JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

2/25/2017 7:56:52 PM
Excerpt from something I put elsewhere: [b]The Issue: Accidental Nerfs to Sunbreaker, Striker, Defender, and Voidwalker[/b] Bungie's Response: They actually kept all the nerfs in place when they deployed the patch, and then decided to make many of them permanent. The Result: Several subclasses that didn't need to be weaker... are now weaker. Bottom Line: These nerfs were unintentional. There was no data suggesting that any of these four subclasses needed to be weaker, in or out of the Crucible. Given that you made them weaker accidentally, why keep the nerfs at all? Is this some sort of "we refuse to admit we screwed up so we're not fixing our mistakes" thing? I expect better of professionals. Recommended action: [b]Undo all unintended nerfs.[/b] [i]I'll spare you the rest, but if interested, it's in the Competitive subforum.[/i]
English

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• It's in the post; because there are less shotguns it's harder to shut down a super (shotgun/melee). They are making it more balanced and giving a chance to kill. The other blade dancer nerf was unnecessary but I can see the point of this one and the Shinobu's nerf. If you nerf hungering blade then really it makes sense to make cauterise and the others work the same way, for the same reasons. They are not saying they didn't make a mistake. Does any of that sound unreasonable?

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• The competitive high skill crew are a minority. If any blockbuster esq developer tailors a game to them specifically money is lost. Expect average skill to have a greater impact on gameplay balance then the ubergamer.

Posting in language:

• Edited by TheShadow: 3/3/2017 4:18:49 AM
    [quote]Bottom Line: These nerfs were unintentional. There was no data suggesting that any of these four subclasses needed to be weaker, in or out of the Crucible. Given that you made them weaker accidentally, why keep the nerfs at all? Is this some sort of "we refuse to admit we screwed up so we're not fixing our mistakes" thing? I expect better of professionals.[/quote] Deliberate poor actions are not called "mistakes" ...and yes, most of the changes will stay because they want to act like nothing is wrong with the patch. What Bungie is saying is, who give a flying hoot what our fanbase says. We know whats good for them and we will force them to like it.

Posting in language:

• Doesn't make sense, though. They admitted they were slipping Bladedancer and Stormcaller the shaft. Why not admit the same about the other classes they nerfed?

Posting in language:

• Bungie is testing gamers, it's messed up but it's the truth. There was no excuse for Bungie's actions knowing this took 6 months if I'm correct and they didn't even attempt to correct it. That alone shows how it was deliberately done. What gaming company would have pulled this nonsense that actually gives a flying hoot about their fanbase? A lot of this most likely has to do with the next update and Bungie needs to stretch content out until "D2" They did it to Ttk for an entire year so now they are hitting ROI. They have nothing more to offer in D1 so nerfing most everything this last couple years is to make D2 like y1. This also showed Bungie how far they can push gamers and most will except it and act like this is normal which in fact it is not.

Posting in language:

• whatever happened to "if it ain't broke don't fix it" if bungie followed this philosophy they would have a lot less backlash

Posting in language:

• Ain't that the truth. Part of admitting your mistakes involves being willing to rectify them.

Posting in language:

• There was no data also for all of the ridiculous blade nerfs.

Posting in language:

• Yeah they dropped the ball and are halfway backpedaling. Sucks because this used to be a good developer.

Posting in language:

• Oh no! The nerfs were "unintentional" is not going to cut it. Health regen wasn't broken. So what the hell was Bungie doing other than deliberately screw around with something that wasn't broken. This patch was a set up and later to try to justify it by adding a couple hand me down carrots? Lol

Posting in language:

Sad as it is I bet these were intentional, just another wave of Ninja nerfs and tweaks. Auto Rifles- 0.04% Never forget. but seriously, these sort of things occur way to often for it to be simply overlooked, I really think the sandbox team is just trying to make these changes without angering the community, since the community is so volatile.

Posting in language:

• Actually it's more like a: "These changes were intentional, but we're gonna pretend like it was an accident because we don't want a bigger sh!tstorm than we already have" type of thing. If the changes were truly unintentional, they would have fixed them as soon as possible. None of this "let's see how this works out" crap. Also, I find it funny how Bungie can "accidently" nerf all the health regen perks; and then fix half of them while changing the other half. You would also think that, seeing as Bungie had 4 months to work on their patch, they would have caught something like this and prevented it from happening.

Posting in language:

• Sadly, you have a point.

Posting in language:

• Just. Give. Up. Move on. Jump into Wildlands beta this weekend, free and oh sweet talos the most fun in a coop open world game I've had since gta. Then in a few weeks Mass Effect Andromeda drops with new everything and the best multiplayer coop horde mode with it. There is nothing redeeming about this game right now, and same with D2. I really hope people learned their lesson and at least wait until after release before even thinking about buying it.

Posting in language:

• Nailed it.

Posting in language:

• Hasn't downloaded yet.

Posting in language:

• Make sure you play with friends. It's fun but a lot less exciting solo.

Posting in language:

• Fun game. Not sure I'm dropping 65 clams for it though.

Posting in language:

• I'm not, it was fun with friends but not worth going through the grocery list of side quests and exploring for no real reward. All i'm waiting for now is Mass Effect Andromeda. And then that game, plus the best coop multiplayer i've ever played, upgraded for next gen. Now that is worth every last dollar of the $90 i spent on the digital version.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon