JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Gaming

Talk about games other than Destiny. We don't mind.

8/25/2014 12:11:17 PM

Out of every video game you've ever as the mage character, which one felt like a true mage

By true mage I guess I mean a proper arcane user, not a gimp that can fart fireworks on demand. Mine would probably be the Dragon age games, both games not a single point went into health but the damage/cc abilities produced were insane, maybe it's just me but a mage should be a true glass cannon
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Halo.
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Probably skyrim
    Add more answer options

1 Reply
    • Diablo 3 wizard, although they simplified abilities in D3 it still has a nice flow to the class.
      Add more answer options

• Immortal
      Add more answer options

• Edited by YxolloxY: 8/27/2014 1:17:01 PM
      baldur's gate throne of bhaal expansion where your mage / sorceror pc at the end rivals the friggin' gods in power.... edit: also if you started in bg1 you started out as a "gimp that can fart fireworks on command" and slowly ramp up to zomg s/he rips holes in the sky and manipulates time!
      Add more answer options

• Diablo 2 lod. " sorc " or sorceres or whatever
      Add more answer options

• Maybe Diablo. I played on Hell difficulty online and got a bunch of kick ass gear from someone. I felt like a god murdering everything and leveling up hella fast. Until I got swarmed and died and lost everything. Then I was a pussy again
      Add more answer options

• Not exactly mages but Biotic vanguards are pretty cool.
      Add more answer options

1 Reply
      • Edited by RedTide: 8/25/2014 5:43:20 PM
        There's a pc game which comes it tomorrow called linchdom battlemage which looks really cool. Look it up.
        Add more answer options

1 Reply
        • Oblivion.
          Add more answer options

• DS2. Rocking the hex/pyro glass cannon was great.
          Add more answer options

• I think I'd have to go with either the Dragon Age series or Dragons Dogma. Both had really enjoyable Mage classes to play as.
          Add more answer options

• Final Fantasy Tactics. Especially with an Arithmetician(Calculator). Nuke 1/2 the enemies with one spell? Yes pls.
          Add more answer options

2 Replies
          • Edited by Phoenixdowns: 8/25/2014 4:11:12 PM
            Dragons Dogma did a good job with it. You had the weak skills, that looked pretty cool, then You had the extremely badass skills like summoning a twister that pulls everything in and flings them all over the place. Even when battling a Mage in the game it can be pretty devastating.
            Add more answer options

1 Reply
            • I know in Fable II I felt OP as -blam!-..
              Add more answer options

• D[i]E[/i][b][b]S[/b][/b]TI[u]N[/u][i]Y[/i]!!!
              Add more answer options

1 Reply
              • Skyrim with mods.
                Add more answer options

3 Replies
                preload icon
                preload icon
                preload icon
                You are not allowed to view this content.