This Week At Bungie – 12/3/2020
|Day 1 Stats||Last Wish||Garden of Salvation||Deep Stone Crypt|
|Unique Raid Activity Clears||4||551||29,814|
|Launch +10 Days Stats||Last Wish||Garden of Salvation||Deep Stone Crypt|
|Unique Raid Activity Clears||3,555||33,152||258,049|
|Total Player Hours||2,185,983||2,807,504||7,156,651|
Light Keepers – Charity Update!
$250k – Dawning 2020 Titan universal ornament concept art
- (You've already smashed this milestone)
- $500k – Dawning 2020 Warlock universal ornament concept art
- $750k – Dawning 2020 Hunter universal ornament concept art
- $1 million – Dawning 2020 Legendary Reward preview
- Every $100k after reaching $1 million – Guest lore reading
Return of the Banner
It's All in the Patch... Notes
|Feature||Xbox Series X||PlayStation 5||Xbox Series S|
|120hz Crucible Support||Supported*||Supported*||Not Supported|
|Field of View Slider||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Faster Load Times||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Next-Generation Upgrade Free||Xbox Smart Delivery||Yes||Xbox Smart Delivery|
Destiny 2 Update 3.0.1 has quite a bit more under the hood. The team has been working on some bug fixes for issues found around launch, but we also have a few promises to keep. Let’s dig in.
- The Prophecy Dungeon will be returning to Destiny 2 on December 8, 2020.
- This endgame activity is free to all players.
- Powerful rewards may be earned from each checkpoint once per week.
- Players may complete the dungeon once per week to obtain a pinnacle-powered reward.
- Previously featured weapon and armor rewards are available once more.
- Beginning next week, players may acquire bounties from Destiny 2 vendors using the Destiny Companion App.
- Bounties may only be acquired when players are Offline, In Orbit, or in The Tower.
- This will be introduced through a Companion App update, which is planned for December 8, 2020.
- Stay tuned to @BungieHelp for more on this Companion App update.
- Fixed an issue with the New Light subclass quest where Ikora's waypoint was suppressed.
- Fixed an issue where veteran players with two characters of the same class were blocked from acquiring their subclasses.
- Fixed an issue where a step on the New Light pursuit was not granting experience.
- Fixed an issue where players who skip the Shotgun chest in the first mission did not receive Special ammo when the Shotgun was granted.
- Fixed an issue where the waypoint on the Exotic Archive Vendor continues to flash for players who own all Exotics.
- Badges and Armor in Collections correctly select player's class.
- Fixed an issue where the UI would forget which page the player was on after previewing an item in Collections.
- Fixed a bug where some new armor mods had incorrect sources listed in Collections.
- Updated the mercy rule for Control and Clash to prevent it from triggering too early in the match.
- Fixed an issue where the "Survivor" medal could be awarded to players who were defeated during the round.
- Fixed an issue where the "Untouchable" medal could not be earned.
- Icefall Mantle
- Fixed a bug where the Icefall Mantle's description did not mention the slow field it generates when activated.
- Mask of Bakris
- Improved the readability of the visual effects when another player wearing Mask of Bakris shifts directly toward you.
- Updated the description string of Mask of Bakris's perk to correctly describe its damage bonus, which applies only to combatants and affects all Arc weapon damage and all damage against slowed or encased enemies.
- Additionally, fixed an issue where this damage bonus was applying to players who are slowed or encased in Crucible and Gambit.
- Necrotic Grip
- Fixed an issue where being killed by the effects of Necrotic Grip would show as being "Killed by the Architects."
Player Support Dream Team
UPDATE 3.0.1Today, December 3, background maintenance for Update 3.0.1 will begin. Below is a timeline of events:
- December 3, 10 AM PST (1800 UTC): Destiny 2 background maintenance for Update 3.0.1 begins.
- December 3, 2PM PST (2200 UTC): Destiny 2 background maintenance for Update 3.0.1. completes.
- December 8, 7 AM PST (1500 UTC): Destiny 1 and 2 maintenance for Update 3.0.1 begins.
- December 8, 8 AM PST (1600 UTC): Players are removed from activities in Destiny 1 and 2 and won't be able to log back in until 9 AM PST when Update 3.0.1 is available.
- December 8, 9 AM PST (1700 UTC): Destiny 2 Update 3.0.1 is rolled out across all platforms and regions. Players can log back into Destiny 1 and Destiny 2 at this time. Ongoing maintenance is expected to conclude at 10 AM PST.
- December 8 10 AM PST (1800 UTC): Destiny 1 and Destiny 2 maintenance is expected to conclude.
NEXT-GEN CONSOLESWhen Update 3.0.1 releases on December 8, next-gen console users (Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5) will need to download the full-size game, regardless if they have been playing Destiny 2 since Beyond Light’s launch. This does not affect Xbox One, PlayStation 4, or Steam users. Pre-load will not be available for this patch - pre-loads are usually only available for expansion type patches and are not available for hotfixes or seasonal updates.The estimated patch sizes for Update 3.0.1 based on platforms are as follows:
- Xbox Series X|S 3.0.1’s patch download size: ~70.0 GB
- PlayStation 5 3.0.1’s patch download size: ~67.0 GB
- Xbox One 3.0.1’s patch download size: ~2.35 GB
- PlayStation 4 3.0.1’s patch download size: ~2.09 GB
- Steam 3.0.1’s patch download size: ~1.5 GB
Additionally, the updated Storage Requirements for Destiny 2 are as follows:
Platform Destiny 2 Install Size Free Space Needed to Update Xbox Series X|S 70.0 GB 70.0 GB PlayStation 5 67.0 GB 67.0 GB PlayStation 4 70.78 GB 70.78 GB Xbox One 65.7 65.7 PC 69.7 GB* 69.7 GB** PC: Destiny 2 install size may vary based on languages installed, size shown is maximum size possible.UPCOMING RESOLVED ISSUES
- Below is a list of some issues expected to be resolved with Update 3.0.1:
- The lift tubes in the Warden of Nothing strike fully drain Super energy.
- The "Wanted: The Fanatic" Triumph is not being awarded after defeating the Fanatic in the Forsaken campaign.
- "The Hit List" Triumph is not being awarded after defeating all the Barons in the Forsaken campaign.
- The holograms from looped emotes, such as the Luxurious Toast and Feline Fancy emotes, disappear and leave players in a static position after the first loop ends.
- The Adored Sniper Rifle cannot be reacquired from the Collections.
KNOWN ISSUESWhile we continue investigating various known issues, here is a list of the latest issues that were reported to us in our #Help Forum:
- Players who are colorblind may have difficulties seeing trails in Wrathborn Hunts.
- In the Last Wish raid, players will get the “Place Relic” prompt for Riven’s Heart even if they aren’t holding it.
- The Binary System ornament for Symmetry disables enemy highlighting in seeker mode.
- Some players are being forced to reacquire the Cryptolith Lure every time they launch the game.
- Major enemies that drop Moon weapon parts aren’t spawning.
- The Scourge of the Past armor can’t take Season of Arrivals mods.
- The Strength of Memory Challenge can’t be completed.
- Some icicles on the Rimed Ghost shell are black and don’t look like icicles.
- The Lost Lament quest sometimes progresses inconsistently/not at all and sometimes needs to be abandoned and reacquired to continue.
- Kills with the Jade Rabbit Exotic Scout Rifle no longer auto-refill its magazine.
- The Halcyon Visage Exotic Sparrow takes shaders poorly.
- The Selfie Emote functions poorly on ultrawide monitor setups.
- The Wisdom of the Witch Triumph no longer counts progress.
- Some players cannot progress past the first mission of A Guardian Rises.
- The Drifter sometimes misgenders players in idle dialogue and Gambit dialogue.
- Eris still has a Weekly Challenge for some players. This Weekly Challenge intentionally does not provide a Powerful reward.
- Flawless Execution on the Way of the Wraith Hunter subclass has a delayed trigger.
- Resetting Valor rank on step 4 of 5 on the Light Reforged Crucible quest prevents future Valor earned from being recorded for the quest.
- Multiple ships have their rocket effects floating behind the ship model.
- Shiver Strike Titan melee does not function with the Heavy Handed mod.
- Collections go back to the main menu instead of to the previous section.
- HDR isn’t working as intended.
- We’re investigating player reports that their veteran dialogue has been replaced with new character dialogue.
For a full list of emergent issues in Destiny 2, players can review our Known Issues article. Players who observe other issues should report them to our #Help forum.
Don’t Fall for an Imposter
Piecing Art Together
She is done! Atraks-1, the First(?) Eliksni Exo. Her Encounter on Day one but was super Satisfying to beat together with my Day1 team! This is easly my proudest Destiny 2 Build, and I hope you all will enjoy it!— Ernie (@TheCreeperIV) December 1, 2020
__________#Destiny2 #DeepStoneCrypt #LEGO #MOC @Bungie #DestinyArt pic.twitter.com/DJSWHtszT5
Silence and Squall@Bungie @DestinyTheGame @A_dmg04 @rDESTNYCREATION #BeyondLight #Destiny2 #DestinyArt #fanart pic.twitter.com/10oMGMScZA— PJM (@PJM_Artwork) December 1, 2020
Preparations for 2020's dawning have started. ❄️#destinythegame #DestinyArt #BeyondLight pic.twitter.com/ERAZEKYQAI— sentinelscg (@Konradodo) December 1, 2020