JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny

Discuss all things Destiny.
10/14/2015 10:29:10 AM

Are you getting enough Strange Coins?

Normally by Tuesday night I would have at least 30 to 40 Strange Coins and would end up with at least 100 when Xur arrived. So far I have 19. At this pace I will not be able to afford anything that he sells. I know they said they were going to Nerf them, but they sure did not say why! Anyone else in the same boat? I guess I just do not understand why they cannot just leave things alone. I know they made less Exotics this time and they are trying to spread them out, but damn.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Yeah, strange coins are definitely harder to come by these days bungie. At least put them back in the heroic strikes some how. It doesn't have to be every single heroic but, something like 7 coins every 3rd strike you complete. I've been grinding my tail off and when xur gets here Friday...nothing...nothing to show for it. Hell I couldn't even buy an exotic engram by the time xur gets here. Like the saying goes on Monday night football... BUNGIE...C'MON MAN

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• I had 17 last night. Did the daily stuff, crucible, heroic mission, all bounties. Still have 17.

Posting in language:

• Like i can only get about 30 in a week. They should either make them easier to get or let us buy them from tess. Because honestly buying them from her wouldnt break the game or make it any worse they are just strange coins. The only reason i need them is to but armor engrams from xur to get 310s to infuse

Posting in language:

• I'm drowning in them. I have 98 from just this week

Posting in language:

• You could just do what I'm doing and [i]not[/i] buy anything from Xur. In Year One I used to rush for Xur and see what he had and, while that is all well and good, when TTK came out I decided that I want to try and extend the content for as long as possible. Relying on Xur to bring you the good stuff all the time not only makes you rely on him but it's also not fun to get everything really fast, or is that just me? I have well over 500 Strange Coins but I haven't spent a single one since the beginning of September, not even for those Three of Coin things. I know that RNG is fickle and I'm probably shooting myself in the foot but I want to at least try and get the new things through RNG rather than hoping Xur will let me off easy.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
    • Bought 50 coins on Xúr, leaving 200 strange coin. Today I got it back up to 272 coins. :/

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
    ;
    preload icon
    preload icon
    preload icon