This Week At Bungie – 11/12/2020
Fine, It’s Cosmic Ice
- Slow will shut off combatants’ movement abilities and slow their movement.
- Slow will reduce movement speed.
- Reduce ability regeneration rates.
- Suppress movement abilities (jump, dodge, etc).
- Reduce the following weapon stats:
- ADS speed
- ADS move speed
- Weapon reload speed
- Weapon handling
- Weapon kick direction
- Reduces weapon accuracy.
- Freeze can be shattered by damage. Shattering a freeze causes it to do AOE damage to the frozen target and all other nearby targets, including other frozen targets.
- Freeze lasts for some duration before crumbling off.
- Unlike shattering, a freeze that crumbles does not do any damage to the frozen enemy or nearby enemies.
- Freeze will lock all non-boss combatants in place for the duration of the effect.
- Bosses will automatically shatter out after some duration.
- Freeze will lock players into place when applied for the duration of the effect.
- While frozen, players will have their class ability replaced with a new Breakout ability that allows players to exit their freeze early at the trade-off of health. The damage this breakout does can be reduced by the Resilience stat. The more Resilience the less damage you take.
- Players can activate their Supers to immediately breakout in Super state.
- Locks players in place until broken out.
- Players will quickly shatter out and take a small amount of damage.
- Suppresses Super and locks players in place until broken out or expires.
- All player freeze rules apply here.
Flight Dynamics Officers
CONNECTION AND SERVER ISSUESEver since Monday, November 9, we’ve been investigating server stability and various error codes, including GUITAR and ARUGULA. We’ll provide more information once it becomes available.
BEYOND LIGHT LICENSES AND SEASON PASSESMany players have reported to us that they purchased Beyond Light but don’t have the Season Pass and can’t access the campaign after the first mission.Season Passes aren’t included in the Standard Edition of Beyond Light, so players who purchased this edition will have to purchase the Season Pass in the game. Additionally, Season Passes can’t be shared between accounts.For those sharing the expansion on console, the main console has to download Beyond Light first before the second console can access that content.For platform-specific players:
XBOXPlayers should look at their order history to confirm that their transaction of Beyond Light was successful. If it wasn’t, they should contact Xbox Support for assistance.For players who purchased Beyond Light successfully but still can’t access the expansion, they may need to manually reinstall all add-ons:Highlight Destiny 2
- Press the Menu button,
- Select "Manage game and add-ons"
- Press the Menu button,
- Select "Manage installation"
- Manually reinstall all add-onsPlease note that the Game Pass version of Beyond Light doesn’t include a Season Pass.
PLAYSTATIONPlayers who purchased Beyond Light but can’t access the expansion should restore their Destiny licenses. If players still experience issues, they should contact PlayStation Support to verify their purchase.
STEAMPlayers on Steam should go to their “Library,” right-click on Destiny 2, click “Properties,” click the “DLC” tab, and make sure that Beyond Light and all appropriate DLC is installed. If Beyond Light isn’t listed, players need to purchase Beyond Light or contact Steam Support.
MID-WEEK UPDATESEarlier this week, we disabled the Rose Hand Cannon from use due to its RPM still being 150 instead of 140. This issue will be resolved in a future update.We also noticed that Legendary drop rates were changed in the EDZ Widow’s Walk Lost Sector, which we corrected on Wednesday.
NVIDIA REFLEX AND DESTINY 2 PCDestiny 2 on PC now supports integration with the NVIDIA Reflex SDK for compatible graphics cards. This improves responsiveness and reduces “click-to-display” latency. Players can tweak their experience by following the direction in our NVIDIA Reflex Low Latency Guide.
PC MIGRATION AND BATTLE.NET ENDING SOONBeginning on December 1, 2020, at 9 AM PST, Blizzard's Battle.net accounts will no longer be available for users to log in with on Bungie.net or the Destiny Companion app, nor will users be able to migrate their Battle.net account to Steam.Users who only have a Battle.net account linked to their Bungie profile are strongly encouraged to either link another platform to their profile, or to perform PC migration to Steam (unless you already have a Destiny 2 Steam account). Click here for more information.
KNOWN ISSUESWhile we continue investigating various known issues, here is a list of the latest issues that were reported to us in our #Help Forum:
- The “Fabled Warrior” Triumph doesn't count weapons that were purchased from the Monuments to Lost Lights Exotic Archive.
- The Europa patrol “To the Nth Power” can’t be progressed by Warlocks using Stasis
- Sometimes Vendors and enemies have model deformations.
- Players who dismantle Stasis Fragment quests must wait a week before picking up a new one.
- The One-Inch Punch finisher won’t kill enemies if players have Stasis equipped.
- Kill-based weapon perks may work inconsistently on Stasis-frozen shatter kills.
- Xbox players are experiencing crashes while in the Tower, especially when opening their Vault.
- Cutscenes suffer from severe stutter and result in an extremely poor viewing experience for some PC players.
- Many Multi-part emotes stop playing after they enter animation.
- Warlock's "Frostpulse" can fail to freeze target if there's a difference in elevation.
- When using PlayStation Remote Play, controller settings reset to default.
- On Xbox One, the chat volume slider does not affect incoming voice chat volume.
Artists of the Week
We stan a supportive Ghost in this household! Casual Guardian commission for longtime Destiny pal @/bronzegothluv over on twitter! #Destiny2 #BeyondLight @Bungie @A_dmg04 @DestinyComArt @rDESTNYCREATION pic.twitter.com/H30S4yndRt— Spookgeist // BLM (@spookgeist) November 9, 2020
View this post on Instagram
The darkness arrives. Its clear the pyramid ships are coming but what will happen? Curious what the next season and big expansion will bring! Its kinda done pretty fast and im getting used to colouring in clip studio paint yay! #artistsoninstagram #destiny2thegame #destinyart #digitalartwork #clipstudiopaint #speedpaint #thedarkness #destinythegame #bungie #thetraveler #space #digitaldrawing