JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

#feedback

Edited by DeeJ: 2/27/2015 10:22:01 PM

Newsk Weapon Dev- Necrochasm?

Question for the weapon balance dev. Many think the Necrochasm is under powered considering how hard it can be to get. Is everyone using it wrong? Will it get a buff? Please let us know your thoughts. #feedback #openhouse
English
#feedback

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

We are definitely aware of the feedback coming in about the Necrochasm. No, you're not using it wrong. :) The weapon is performing as designed. Fictionally I love the weapon, and as an exotic gun I believe it definitely achieved our goal of being a unique item unlike anything else in the game. However, I do agree that competitively it is not as strong as Mythoclast or other highly used Auto Rifles. The acquisition of this weapon was also significantly more involved than other exotics. We did a huge pass on exotic weapons shortly after Destiny released, and will likely do more updates like this in the future. Community feedback is taken into heavy consideration when we make these updates, so I'm sure we'll be looking closely at Necrochasm when that time comes. Until then, thanks for letting us know how you feel and keep it coming.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

57 Replies
    • Bunp

Posting in language:

• It doesn't matter how skilled you are. The thing has 2 freaking impact, and a a midget clip.

Posting in language:

• Can we get a buff before how releases so we can enjoy this weapon we earned before it becomes a faint memory. The hardest weapon to obtain should be great from the start, not months later.

Posting in language:

• Yeah personally I've gone in to PvEand PvP games alike and the Necro still performed very well. Just have it set up for max impact and stability and you're good to go. Of course I say this to inform as to how I use the gun effectively, there may be more efficient ways of using it. But I haven't found them. But overall the gun is not underpowered nor ineffective.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
      • A question I would really like to see answered. A difficult weapon to obtain. Requires multiple completions of the games currently most difficult PvE content. The end result is a pitiful bullet hose that pales in comparison other even non exotics. The cursebringer perk is cool, but ineffective. The blast radius and damage is ousted by the more common perk firefly. In short I really want to use the Necrochasm, but it's just not really a viable option in many situations. Please answer this!

Posting in language:

2 Replies
        • Would like to know if it's going to be patched before the next expansion before the weapon is beyond fixing.

Posting in language:

• Buff needed. Worst gun in the game. At least no land beyond kills. This is a glorified back scratcher!

Posting in language:

• It desperately needs a buff :-(

Posting in language:

• When will people learn how to talk to one another? Its getting annoying reading how the community reacts to underwhelming weapons and acts like the designers and coders are all idiots and dont know how to do their job. 99% of you have no idea how to code a -blam!-ing game. Relax. Mistakes and shortcomings will happen, naturally. Give them a chance to correct shit and stop acting like a spoiled little turd.

Posting in language:

• Necro is trash. It simply sits in my vault wasting space

Posting in language:

• Bump

Posting in language:

• Bump

Posting in language:

• Bump. Would love to see this answered

Posting in language:

1 Reply
          You are not allowed to view this content.
          ;
          preload icon
          preload icon
          preload icon