This Week At Bungie – 7/08/2021
Ian: As a kid growing up in the 80’s and a fan of Synthwave music, I’ve really enjoyed the Retrowave-inspired visuals of Season of the Splicer. I was eager to contribute to this wave of art and wanted to reflect these influences in my artwork.With this piece I focused on Mithrax, his complex retro-cyber Splicer design and palette is an ideal match for the style and level of detail I like to work in. The neon cyan-blue from the graphics and blades coupled with the hot purple-pink of his electronics are a perfect fit for this aesthetic.Wielding a pair of charged Shock Blades, he echoes his salute from the “Enemy of my Enemy” mission, whilst the background elements are based upon his message terminal graphics and the Expunge mission.
Katarzyna: Hello there, you may know me online as Kathi Langley or Kitusiova. As I say sometimes, I am a graphic designer by day, a poor gamer by evening, and a digital painter by night. While I have used all the possible arts media, from oil paintings to detailed pencil drawings and collages, going digital allows me to include whole artistic variety and gives freedom of experimenting. I fell for Destiny even before I could play it, as I love this special mix that reaches far beyond a simple space opera. I fell for the artistic quality of the game itself, for its vision which is very, very inspiring.
Jen: My name is Jen Whaley, known online as Jennwhale! While I typically focus on a darker, more realistic style for my art, as reflected in my last CAS feature, I also love creating cutesy/kawaii artwork as well. When Bungie reached out with this second opportunity and allowed me to choose the subject matter, the Fallen babies were the perfect fit to showcase my kawaii side! I never would have imagined Bungie would find my art and enjoy it enough to invite me to participate twice! I am so very appreciative of the love this passionate community has.
It's a Bungie-ful Day in the Neighborhood
TRIUMPH RE-REDEEMSWith the launch of Update 3.2.1 players found that all previously redeemed Triumphs from Season 13 and Season 14 needed to be re-redeemed. This was the result of a fix for an issue that caused Season 14 Triumphs to incorrectly share Triumph Scores with Season 13 Triumphs.As a result of this fix players may notice a slight decrease in their Season 13 Triumph score due to their scores being recalculated correctly.Additionally, we are currently investigating players being unable to re-redeem the Catalyst Competitor and One Fell Strike Triumphs.
TOKEN TURN INWith the launch of Season 15 on August 24, Vanguard reputation ranks will be updated and no longer require the use of Vanguard Tokens.Due to this, Vanguard Tokens will be deprecated at the launch of the Season. Players should turn in their Vanguard Tokens to Zavala to receive rewards this Season before August 24 when their Tokens expire.
KNOWN ISSUESWhile we continue investigating various known issues, here is a list of the latest issues that were reported to us in our #Help Forum:
For a full list of emergent issues in Destiny 2, players can review our Known Issues article. Players who observe other issues should report them to our #Help forum.
- Renewed Solstice armor displays the Season of the Splicer icon instead of the Solstice icon.
- The Light and Dark Weekly Solstice bounty for Gambit will only gain progress from elemental final blows on Guardians.
- The Prismatic Taken event UI may overlap other objective UI when players have multiple buffs active.
- Prismatic Orbs do not contribute to total Elemental Orbs collected by players.
- 2018 Solstice armor set glows may be less intense on certain portions of the armor.
- Pieces of the Filigree of Light shell disappear when rotating the Ghost shell in the inventory preview.
- We are currently investigating reports of Solstice Key Fragments and Solstice packages being removed from player inventories.
- The Repeatable Solstice Bounties do not display their Bright Dust reward when viewed in Eva’s inventory. Completing these Repeatable Bounties will still award ten Bright Dust each.
- The Baby Fallen emote will appear at the very end of player emote inventories.
- Players are receiving the Plug One.1 Fusion Rifle instead of the Uzume RR4 Sniper Rifle as a Nightfall completion reward.
- Subtitles do not appear during new Mithrax announcement dialogues.
- Subtitles do not appear when interacting with the House of Light banner in the Eliksni Quarter.
- The Ludomaniacal emblem does not unlock after players reset their Infamy rank three times. Player may be able to get around this by claiming an Exotic engram from Drifter’s inventory.
- The Unstoppable Schwarzschild Condensor mod costs 5,000 Glimmer to apply instead of the usual 500.
Bungie’s Skybox team stays undefeated 😄 pic.twitter.com/AfK2BHm62L— G1 Makowski (@OlManMakowski) July 5, 2021