JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny

Discuss all things Destiny.
Edited by SpitfireAnarchy: 4/3/2016 7:02:33 AM

So Glad I Left

When I made the original post, I admit I was a bit salty and definitely used language, and phrases that were entirely unnecessary. Back when I played destiny every day for 4-5 hours a day, I posted on the forums every so often. I think at the most, I got like 4 replies. Never expected this much uproar about my post. Honestly? I figured maybe one person would open it, see how long it was, and not read it. It was more of a letter to yourself type deal. However since I did post it, I should've been more cautious and laid out my point in a non-salty/dickish manner. I sincerely apologize for the language, and rude remarks I made in the original post. It's posts like that which always made me mad browsing the forums when I played way way more than just a crucible match a month or whatever. This is the very bottom line, the point I was trying to make in the original post. A person who replied, mentioned how Bungie listens to their players. I used to LOVE that game, hell my actual gamertag was inspired by it(obviously). For the time being, I won't be returning to destiny any time soon. I find it repetitive, monotonous, and there is little individuality. Shaders and ships just aren't enough for me. Bungie listens to their players right? Alright, well, Bungie, I would love to see some more individuality, destiny. I understand it's a console game, and they can only do so much, but I'm not taking about anything crazy. Do I have any ideas on how to implement this? No, I honestly don't, but maybe one day it'll happen, and I may just return to playing frequently. Moral of this edit, is that I wasn't seeking attention, nor was I trying to offend or put anyone down. Trust me, I love getting awesome stuff the easy way, but after I have it, it's like "Now what am I supposed to do?" Ya know? I love the game, but for right now it just isn't for me. If you love destiny, and have the will to play quite a bit, I'm genuinely happy for you. There aren't many other games I'd recommend dedicating yourself to. At least not for the console. It's a fun game, but for me the gone for now from it. Anyways, hope everyone has a nice night.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Da fuk!

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Looks like it took you five months to write that essay so time well spent

Posting in language:

1 Reply
    • WoW=pc Destiny=consol The vast majority but not all of consol gamers will buy a game play it for a little while then move on to the next big tittle. So destiny makes it possible to with granted little effort get the best gear faster than PC mmos because people don't always want to spend the most of there teenage years trying to grind to get to that's stage. [spoiler]genuine opinion not trying to be a dick[/spoiler]

Posting in language:

5 Replies
      • Edited by TheTommieC: 4/3/2016 6:48:25 AM
        All I read, "So glad I quit 5 months ago." -but feels the need to post on the #Destiny forums. [spoiler]#AnotherOneOfThose[/spoiler] [spoiler]These people have a forum problem that they can't let go of.[/spoiler] [spoiler]#IHaveASpoilerHashtagProblem[/spoiler] You quit awhile ago, but find yourself back on the forums 5 months later? To judge a game based off what you read in a forum or random articles about speculations online? To test judgements is to play the content. Make your own judgements. If you don't like it then, move on to bigger and better things. You know, like the next "best game" or the next "best forum." [spoiler]#ImStillMakingSpoilerHastags[/spoiler]

Posting in language:

• Don't read what's posted most wrong can only re-roll color on the armor watch the stream if your interested get facts then come back with the I don't play and pat me on the back I was right post !

Posting in language:

• You mean the WoW player was really lucky. Same with every other loot based game. It takes luck to get a good drop.

Posting in language:

• I'm glad you left too

Posting in language:

• You played at the end of February -blam!-o. Leave for real this time.

Posting in language:

• Just füçk off. No one needs to hear your bullshit about leaving the game. Leave the game, no one -blam!-ing cares just don't go around telling people about it. People like you really piss me off. I'm not desticle but I don't need a forum post from everyone that quits the game saying how the game is dead and his they're glad they quit. Keep that shit to yourself.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • The grind is the game. If u don't like grinding, then it ain't the game for u :)

Posting in language:

1 Reply
          • Lol your so right Destiny is a joke how easy it is to "become legend" I could carry a brand new out of the box Destiny player up to 310 light within a week. I miss the original grind this game had...but I find pvp too enjoyable to stop playing. I can only hope they learn from mistakes for Destiny 2.

Posting in language:

• But you're still here...

Posting in language:

• Such salt. Look, nothing in games really requires "skill" per say. Raiding requires experience, as does pvp. Yes some are more adept at it than others, which we could call skill, but all things in video games are always a factor of experience and dedication. Honestly though, one could easily get full 280 gear by doing enough heroics. Grinding is present everywhere. Lastly, Halo and Destiny are totally different games and thus gearing models do not apply.

Posting in language:

• You haven't quit anything, you're still here.

Posting in language:

• Edited by CrudeDude: 4/2/2016 6:48:01 PM
            You just dissed their girl. Be ready for a fight

Posting in language:

• Damn the desticles bit hard, it's like they can't take any criticism!

Posting in language:

• 1st off all dont compare destiny gamers to world of warcraft gamers...the difference is that WoW players have no life and put a LOT of effort in playing the game and getting the best gear.....destiny players are people who go to work ,hang out with friends, or go to school.....they have something called a LIFE! so that whole comparing thing you got going on? Flush it already! (Not to be a dick or something buddy this is also my own opinion) Also ik can understand bungie all they're doing is LISTEN to their gamers....now how many companies do you know that actually read whats going on in gaming community's? Its all about money dont get me wrong but at LEAST bungie provides a good service:"we're listning to you" just like they did in Halo....again not being a dick, but quit beeing a pussy! There's worse thing to think about then who gets what in a computergame.....

Posting in language:

4 Replies
            • You played in February, January, & December. How is that 5 months? Also you should read the update again. If you see someone at max level with the new gear in destiny, you can still respect their effort.

Posting in language:

• 'I miss WoW. In WoW, when I saw someone with a really high ilvl, I truly respected that person. I knew how hard he worked, and knew he was a top tier player' You do realise you're talking about a video game? In touch with reality much?

Posting in language:

6 Replies
              • I felt the same but that y I play pvp

Posting in language:

• SoIForgedTitan: Man, it's been 5 months since I quit Destiny. Maybe I should get on the forums and tell everyone about it! I'm sure they all care! Ooohhh man, image all the attention I will get!

Posting in language:

• 5 months! Lol

Posting in language:

11 Replies
                • But yet you're here. So you really haven't left

Posting in language:

• -blam!-ing idiot

Posting in language:

• I still play WoW. There is so much variety i keep coming back for something different each time around. Even playing through all the zones 11 times to 100 never bored me.

Posting in language:

• [quote]I'm so glad I quit playing 5 months ago.[/quote] Played on Feb. 20th

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                ;
                preload icon
                preload icon
                preload icon