JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

Edited by MoonLogic: 10/17/2015 4:55:05 AM
I seem to recall the exact same drop rates for gear from VoG and Crota. In all honesty, it drops more frequently now than it did then. Perhaps it is the light levels throwing you off? Don't get me wrong, the primaries pale in comparison to the weapons you get from PVP vendors, but prior to year two you only got primaries from hard mode. I think hard mode primaries in year two will shine. VoG and Crota got boring. Fast. I got lucky and got full armor sets in 2-3 runs. There really wasn't any reason to raid after that. My favorite primaries were exotics. Hawkmoon, to be specific. Now, I can get a full set, but have a chance to get better light. It makes raiding more worthwhile. My warlock has most the weapons and full armor. However, when my PSN friends ask if I want to raid, I say "heck yes!", because I can still get better light. It gives the raid longer life and more playability. No offense, but if you want quick gearing and weapons that don't become obsolete (and you feel entitled with no patience), there are games like Halo and Battlefield.
English

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• It is a 1-3 hour slot machine. I think that is what is so frustrating. I have done the raid 5 times now, and more often than not I get gear lower than I have. That is a huge waste of time. It should guarantee equal or better level gear. Simple, and worthwhile each time. Getting that 300 AR.... Absolutely not fun gaming. Getting 2 moldering shards.... Rage inducing. Especially after coaching 1 or more raid noobs each time.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon