JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Help

Help us help you.
4/4/2015 2:59:02 PM

Thorn Bounty

Whats the best way to complete the crucible part of this bounty? I been stuck for a while because im terrible at PvP. And is there a way to give it to another character like my titan?

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

• Edited by Chrisbobomb: 4/8/2015 7:24:15 PM
    Hiya! This step of the bounty requires you to use void to deal damage. Warlocks with [i]Voidwalker[/i] and Titans with [i]Defender[/i] sub classes active shine the greatest on this step since these sub classes are based around void abilities. But you don't have to limit yourself to just that. Try to equip and use as many void weapons as you can. A lot of maps are close-ranged, so they're quite shotgun and fusion rifle friendly. Play smart! Sometimes staying back and letting your group of team members capture a flag is a better idea than running head first into a wall of enemies! This step won't complete itself in 5 seconds, so you are going to need to devote some time and effort into this, but eventually, you'll finish and be ready to move on to the next step! It took me about 4 days on this step alone (All I had was a blue (rare) void shotgun back then)! Good luck and hope I helped! :)

Posting in language:

Cancel Edit Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Create Fireteam Post

2 Replies
    • if you have some friends go into a clash game with them (only 3 in the fireteam alowed) and take a void weapon, then get them to stand still while you kill them with a void weapon.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
      • Edited by ForzaDelDestino: 4/18/2015 12:01:33 AM
        Hi, Sly gave a fantastic answer below so, rather than repeat everything she said, I'll just offer a few further thoughts. If you're not a confident PvP player your best bet is to play control, run with a team and play support. For the most part you should stay behind the first line of your team and prey on enemies trying to cap your points. Many maps favour close quarters gun play, but you can also have a lot of success hanging back and sniping - especially if you work with your team. Whatever your load-out, don't try and go it alone - running with your team will really help keep your KD up. Because of the way the crucible normalises damage, you can complete this with just about any weapon (like Sly, I got mine ages ago with just a random blue sniper and fusion rifle) but there are some guns that will make the job a little easier. You may already have a random void roll on something like Longbow or Plug One which are fantastic but, if not, there are plenty of easily-obtained alternatives that can really help: The shotguns Swordbreaker from Crota's End, and Two to the Morgue from the Crucible Vendor are both truly brilliant. Swordbreaker is probably the easier to use as its higher rate of fire makes it more forgiving, but TttM hits harder. The VOG sniper Praedyth's Revenge is extremely user-friendly - even to novice snipers - due to its incredible stability and the very low-zoom Ambush scope. The VOG machine gun Corrective Measure is a brilliant option for your heavy weapon as it's very easy to handle, has a great scope on it, and the first and third row perks give you some great customisation options. And finally the Valedictorian from the Crucible vendor is a complete gift if you prefer a void rocket launcher in your heavy slot (and aren't lucky enough to have Truth). Proximity detonation is one of the best PvP perks and will net you a lot of easy kills. There are also currently two Void primary weapons in the game - Atheon's Epilogue (VOG Auto Rifle) and Word of Crota (CE Hand Canon). Unfortunately neither are ideally suited for PvP but they should help you a little if you can get your hands on one or other. Also, remember that Void ability kills also count towards your total - so Voidwalker's and Defender grenades and melee, and Voidwalker's Nova Bomb can all help substantially. Hope this helps!

Posting in language:

• Need help with thorn bounty before xur leaves PS3 add same name.

Posting in language:

• Edited by thenextgrimemc : 4/17/2015 11:17:02 PM
        Need help on this part anyone up for helping ps4

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • Want to get a double skirmish going. Get three more and max each other's bounties out. I don't care what you think. I hate the crucible with a passion, but want this weapon! Xbox one. GT: PanzersUnleash

Posting in language:

• Just camp with a void weapon and there is no way of transferring bounties.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
          • I, too, suck at PvP. I used Word of Crota and Truth. Go into Control or Salvage. Do not capture objectives. Camp near the objective and pick people off as they come in. Pick up heavy ammo when it drops. Also, waiting until Iron Banner returns will help, too, since the best PvP players all do Iron Banner and regular crucible become a little easier.

Posting in language:

• You just have to tough it out.

Posting in language:

• Dude, I'm stuck with this thorn bounty but I suck in crucible. I'll help you out if you help me. Add me and we'll find others to stand and do nothing. Psn Magooboalak

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
          ;
          preload icon
          preload icon
          preload icon