, n SMGs, which just feel like crappy autos.

Posting in language:

• Here's some "friendly" feedback: https://youtu.be/UuifXvPIE0E Warning, language. That said, I agree 100% with everything he said.

Posting in language:

5 Replies
            • Has anyone else noticed how slow your radar appears out of your aim down site?

Posting in language:

• Edited by jokefacekillah3: 7/20/2017 11:40:28 AM
              The gunplay and overall graphics is amazing. The only problem I have is the slow super regeneration, and the lack of damage the power weapons seem to put out. When I finally got Power ammo to drop, I used the sniper and it seems a little underwhelming for a power weapon. I think bungie should tweak the damage a little bit, not much, but a little bit more. I mean this for all power weapons, not just the sniper. That was an example. Other then that I am very pleased with what I saw so far. Don't forget, this is just a beta after all.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
              • I think something important to remember is that this gear is pretty bland. The armor has no perks. its possible that the supers/grenades/melee recharges will be affected by gear as it currently is in D1. Something i haven't seen anyone talk about either that i like are some of the new enemy mechanics. I like how some of the cabal will "get enraged" and pull out a sword and chase you. I REALLY like the new version of the psion psywave attack that launches you into the air. I think its just really nice little mechanic.

Posting in language:

• Game looks great can't wait. Only thing disliked about the beta wasnt enough PVE activity, could of threw in a patrol or something. But overall ready for the change and some new adventures! The Titan looks great as usual 😎, keep up the good work. A little disappointed in the hand canon and auto rifle. I know its early so I'm not too worried abou it right now. Also supers take too long to charge. Hunters got screwed again. Lost invisibility got a dodge, but everyone else had a shield or healing ability? Doesn't seem fair. Im not a hunter fan but the balance seems off lol. SUB to my youtube channel 😉 UKGTR GAMES

Posting in language:

• Been playing for two days now. Overall impressions: + Fantastic environments + Great gun feel + Nice with 4v4 for a change + Love the story mission + Amazing sounds + Even PvP games And some "cons": - I love using fusion rifles, but could not get the hang on the linear one. The sight is right on target but no damage. Strange. Same with the grenade launcher sometimes. Perhaps lag? - The connection in PvP was mostly good, but sometimes the target took no damage. I miss the green-yellow-red bar for connection quality. Then I could understand/avoid some players. - Hunter: the cooldown time for shadestep could be a little shorter...

Posting in language:

• [u]pvp[/u] -super is underwhelming due to very long regeneration time -ability regen time is way too long -ability strength is too weak -power ammo needs to spawn more +gun battles amazing +team firing makes teamwork a must [u]pve[/u] -[b]super and ability regen time is way too long, It almost makes them unviable. (Reduce cooldown time to make them more viable.)[/b] -power ammo drop rate is way too low +great story telling +fighting aliens is more intense

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                • I've only played the story mission and the strike. Graphics and sound are outstanding. The gameplay is fast but the characters move slower. I feel much slower with my Titan. I couldn't figure out how to make the small shield as his ability. The guns and supers don't seem to do much damage. Grenades and supers take a long time to charge. All of this is correctable. The thing that worries me is it feels just like D1. I hope there are some different elements to come to make it stand out. It feels like a very polished and pretty D1 so far.

Posting in language:

• Edited by slimdeathstar: 7/19/2017 8:16:09 PM
                  For PVE. I hope Bungie isn't following some other dev's model. "Slowing down gameplay, and making smaller maps in order to make content feel bigger." It would be like having a sparrow that runs slower so the map feels bigger. This strike is meh. Look!! It's a big minotaur. Fought this boss on endless steps. Fought 3 of this boss in Black garden. POE Overmind Minotaur. Fought this boss renamed Atheon. Now Fighting the same Boss with floor on fire, and auto fusion rifle. Destiny 2 is Destiny 1 nerfed. I'll still play it, but the sequel isn't as great.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                  • For me. A full grown adult.... (47yrs.OLD) It really feels and looks a little to cartoony for me. As a side note my wife. (Who plays NO games. but does enjoy watching people play them) for the first time in 15yrs is telling me to get a refund. Something is WRONG!

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                    • I am enjoying it. Story mission was good, and seems wemay finally get a villain with charcter. Not a huge fan of the strike itself. I am loving the new sound effects. Everything sounds unique and cool. Love that weapon perks make big differences. Just ashame there aren't more per gun. Love all the new visual effects, especially the particle stuff. Don't like that Sentinal can throw shield once only. Also don't like that the Titan class abilty shield doesn't block splas damage. I found super charge time fine in the strike. The Sentinal class second node also speeds up super charge tkme. Power weapons tried thjs far( grenade launcher & Fusion rifle) have been underwhelming power wise. Seems pretty solid overall. I will try out crucible today aswell as the Warlock class.

Posting in language:

• Not feeling it yet at all! D1 alpha & beta drew me in and had me excited to play it alot then disappointed eventually! This aint happened yet and it probably wont for D2 This beta is very brief and feels very pvp heavy & very off putting for PVE players with the changes imo , titan feels soo slow! The strike was ok a suppose! Hunters got fast and a spinny circle move :/ wtf is that shit!? While the others got good defense & heals and damage buffs I get the feeling bungie seen overwatch success & decided they want there 3 classes to be like that type of play! With a massive pvp push of balanced slow boring gunplay in tiny maps like overwatch! Just my view so far! Go bored after 3 hours!

Posting in language:

• I am personally very disappoint with the beta. The slow movement, weak abilities (grenades, three hit melee kills etc), weak primaries with longer TTK. There is many things that will contribute to me cancelling on this that can not really be "fixed". Such as the 4v4, team fire focused crucible. I have not yet dropped in a game without a 3 man fire team (at least) fighting me. I always play solo, so in D1 I played a lot of 6s. I feel the chaotic fast gameplay with a shorter TTK let me make more plays. I don't like the primary, primary, power weapon setup or the single person gets the power drop. I'm pretty sad about not liking the game tbh, I have been hyped all day to play it. It seems all the fun has been extracted from it for the benefit of a more competitive E sporty type of PvP. This is a social game after all though and although it isn't for me I hope others playing will enjoy it. After playing the game though, the thing I am now most disappointed about cancelling for is giving up my cayde 6 figure that I thought was pretty cool.

Posting in language:

7 Replies
                      • I've enjoed most of the Beta only things I like to see adjusted: Ability Cooldowns: Need to be sped up slightly, nothing crazy but they are a tad slow. Health Regen: Seems like it takes forever for health to regen in both PvE and PvP As far as ammo goes or the Strike boss goes I feel fine with those, the whole Strike takes 15 min to get through. The longest part of the Strike is all the runing. I've never had a problem with running out of ammo or the amount of damage being done.

Posting in language:

• Dear Bungie, Coming from a major fan of Destiny 1... Ability cooldown is ridiculous, we might as well not even have any abilities in this game. Without the abilities Destiny is just a bad cod/bf/titanfall. A really horrible version at that. Changing titan bubble to what is essentially purple hammer of sol and getting rid of self res for some floaty hammers... I mean wtf? Arguably the two most iconic supers of destiny gone for absolutely no reason. I do know a bubble can still be used but with no perks I might as well just go find a wall. Also changing arc blade with an actual blade to arc blade with a pole. How did anyone think these changes were improvements? 'Shadestep' on a 25 second cooldown??? Is that a joke? I hope so! So if nightstalkers do return there is absolutely no point in playing one, you'll get to throw a grenade smoke combo like twice a game...exaggerating a bit but only slightly. With essentially no abilities in the game it's just a very bland shooting game. A shooting game where guns like a sniper ( which is a standard weapon in shooting games) is deemed a heavy weapon so you aren't getting any ammo for that. Unless of course you just sit next to an ammo spawn point waiting on it coming in because that's obviously more fun. I could go on but it's getting a bit long. Destiny 2 pre-order is getting cancelled immediately. Destiny 1 is a far superior game and I can only hope that support for it remains. Sincerely, A very pissed off Destiny player.

Posting in language:

18 Replies
                        1 2 3 4 5 6 7
                        You are not allowed to view this content.
                        ;
                        preload icon
                        preload icon
                        preload icon