JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

originally posted in: Why do n00bs quit at the sisters?
2/15/2016 4:27:05 PM
Most are afraid of Platforming and having to be the dependant rather then depend on. I used to hate and fear been chosen. But after alot of practice and having a great group of friends who allowed me to practice, it's more fun for me to jump and slam the daughters. But I know most get seriously, an I mean seriously nervous under that kind of pressure. ESPECIALLY during the daughters 2nd runners run. Most get super confused and that builds up alot of pressure to the point where they can't focus and refuse to do it. I know how they feel, I felt that pressure, I after a couple of times even panicked and slammed the wrong daughter (no pun intended) but yeah I had so much pressure that I ended up pretending to leave. Even though I was already a decent runner, it's the pressure the teammates give that really screw people over. For some the Daughters can be alot harder then Golgoroth, WarPriest and Oryx. Mainly because of pressuring teammates. So it's actually not the ones who leave, it's the ones pressuring and pushing them to the point where they fear been judged and humiliated. I for one felt that pressure, which is why I made some buddies to get some practice in, now I am one of the guys who wants to be runner, an is bored sitting down on a plate or killing the major centurion. Try take it easy on the ones who have no practice time on the daughters, it does get nerve wrecking and it does feel awful been judged then humiliated when you pressure people who have not had any practice or time to practice on the daughters. I for one, got the taken king in November, an I was pretty new to the raid, an it was hell for me to do the daughters, I even went as far to only to the challenges only because I had no practice with the daughters. For me I got practice, I love facing the daughters, they are easy, but I know most have zero practice with them, an I know it's nerve hell wrecking to feel and hear people criticize and make fun of you when you never had any time to practice with the platform and slam. It's easy for us, but just try imagine feeling pressure and been made fun off for something you don't get any time to practice on.
English

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Good points. The excessive sighing is what bother see more than criticism by some in the raids. I know what you mean by the pressure , I will give it a go but if too many complain at me failing then I just bow out. I play to have fun or help no be pressured .

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Please post more rational shit like this, forum needs it!

Posting in language:

• Well it is true. Everyone says it's easy... But new people to the raid do not know that at all. Rather then criticize and humiliate someone for missing a platform or not knowing to slam a sister, which alot of people do to others. People could easily take 2 mins out of their time to EXPLAIN and show them what to do. Which is what I do, I always ask, who here has not faced daughters or does not know how to do it. I always tell them, counter clock wise, always counter clock wise from the aura/relic. If you don't get chosen, watch how "so and so" does it, grab the relic/aura, slam the sister, jump here or up top. And just shoot her in the head, that's all it takes. People tend to criticize and humiliate the players which makes them nervous to attempt to face the daughters and then they most likely just leave and don't want to face them. I see it happen all the time, I just try tell them, counter clock wise, slam the sister that is not red with the aura, jump back down to mid platform and we will all shoot her together, if you can't remember, then I will remind you, whoever is torn follow me to plate 1 and run and jump counter clock wise. It's so simple... People think it's fine to mock and humiliate someone who has had zero experience against them. It is easy, it's also really easy to give them a quick little guide on what to do, show them and tell them. So simple, I hate people who criticize others for that. I would leave if I already seen an asshole posing his teammates off against totems, priest and Golgoroth, I would not want any part of that against daughters also with an ass wipe of a teammate.

Posting in language:

• Sisters are the easiest it takes 3 mins

Posting in language:

• But to have teammates pressure you and make fun of you because you don't know it has to a counter clock wise run. Or know to slam the sister on the left? Or that the 2nd sister will slam/push you away.... You see people who don't have alot of experience in the -blam!-ing raid don't know that. It took me like 8 or so raids to finally figure that all out. I don't give one -blam!- if it takes 3 mins to finish. New people who don't have experience in the raid don't know that.

Posting in language:

• I play with randoms all the time it rare that someone doesnt know what to do. If they dont will guid them through and it usuall goes well

Posting in language:

• See people don't do that. I large majority of the community just mocks and humiliates people who don't do the raid everyone else does. I always ask If anyone is new or if they have issues with the raid. Even some have problems with old raids also. All I am saying, cut the shit, quit taking shit out on randoms, quit saying its easy and expect them to know its easy.... People leave raids on purpose because they do not want to do it, mainly because they have had no guidance or any tips on what to do....

Posting in language:

• I only do the hard raids so i dont come accross people not knowing what to do. If there in normal and they dont know that fine but hard mode is not the place to go in blinded

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon