Bungie Bounty: GambitPlatform: Xbox OneMonday, November 12, 2018Twitch.tv/Bungie: 10 AM PSTBungie Last Wish Raid-AlongMonday, November 19, 2018Twitch.tv/Bungie: 10 AM PST
PerformanceEngineer Ben Thompson: We have been paying close attention to reports of long load times on console and are working on improvements to reduce these load times. Let’s break down three distinct performance issues that we are looking into (each with different contributing factors):
In the upcoming Season 5 update, you should see significant improvements loading into activities and traveling throughout a destination. We've been bringing new content, bug fixes, and patches at a cadence more frequent than we had previously accounted for. That cadence of patching has translated into some unexpected overhead within the code that is responsible for loading data into the game. All that being said, loading from Orbit into the EDZ should be reduced from over two minutes down to just over one minute and we’re eager to see how things pan out in the wild.We’re continuing to investigate load times when launching Destiny 2 and when interacting with aspects of the UI. When more information is available, we’ll provide updates.Super TuningSandbox Design Claude Jerome: Spectral Blades was heavily re-tuned to increase the reliability of melee attacks in PvP and to bolster the effectiveness of Super’s stealth capabilities The following changes are planned to reach these goals:
For Chaos Reach, we’re tuning the energy cost of deactivating Chaos Reach early. The intent of this tuning pass is to make it more rewarding to skillfully time your early deactivation when using this super. Essentially, it will be more punishing to deactivate the Chaos Reach Super extremely early, but less punishing when deactivating later in the Super.Checkpoint ResetsUser Interface Tester Tony Gacia: We’re currently looking to add reset functionality to checkpoints in various activities, like the Last Wish raid. We do not have a specific timeline for when this functionality will be added, but wanted to note that the feedback is under investigation.
Gambit Free TrialStarts: 9 AM 11/9/2018Ends: 9 AM 11/11/2018
Iron BannerStart: 9 AM 11/13/2018End: 9 AM 11/20/2018
Destiny 2 Hotfix 126.96.36.199Earlier this week, we conducted maintenance to deploy Hotfix 188.8.131.52 to players. This hotfix was in direct response to an emergent issue that prevented some players from receiving the Lost Cryptarch quest from Amanda Holliday after it became available.While we believe all cases of this issue have been resolved, players who continue to encounter this issue should let us know by reporting to the #Help forum.Refer-a-FriendWith the launch of the Refer-a-Friend promotion, Destiny Player Support has observed a number of reports from players who are receiving a message indicating that they are ineligible to participate in Refer-a-Friend. After investigating reports of this issue, we have determined that a significant majority of these players do not own Destiny 2: Forsaken, and are accessing Destiny 2: Forsaken content through platform license-sharing features.Please note that in order to participate in Refer-a-Friend, both linked players must own full Destiny 2: Forsaken licenses on their participating accounts.Destiny 2: Forsaken Known IssuesIn addition to the items listed above, Destiny Player Support is tracking the latest issues reported by players on the #Help forum. Provided below is a brief overview of the latest known issues in Destiny 2: Forsaken.
- Hecuba-S Sparrow: We are investigating an issue where players who do not own the Annual Pass cannot reclaim the Hecuba-S Sparrow from Collections.
- Corrupted Strike Respawns: We are investigating an issue where players may spawn outside the boss arena in the Corrupted strike and immediately die because they spawn inside of a kill volume.
- Hawthorne's Weekly Raid Bounty: We are investigating an issue where Hawthorne's weekly raid bounty shows up for only 24 hours past the weekly reset. If not acquired by 9 AM PST (1700 UTC) the next day, players won't be able to pick a new raid bounty until the next weekly reset.
- Moving Bank in Gambit Matches: We are investigating issues where the bank may drift/rotate out of place during Gambit matches, causing players to be unable to deposit motes.
- Gwisin Vest Exotic: We are investigating an issue where the perk Roving Assassin on Gwisin Vest may not always activate properly.
- Fastidious Miser and Ascendant Chests: We are investigating issues with the Fastidious Miser Triumph not unlocking when players find all of the Ascendant Chests. Players may need to find the Ascendant Chests a second time to unlock this Triumph.
- Mint Condition: We are investigating an issue where the Mint Condition Triumph doesn't unlock for players who don't let the Generator Core in the Dreaming City go below 100% in the public event.
- Riddle Me This: We are investigating an issue where the Riddle Me This Triumph is not unlocking for some players who open all of its corresponding chests in the Dreaming City.
- Chinese UI Issues: We are investigating an issue where players using the Traditional Chinese language are experiencing long UI load times in Destiny 2. We are pursuing a fix targeted for early December.
Your role as a moderator enables you immediately ban this user from messaging (bypassing the report queue) if you select a punishment.