JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny

Discuss all things Destiny.
Edited by Cozmo: 11/7/2016 11:18:30 PM
Cozmo

Upcoming changes to Silver Dust go live 11/8/2016

[i]Edit: These changes will go live with tomorrow's patch. The patch will be available at 9:30am PST. [/i] There has been some great feedback about the Silver Dust Economy. Here is a preview of what is coming. [quote]Some changes are coming to Eververse and you'll see these begin to roll out in small steps, beginning with an upcoming patch. We are currently working on several changes to the Silver Dust economy to improve the player experience. We want to ensure that players who are completing Rise of Iron’s pinnacle challenges feel rewarded for their success. With this patch Trials, Wrath of the Machine, and Iron Lord Armor Ornaments will no longer require Silver Dust to apply. The Silver Dust requirement for applying Exotic Weapon Ornaments will remain, as the Silver Dust required for application is provided by the Radiant Treasure box. Year 1 and Year 2 Iron Banner armor found in Dusty Iron Engrams and on activity completion of Iron Banner matches was incorrectly dismantling into Legendary Marks. With the patch, these items, when dismantled, will now yield 1 Silver Dust. These changes are being made to promote a positive player experience as well as accommodate future changes and balances to the Eververse and Silver Dust economy which we will reveal in our winter release.[/quote]
English
#Destiny

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• I cant wait to spend my money on this stuff. Not because I really like anything they sell but just because I love the salty taste of tears.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Will this dust fix make Thorn great again! Will the guardians ever rebuild the wall to keep the " aliens" out?

Posting in language:

• Edited by THE KING ETERNAL: 11/8/2016 2:30:59 PM
    How about you guys push a patch that's actually worth a damn. Why is it that we have to wait so long to get things fixed in this game? I tell you this Bungie as I know you guys work with Activision I'm sure you saw how their new Call of Duty infinite warfare failed in sales after customers told them to stop making that futuristic crap and go back to their roots. I suggest you guys learn from their mistake and start acting like you care about fixing issues with the game more quickly and stop the nerfing everything. Side note fire John nonwisenerfski he's terrible at his job.

Posting in language:

• Edited by DynamixMLG: 11/8/2016 2:29:16 PM
    So instead of fixing the amount of dust earned and cost needed to buy ornaments from xur, ya'll do this.

Posting in language:

• What about them freekin legendary weapon engrams not decrypting in ROI weapons .....

Posting in language:

4 Replies
    • Wow... you Bungo employees really need to go back to skool and take some English comprehension classes because... I'm pretty sure that you failed. Maybe it's the whole tech/geek thing that you have going on, but I find nothing that hard to comprehend about what the player base wants. If you guys hired Cosmopolitan to explain what we would like to see, it's time to send him back to Reddit where he shines.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
      • Right, because THAT'S the main issue encompassing Destiny right now. Yes, it's an issue, but not a very imperative one. How about RNG which includes 3oC, Nightfall Drops (no more 3oC or Strange Coins), and Skeleton Key drop rate. Weapon tuning can come later. But, by the time any of the real issues are addressed and fixed, D2 will have already been out. PvP/Connectivity NEEDS to be fixed though.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • I hope Student of History will get fixed …

Posting in language:

• [quote]There has been some great feedback about the Silver Dust Economy.[/quote] Even with these changes - it remains in the game.. [quote]These changes are being made to promote a positive player experience as well as accommodate future changes and balances to the Eververse and Silver Dust economy which we will reveal in our winter release.[/quote] Why do I have feeling that SRL is going to expand the push for Eververse even more than FotL did?

Posting in language:

3 Replies
          • Dumb

Posting in language:

• Edited by kbezybmf1: 11/8/2016 1:07:40 PM
            With every micro transaction based update I get further away from wanting to stick around for d2 due to all the other issues that need to be addressed well before transient ones. A side note for you bungie guys, take the following as constructive criticism. I made a conscious decision about 5 years ago that I would never again work for a publicly traded corporation after 15 years. I was surprised and refreshed that I could still operate at the level I'm used to for a private co, as customers relationships, fresh ideas, and quality of work still do matter. From what Ive viewed over the last 3 years the "bung/acti" business model from the top down must be a suffocating environment, where issues do not get addressed and things implode from the inside out. If you want to make transactions work "although I find not selling a full game to begin with a problem", start by selling what is being asked for and quality is still important. Know your audience, have some corporate ethics, forget the board room and you will make tons of money...... On a positive note can't wait for ib, rio was way better than kf, at least from me. Seemed like the right direction.

Posting in language:

• remove sbmm remove ghost bullets (on every weapon) give us dedicated servers fix weapon fix your rng system give us every three month new content (pve+pvp) THEN ask for our money Thanks Bungie.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
            • Money grubbin Activision.

Posting in language:

• Lmao silver dust lol. Cmon man. How about HC fix, or sbmm fix. Jesus man bungie you guys sometimes.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
              • Paying money for a chance at loot is not why I bough this game.

Posting in language:

in the future can we get days of iron ornaments from iron banner?

Posting in language:

• So are we atleast getting back all the silver dust we have already used for the armor ornaments? I mean. That would be fair towards us, or do you guys don't care about that?

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                • What about those people who've already used silver dust to apply wrath of the machine, Trials, etc ornaments. Will there be any sort of refund of the silver dust?

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                  • Edited by Silent: 11/7/2016 11:32:39 PM
                    I'm so glad that you're focussing on the issues that aren't even issues.

Posting in language:

11 Replies
                    • How bout you take your silver RNG dust and shove it up your asses

Posting in language:

11 Replies
                      • TL DR We know you guys hate this Eververse shit, so we're changing it, but not till winter... oh and we're not telling you what's changing either. ... -blam!- you Bungie

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                        • Oh, thanks for taking prompt action and addressing this critical issue. Meanwhile PvE is dead, Challenge mode is a joke, and Crucible continues a downward spiral to the 7th level of hell.

Posting in language:

• Silver dust. ..cause THAT'S what is plaguing the player experience. Silver -blam!-ing dust...

Posting in language:

• I guess this is based on lack interest shown by the players to spend real money on cosmetic crap. Way to go bungo!

Posting in language:

• Sorry you have to take on all this as a community manager, as if youre the one slaving away at every weapon tune and overarching game design philosophy for destiny lmao. Thanks for the heads up on dust I guess but if truly about player happiness I would relay back that theres more pressing things we care about the most have mentioned already

Posting in language:

• Oh wow, so you are willing to fix anything related to you making more money, but not the truckload of things players have been begging to be fixed? You want to make money off the microtransactions, fine. Drop the RNG crap, I for 1 will buy cosmetics, if they appeal to me. Next, start putting half that money towards more servers. Then you can get a team dedicated to actually fixing some of the real problems in this game, which we obviously love! You do this, you will make more money. Then ya'll can go back to your cocaine & stripper parties. [spoiler]Somebody get their dealer on the phone & have him cut them off until they get things done![/spoiler]

Posting in language:

35 Replies
                          2 3 4 5 6 7 8
                          You are not allowed to view this content.
                          ;
                          preload icon
                          preload icon
                          preload icon