JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

2/24/2016 8:22:03 PM
You shouldn't have to play only against people who achieved the lighthouse if you've already been there. This basically makes it completely easier for people to get to the lighthouse which is a goal that is only supposed to be achieved by skill not matchmaking. I tried to say this as clear and as nice as I could
English

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• The problem with how the current system works is that basicly no one new goes to the lighthouse and theres very little room for improvement. Example, a 5-0 team faces a 5-2 theyre knocked out only halfway and get discouraged and its not very rewarding for the 5-0 team as it was a walk in the park for them

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• I understand losing your card is discouraging but I've lost my card a lot of times as well. You have to earn your way even if you have to start over time and time again. I realize how long it takes sometimes but trials isn't meant to be easy for everyone. It's meant to be competitive

Posting in language:

• And the main problem is "its not suppose to be easy for anyone". When people who go to the lighthouse everyweek go up against struggling players the match is made easy for them, it takes the challenge part away from the game. Tbh i domt so much agree with the whole 2 tier idea myself, but i would like to see losses be comsidered while in trials as of now only wins are looked at. So, teams with 2 loses no longer go against flawless teams, a struggling team on a win streak still gets a proper challenge and elites go against elites and everyone is satisfied.

Posting in language:

• Well if you are going to play trials for a flawless run you need to be at least decent otherwise it's extremely hard. I've carried people to the lighthouse before and it took a couple of tries. Trials isn't for everyone it's meant to be for those who put in time to get better and analyze what they're doing wrong and to correct it

Posting in language:

• In this current meta if you arent sniping you're playing wrong. Now i agree with you 100% it shouldnt be easy and it definitely isnt for everyone. However another nagging problem is trials and raids are the only end game feature. Some of us cant get a full 6 man team or dont have the time for raids because of school or work so that leaves us with no other option but trials

Posting in language:

• You're right with that point. This is where I think matchmaking should at least be optional for those things. Or maybe try LFG or destiny groups to find people. Normally though those people have outrageous requirements so that doesn't work all the time

Posting in language:

• Good we can see eye to eye on something, its nice seeing mature people on the forums. So what would u suggest to fix some of the issues?

Posting in language:

• If you go flawless you should either be done with trials or at least go up against people that have already gone flawless as well. But if that happened then Bungie would have to revise how you get the scarab heart emblem

Posting in language:

• That honestly sounds great, and would it reset every week? Or would u stay against others who had gone flawless

Posting in language:

• No, after you've gone flawless if you wanted to keep playing on the card you should play against players who also went flawless that week and have kept playing.

Posting in language:

• Edited by BlingD45: 2/25/2016 7:41:45 AM
    Thank you for being mature with your comment. I have edited the forum to include a second option. What is your opinion?

Posting in language:

• If they did implement this wouldn't it eventually have a majority of players in the second tier anyways? I personally do not thrive in trials so maybe I'm biased but without the elites playing against scrubs a majority would get a chance to at least see the lighthouse before having to have our heads stomped in again by the big dogs. I went twice in year two and I remember the first time I landed how cool it was being able to explore a new area. I for one would like more people to have that opportunity.

Posting in language:

• I think this could result in a lot of twitch hours of some epic battles.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon