JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Service Warning
We are continuing to investigate issues of players encountering BEAVER error codes when attempting to play Destiny. Stand by for updates.

Destiny

Discuss all things Destiny.

8/22/2014 2:36:15 AM

Is anybody disappointed that beta characters won't transfer

YEEEESSSS WHHY BUNGIE!!!

Yes

Didn't play the beta

Don't care

No

I HATED MY BETA CHARACTER

Wanted to know how the community stands on this topic.
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• U got nothing meaningful anyway. Unless you grinded for crucible or vanguard rep Lol toooo bbaaaaaaaddd
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• The only thing that kinda sucks is that during the Beta I had an auto rifle that I got from rare engram. And a helmet I got from a rare engram during the Alpha. And both are gone. :'( Oh well. Starting over doesn't bother me. :)
    Add more answer options

2 Replies
    • Kinda, but happy they reset them. nice to start fresh at launch day :)
      Add more answer options

• For the love of the GoDs! This again? *roles eyes for the billionth time*
      Add more answer options

• Yeah, a little bit. Mostly I wanted to keep all the Glimmer, Crucible Marks, and Vanguard Marks I accumulated in the Beta. Also, it would be nice to start at Level 8 with all of my gear intact. I had some pretty good weapons, and some decent armor. I'll probably be over it by the time I get to Level 9, though. I can't wait to get my hands on the high-level gear. I did some window shopping in the Beta, and I'm hoping to get my hands on the Level 20 weapons and armor from New Monarchy as soon as I can.
      Add more answer options

• No -_- [spoiler][b]I AM A GOD[/b][/spoiler]
      Add more answer options

• Nah
      Add more answer options

• I am sad, I got all the iron banner gear for nothing
      Add more answer options

1 Reply
      • I was going to start over anyway, didn't like my character's head/face. They should have a way for you to change that on the fly, I don't want to be approaching endgame and decide I don't like the way my character's face looks.
        Add more answer options

• Not even a little bit. Fancy complaining about having to play Destiny.
        Add more answer options

• I just want my stuff in the vault to stay
        Add more answer options

• No. And if someone has a probably leveling up to level 8 again..they shouldn't be playing this game.
        Add more answer options

• It was so easy to level up it doesnt even matter.
        Add more answer options

3 Replies
        • Edited by TheChewyness: 8/22/2014 4:31:58 AM
          Yes No Indifferent That is how you poll.
          Add more answer options

• I didn't know this was still a topic.
          Add more answer options

• Didn't expect them to carry over but I understand why they did it. Still. All we can do is build our new guardians in memoriam to those brave guardians who gave so much to make the game better.
          Add more answer options

3 Replies
          • Funny how when they first announced it most people were outraged that their characters wouldn't carry over, but now many have come to their senses haha
            Add more answer options

1 Reply
            • Yes, I didn't expect them to go over, but I'm still going to miss them.
              Add more answer options

• Starting new makes sense. Must make sure I keep that crappy old Russian rifle when I start my new game.
              Add more answer options

• No, I expected it to happen.
              Add more answer options

• is this true?
              Add more answer options

• No, they're breaking them as we speak. Go look at your inventory...notice anything odd? Let them die, as they should.
              Add more answer options

• They already said it won't and I wanted it to, we just gotta get over it and start new
              Add more answer options

1 Reply
              preload icon
              preload icon
              preload icon
              You are not allowed to view this content.