This Week At Bungie – 11/02/2017
This week at Bungie, we announced “Curse of Osiris.”
Our 2017 World Tour isn’t over yet. At Paris Games Week, we announced your next adventure in Destiny 2. If you missed the trailer, check out the mysteries that await.
We know you have a lot of questions about what you saw. Osiris has that effect on even his most devout Followers. We have answers coming soon.
As promised at TwitchCon, there will be three Bungie livestreams in November. We’ll use them to unpack more of what you’ll find in Expansion One.
Curse of Osiris – Stream One – New Stories to Tell
11AM Pacific, Wednesday, November 15
Learn about the places you’ll go, the characters you’ll meet, and the enemies you'll fight.
Curse of Osiris – Stream Two – New Ways to Play
11AM Pacific, Tuesday, November 21
Watch us preview some of the new activities that will challenge you and your Fireteam.
Curse of Osiris – Stream Three – New Gear to Earn
11AM Pacific, Wednesday, November 29
Inspect the new inventories and see it all in action on a brand new Crucible map.
Many members of the Bungie development team will be in the hot seats to tell you all about what they’ve been working on. We hope you’ll join us to be a part of the moment and sound off in chat.
You’re about to be called again to declare your loyalty during another week of Faction Rallies. If you are a new player who missed the first event, this will be an opportunity for you to define your character, join a movement, and earn some awesome gear. From November 7 until November 13, follow the call to action from your chosen leader to earn reward packages full of armor, weapons, and more. Your efforts in game will determine which faction is crowned the winner and given the right to sell their weapon as an additional reward.
Last time, Dead Orbit won the day. Can a new faction unseat them and become champions? Or will they defend their title and create a dynasty that will last forever?
If you read the 1.0.6 Patch Notes this morning, you may have noticed a few changes we’ve made since the last event. Senior Designer Tim Williams can elaborate.
Tim Williams: During the first Faction Rallies, we had a chance to learn a lot about how the activities motivated gameplay. We looked at the time invested compared to the rewards and made the following adjustments:Faction Rallies
- Strikes now reward faction tokens at a range of 5 to 9 faction tokens per completion (up from 3 to 7)
- Nightfall now rewards 10 to 18 faction tokens on first completion per character
- Completing Heroic Public Events now rewards 5 faction tokens (down from 8)
- Destroying enemy resources no longer rewards faction tokens
- Opening Lost Sector Chests now rewards 3 faction tokens for each fireteam memberStrikes should feel more worthy of the time you invest in them. We noticed that players felt Lost Sectors were useful, but disliked the fact that they couldn’t enjoy them with a fireteam, so we moved the faction tokens from the destructible items to the chest at the end of the activity. The destructibles will still be featured as a daily milestone and are still available to help your fireteam clear out the Lost Sector.We’re all excited to see which faction the players will help to win this faction rally. We’ll be watching and looking to improve the Faction Rallies over time, so please keep the feedback coming!
In addition to the changes Tim talked about, we also added some new weapons for you to obtain from your faction of choice. Here is a look at what we added to the packages, and what each side has to offer if they emerge victorious.
New Monarchy Weapons
Future War Cult Weapons
Dead Orbit Weapons
The winning faction – and ONLY the winning faction – will sell the weapon they’ve selected to lure you into their ranks. Aside from all the gear you stand to earn, this is what you’re fighting for.
New Monarchy Sword
Future War Cult Fusion Rifle
Dead Orbit Grenade Launcher
Depending on who emerges the victor, you’ll be able to claim one of these rewards during the week following the ritual. If you pledged loyalty to the winner, you can pick it up for 1,000 Glimmer. For everyone else, it’s 50,000 Glimmer. That’s the price for disloyalty in the Tower.
Good luck, and may the best faction win!
Good Will Hunting
The Bungie Bounty is back. This time, we’ll be playing on Xbox One. Another brave soul has volunteered to host the Bungie team on their own stream. SheSnaps will be the target. Match with her in Quickplay and win during the time indicated below to claim your emblem.
Bungie Bounty: SheSnapsWhen: November 3rd, 20176:00–8:00 p.m. (Pacific)Playlist: QuickplayConsole: XB1
SneSnaps won’t be going it alone. We have an all-Bungie fireteam backing her up.
L0SE – Joel Acosta, BVT Tester
OppDef – Richard Meier, PVP Tester
BNG Cozmo – Yours truly, Community Manager
This will not be a reveal stream like the ones we talked about above. We’ll just be confronting the community in the Crucible and giving out emblems to anyone who can beat us. Don’t expect any revelations about Osiris. We’re saving that for later.
About that emblem. Here is a peek at what the Sign of Mutual Combat looks like:
All winners will receive their emblem in the Collections section of their vault within a week. I’ll make the announcement on Twitter. You can see the emblems in your vault at any of the social spaces. For more info you can check out this Bungie Bounty Guide.
Look alive, PC Players! The next Bungie Bounty will be on your platform.
As we welcome a wider variety of machines that play our game, Destiny Player Support is working around the clock to identify issues and communicate fixes. They have more info about a patch we deployed this morning, along with the impending time change this weekend.
This is their report.
Daylight Saving Time (Fall Back):Ritual reset times are subject to change during Daylight Savings Time. Starting Sunday November 5, Daily and Weekly Reset will occur at 1:00 AM Pacific (9:00 AM UTC). For additional information concerning ritual resets, please see this Help Article.PC Issue updates:Since the launch of Destiny 2 on PC, we have been investigating various reports of crashes, performance degradation, framerate hitches, and alternate issues with players on the #Help forum. The following issues have been identified, investigated, and resolved:
- SSSE3 processor requirement: Hotfix 18.104.22.168 was deployed to remove the SSSE3 processor requirement. Players experiencing crashes due to this requirement should no longer be blocked from playing Destiny 2, but these processors remain below the below minimum spec and are not officially supported.
- AMD Vega Crashes: Players experiencing crashes when attempting to play through the mission “Six” or during general Destiny 2 gameplay may resolve these issues by downloading the most recent Driver Updates. Players may experience elevated crashes if their drivers have not been updated to version 17.8 or higher, and are advised to update when possible.
- Clan Rosters: Players should now be able to interact with Clan Rosters after accepting Hotfix 22.214.171.124
- Performance Degradation: Hotfix 126.96.36.199 also addressed an issue where players would experience performance degradation over time.For a list of all known PC issues, please see the PC Known Issue and Vital Information thread. Please note we are actively investigating reports of Destiny 2 PC frame rate stuttering after accepting Hotfix 188.8.131.52. We advise all players to use the PC Reporting Issues template when posting to the PC Support forum, as this provides valuable information to our internal teams that is used throughout our investigations.Trials of the NineFollowing Hotfix 1.0.6, Trials of the Nine is set to return this Friday (11/3), also making its first appearance on PC. Players are required to complete the Destiny 2 Campaign, finish the Call to Arms Milestone once, have a minimum Power level of 260, and have a pre-made fireteam of four to access this event.For additional information concerning Trials of the Nine, please see this Help Article.White Gloves, Gold StandardsWith each new release, the #Help forum receives new players in search of assistance. Whether it be general gameplay questions or players seeking information on how to configure their network, Community Mentors are at the ready to lend a helping hand. Prior to Destiny 2 launching in September, an invitation to the Welcoming Committee was offered to players we frequently see sharing Help Articles, Bungie Communications, and troubleshooting steps within the forums. We’d like to extend a belated welcome to the following members:
- TheCatalyyystWith a forum badge and the ability to mark answers within the #Help forum, each member is also granted the unique “Vigilant Console” emblem within Destiny 2 as thanks for their dedication to the community.If you see this emblem in the wild, know you’re in good company.
Set the Stage
Good news! This morning’s patch fixed our ability to grant the Lens of Fate emblem. We will be sending it out to this week’s winners and all previous winners since the launch of Destiny 2 who have been patiently waiting. Do you want to win and be one of the next lucky Guardians to receive this emblem? Submit your movie to the Creations page and you will have your shot.
Here are this week’s winners.
Move of the Week: Sector 13
Honorable Mention: Warlocks are Good With Guns
Honorable Mention: A Warlock’s Tale
We’re excited that Trials of the Nine is coming back tomorrow. This will be the first time PC players get to experience the thrill of playing through a scorecard with the chance of unlocking the mysteries of the spire and earning sweet loot.
New things to do are on the way. You have a roadmap of when we will be sharing some more details about Curse of Osiris and what else you can expect when Season Two begins with it on December 5. In the meantime, we will continue to monitor the conversation.