JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

originally posted in:BungieNetPlatform
originally posted in: Clan Interrogation via API
3/15/2016 11:06:12 PM
Hmm, if I may, what is the membershipId of the known admin member? That will allow me to investigate their status a bit further.
English

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Here they are: 9188908 9085937 2077597 2295721

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Thank you sir!

Posting in language:

• Ah, now I see what's happening - so, the Group Member call will get you the right data, and I was able to confirm that was the case. The wrinkle in this is the janky way Clans work and are related to Groups right now. The Clans call is the one that won't return memberType... and the reason for this is that, for now, memberType isn't actually meaningful in clans except for Founder and Members. Admins of the Group are also admins of the Clan features of that group, but are not themselves in an Administrative role in the Clan. Clans right now are this pseudo-feature of a group that, over time, we have bolted group-like features and endpoint similarities onto. The good news is that this is all going to be cleared up sometime in the next few months, and these services (and the distinctions between Clan and Group) are going to be made infinitely easier both for you and for us. Clans and Groups will have much clearer distinctions, and a lot of the inconsistencies in the API that come from the current Group/Clan relationship will go away and be replaced by something I think everyone will enjoy thoroughly. The bad news is that it is still in flux, and it's not yet stabilized enough for me to go into details here, and it is likely going to involve a whole new set of endpoints for Groups and the deprecation of all existing Group endpoints among other large-scale changes. I'll try to give a better overview when it is ready for prime time and the design has settled. For now, know that if you want the real settings on Founder/Admin/Member status, you have to query the group and not the Clan. And know that this will get better soon(tm).

Posting in language:

• Very cool and that you for explaining out the differences! thankfully, I'm making this as modular as possible to be ready for the update! I can't wait for all the new 2.2 stuff and am staying tuned.

Posting in language:

• Excellent! I apologize in advance for the turmoil that is incoming in future releases with Groups - but when it's all done, it will be so much better for everyone. #worthit

Posting in language:

• I ended up pulling the group admins and merging that with the clan membership endpoints. Seems to be working. Can't wait for the new stuff to arrive!

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon