This Week At Bungie – 11/01/2018
Getting Granular with Masterwork Armor
Ryan: Hello everyone. Here is a brief rundown on how Masterworking your armor increases your damage resistance from both all incoming elemental damage from combatants and all damage during your Super.Masterwork Armor Breakdown:
- Three families of Masterwork perks: Arc, Solar, and Void
- Each family of perks has five tiers
- Each Legendary armor item has a Masterwork perk, randomly assigned, allowing each player to potentially build up 25 cumulative tiers of Masterworks for a given damage type
- Each tier bestows the following effects:
- +1% damage resistance against any combatant attack carrying the specified damage type (not player attacks)
- +1% damage resistance against any attack while the Guardian is in Super
- Super damage resistance stacks regardless of family disparity; for example, if a player has tier 12 Arc and tier 3 Void, they have a cumulative additional 15% damage resistance while in Super, but only 12% damage resistance vs. Arc combatant damage and 3% vs. Void combatant damage
- The in-Super damage resistance stacks multiplicatively with the innate damage resistance of a SuperKeep in mind that while your Masterwork Super damage resistance stacks with the base damage resistance of your Supers, you will never be 100% invulnerable to attacks. Lastly, differences in power levels between the Guardian and combatants, no matter how minor it may seem, play a large role in determining incoming damage, with Damage Resistances modifying that damage further. I hope this helps explain a little better what is going on under the hood.
Unmasking the Winners
Refer Your Friends
How Can We Help?
The Lost CryptarchWe have observed reports from players who were unable to receive the Lost Cryptarch quest because their Pursuits inventory was full at the time they accepted the quest from Amanda Holliday.Players who have not yet picked up this quest should ensure they have an open slot in their Pursuits inventory prior to speaking with Amanda Holliday. For players who have already been affected and are unable to begin this quest, we are pursuing a hotfix to resolve this issue.
Refer-a-FriendAs mentioned above, we launched Refer-a-Friend for Destiny 2: Forsaken. Players who previously played Destiny 2: Forsaken can now invite non-Forsaken players for to unlock Refer-a-Friend-themed rewards.To participate in Refer-a-Friend, players must:
- Own base Destiny 2 and Destiny 2: Forsaken on the participating platform account (PS4, Xbox One, Battle.net)
- Have an applicable platform membership (PS+, Xbox Live) to join fireteams and participate in matchmade activities
- Have an appropriately linked bungie.net accountAdditionally, effective immediately, all players who purchase Destiny 2: Forsaken between October 16 and November 6 have an extended referral period to be invited as new players. After November 6, only players who have purchased and played Destiny 2: Forsaken for fewer than seven days may be invited as a new player referee.For more information on Refer-a-Friend for Destiny 2: Forsaken, players should visit bungie.net/referafriend.
Destiny 2: Forsaken Known IssuesIn addition to the items listed above, Destiny Player Support is tracking the latest issues reported by players on the #Help forum. Provided below is a brief overview of the latest known issues in Destiny 2: Forsaken.
- Harbinger's Echo: We are investigating an issue where the Harbinger’s Echo Exotic Sparrow is not unlocking for some eligible players.
- Hawthorne’s Weekly Challenge: Players who do not redeem their engram for Hawthorne’s Weekly Clan reward until after the following weekly reset will not be able to earn another engram for that week. Players will have to wait until the following weekly reset to get out of this state.
- Tree of Probabilities: We are investigating an issue with point thresholds for the Tree of Probabilities strike.
- Warden's Law and Fourth Time's the Charm: We are investigating an issue with the Fourth Time's the Charm perk for the Warden's Law not activating correctly.
- Xbox One X Crashes: We are investigating an issue Xbox One X players may encounter a crash while in the Haunted Forest, receiving an "insufficient ventilation" error. Players who encounter this issue should play the Firewalled version of the Haunted Forest which disables matchmaking.
- 150 RPM Scout Rifles: We are investigating an issue where 150 RPM Scout Rifles may not fire at their intended rate.
I would have to say this is my flashiest chaperone clip I ever had, my voice is scratchy I know lol. pic.twitter.com/A5ECa7Cqic— Kaseem Hashim (@Lunarzx_sM) October 31, 2018