CB: Hey, everyone. We've been playing the game in the wild for seven weeks, and like the Destiny experiences that have come before, we're always thinking about where the game is heading next. We're still planning when a bunch of the improvements listed below are going to make their way into the game, but we wanted to let you know what we're up to. Here’s a short list of updates we’re working on:
- New systems and rewards to give our most engaged players additional, optional pursuits.
- Better incentives for players who complete challenging Prestige activities.
- Better rewards and replay value for strikes, adventures, and Lost Sectors.
- Private matches for the competitive community (we are targeting early 2018).
- Crucible tuning like adjusted Supremacy scoring and better spawning rules.
- Better incentives for completing Crucible matches (and penalties for quitting competitive games).
- Continued improvements to Iron Banner and Faction Rallies, including uniqueness of rewards.
- Changes to make the mod economy more interesting and impactful.
- Ongoing improvements to Exotics, including adjustments to reduce instances of duplication.
- New ways to spend surplus currency and materials (looking at you Legendary Shards).
- An emote interface that allows players to equip Salty, Spicy Ramen, Six Shooter, and Flip Out all at the same time.There's more we're working on. We'll talk again soon.-Barrett
- Reduced score limit to 50 (was 75)Control
- Reduced score limit to 90 (was 100)
- Reduced influence that enemy-controlled zones exert over the spawning systemSurvival
- Reduced round time limit to 2 minutes (down from 3)
- Reduced life count to 6 (down from 8)Supremacy
- Increased score-to-win to 70 (up from 50)
- We now grant one point for defeating an enemy Guardian
- Adjusted the influence that enemy crests have on the spawning system
Destiny 2 PC Launch: Known IssuesSince the release of Destiny 2 on PC, we have been recording verified issues within the Vital Information and Known Issues thread. The following is a list of confirmed issues that have come up since launch:
- SSSE3 Required: Destiny 2 will not run on processors without Supplemental Streaming SIMD Extensions 3 (SSSE3). PLEASE NOTE: We’ve seen a number of reports of crashes on CPUs that fall below our stated minimum specs (e.g. AMD Phenom II series). We are investigating the issue and will attempt to fix the crash, but these CPUs are below minimum spec and are not officially supported.
- AMD Vega crashes: We are aware of player-reported crashes at Mission Six for players using AMD Vega GPUs, and are we working with our partners to investigate this issue.
- Clan Roster: We are aware of player reports describing the Clan Roster not appearing in Destiny 2 on PC. We are investigating this issue.
- Error codes: BUFFALO, TRUMPET, and CHIVE knowledge base articles have been updated with information relevant to issues players have encountered with Destiny 2 on PC.
- Beta emblems: We are aware that players who participated in the Destiny 2 PC Beta have not received the appropriate emblem within their Collection. We will provide additional information once it is available.Reporting PC Issues to the #Help ForumIf you are encountering any issues not listed within the Vital Information thread, we advise posting a report to the PC Support forum on #Help. When reporting an issue, please include the following:
- BattleTag with numerical suffix
- Configuration info: CPU, GPU, RAM, GPU driver version, and operating system
- DxDiag: Steps on how to provide this may be found within this thread under “Reporting Issues”
- Issue information: Destination, activity, and description of the issue that occurred.This information is greatly beneficial to issue investigations, whether communicated through a newly posted thread or as a reply to a report that has already been posted by another player. Please note that players may not be provided with actionable steps in response to their report. However, all reported information is escalated to our internal teams for investigation.
Your role as a moderator enables you immediately ban this user from messaging (bypassing the report queue) if you select a punishment.