This Week At Bungie – 12/20/2018
This week at Bungie, we lit the third forge.
The Izanami Forge has been discovered in the wreckage of the Exodus Black. New adventures await and more slick weaponry is available for those who can repair and reignite the ancient forge.
We have more in store for you after the New Year. The community is currently solving puzzles and uncovering the secrets of the forges and the families who created them. Niobe Labs is set to go live on January 8. It’s not a dungeon, but an event that will ultimately unlock the final forge. Good luck!
The Dawning is still going strong. Ovens are roaring in the Tower and across the solar system as Guardians cook up sweet treats and deliver them to hungry vendors. The great Guardian bake off will continue for the rest of the year until the reset at 9 AM on January 1, 2019. So power up that new Sparrow with holiday cheer before the event comes to an end.
In preparation for the holidays, several TWABs ago we asked the community to use their artistic talents to create a Bungie Holiday card for 2018. We received a lot of incredible entries and it was hard to choose just one. In the end we selected this fine piece created by Micah Bell.
Strike While the Iron’s Hot
Next week, Lord Saladin will visit the Tower for the final Iron Banner of 2018. He is bringing with him a new set of armor to earn and two Year 1 weapons upgraded to include random rolls.
Iron Banner/Increased ValorBegins: December 25, 2018Ends: January 1, 2019
Double Valor will also be live from December 25 through December 28, followed by triple Valor from December 28 through January 1. You can take advantage of these extra gains in Iron Banner, Competitive, or Quickplay.
This week in Destiny 2 Update 2.1.3, we deployed some new tools from the Security Response Team to help improve the competitive environment of the Crucible.
Beginning soon, players with the most unreliable connections will receive an in-game warning. We know that connection quality is fluid, so don’t worry if you have occasional, temporary issues.
If you receive one of these warnings, please visit the Network Troubleshooting Guide. If your connection does not improve, there are additional guides available that can help you in diagnosing advanced network issues. If all else fails, contact your ISP for assistance.
If your connection does not improve after an in-game warning, and we continue detecting a negative impact on other Guardians, restrictions from PvP activities may be applied to your account.
If a restriction is applied to your account, you will be unable to participate in PvP for two weeks. If you continue to play on an unreliable connection that harms the experience of other players, that restriction may be extended.
As always, you can find the latest information on Bungie’s ban and restriction policies at bungie.net/bans.
And now for a word from our Player Support experts.
Destiny 2 Update 2.1.3This week, we deployed Destiny 2 Update 2.1.3 to players. This update resolved several issues which impacted the player experience in Destiny 2. See below for a selection of highlights from this update:
- Fixed an issue where players were not properly granted the Scourge of the Past emblem or Triumph for completing the activity within the first 24 hours
- Fixed an issue where players weren’t properly being granted Harbinger's Echo if they destroyed eggs across multiple characters
- Fixed an issue that caused weapon frames to be erroneously removed from players’ inventories when completing forges
- Fixed an issue where players were not rewarded properly when completing a forge activity that was joined in progress
- Fixed an issue which caused the Avalanche Machine Gun to have more recoil than intended
- Fixed an issue which caused Season of the Forge shaders to dismantle more slowly than other shadersFor the full list, please visit our Update 2.1.3 patch notes page.
Ghost ProjectionsFollowing this week’s deployment of Destiny 2 Update 2.1.3, an issue was discovered which caused a discrepancy between the Rasmussen and Satou Ghost Projections available in this season’s Etched Engram.We are investigating the cause of this issue, and affected players can expect this to be resolved in a future update.
Izanami ForgeOn Tuesday, the Izanami Forge rolled out to players in Destiny 2. Players who have completed the Volundr and Gofannon forges can begin their quest toward unlocking the Izanami Forge by defeating Vex on Nessus.As players work to unlock this forge, they should make sure that they have space available in their Pursuits inventory. When defeating Vex on Nessus, there is a chance for the Vex Transponder quest item to drop, and players who have a full Pursuits inventory may not see this item in their postmaster.For players who enter this state, we recommend making room in your Pursuits inventory and returning to Nessus for a chance at another drop.
Destiny 2: Forsaken and Season of the Forge Known IssuesIn addition to the items listed above, Destiny Player Support is tracking the latest issues reported by players on the #Help forum. Provided below is a brief overview of the latest known issues in Destiny 2: Forsaken and Season of the Forge.
- Like a Diamond Triumph: We are investigating an issue where the Triumph “Like a Diamond” is not unlocking as intended when players complete the Scourge of the Past raid without any member of their fireteam dying.
- Veteran of the Hunt Emblem: We are investigating an issue where the “Veteran of the Hunt” emblem, given to eligible players in the Gratitude Package from Commander Zavala, uses incorrect art assets. This has also caused the “Universal Hero” PC-exclusive promotional emblem to not display correctly.
- Radiant Matrix Missing from Inventory: We are investigating an issue where the Radiant Matrix will push out of a player's postmaster and become unobtainable. It is recommended that players check their postmaster to retrieve their Radiant Matrix if it is missing from their inventory.
- Weapon Frame Bounties: We are investigating an issue where players are able to purchase weapon frame bounties when a player's inventory is full, and they don't go to the postmaster. Additionally, players who carry over weapon frames from prior weeks will lose access to one of the new week’s weapon frames after completion of the old frame in that week.
- Cookies for Petra and Spider: Players who do not own Forsaken will be unable to create cookies for Spider and Petra. This will not stop progress being made to fully upgrade the Dawning Cheer sparrow, however some Triumphs will be unavailable to complete.For the latest known issues as soon as they are available, players should visit our Destiny 2 Known Issues and Vital Information knowledgebase article.
Black and White Movies
Before MOTW goes into hibernation for a few weeks, here are two more winners. If you are vying to get the emblem, you can continue to submit your videos. Movie of the Week will return in the next TWAB on January 10.
Movie of the Week: Gambit Etiquette
Honorable Mention: Are you saying I can dodge bullets?
As Dmg mentioned last week, the TWAB is taking a few weeks off. Don’t worry, there will still be community managers in the building as we staggered our time off. We’ll still be humbly at your service in all the usual places and back with your weekly update on January 10.
You may have noticed that the header image is a mosaic of previous headers from all of the TWABs over the years. Elliot Gray has created nearly all of those images, and this is his final TWAB as he is moving to a different role at Bungie. We’d like to thank him for helping make our articles look so good for so long.
It’s been a great year, Guardians. We updated the game 29 times in 2018. Some big, some small, but every single one was deployed with the intent to continue improving Destiny 2. Through Warmind, Solstice of Heroes, Forsaken, Crimson Days, Festival of the Lost, the Dawning, and now Season of the Forge, we hope you have enjoyed the content our team has created.
Whatever you are doing and wherever you may be going, we wish you all the best this holiday season.