JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny

Discuss all things Destiny.

Edited by PajamaThug: 8/15/2014 6:08:16 PM

How does everyone feel about the Matchmaking rewards ?

In my opinion I hate the randomness of the rewards , as I was always on top with the highest crucible score and then someone under me or even at the bottom getting a reward . Like what did they get rewarded for being bad ? Lol And even some of the rewards were very useless . Basically spare parts . But it was the Beta though not the full game . I just wanted to hear everyone's opinion on it .
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• it should be more common
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Shit, unless your playing iron banner
    Add more answer options

• This is why i plan to get all my rewards from pve.
    Add more answer options

• It was quite annoying, especially if you were the only good player on a terrible team and someone on 2 kills 3 assists and 14 deaths gets handed the awesome hand cannon. It would be better if the highest point scorers on both teams got a high chance of loot, then random for the rest of just the winning team. It would be an incentive for better teamwork.
    Add more answer options

1 Reply
    • It does feel random. Heck, one match the top player on my team got nothing but the person who came in 4th place got a ship!. Shouldn't the best players get the best stuff? It creates an incentive to improve.
      Add more answer options

4 Replies
      • I had a similar problem, I got 1st a lot but the last place kept getting the legendary stuff, but when I got 2nd a ship pops up for me after idk how many 1st places with nothing to show for. My point being I do like the randomness however they could add a little drop rate to the good players. They already have the winning team with higher % for drops. Let me know what u think guys.
        Add more answer options

2 Replies
        • Maybe they were rewarded for not calling other people bad.
          Add more answer options

• If it's about collecting and amassing "rewards" over time then that joy is short lived. I can't gain skills or improve myself as a player. I like to play a game and finish it or perform well. Most of the these so called "rewards" are never ending.
          Add more answer options

• [quote]Like what did they get rewarded for being bad ?[/quote]No, like you said, it was random.
          Add more answer options

• I don't mind at all because you get everything you want from Exploring and Story, so even when I came out with a 3.37 KD on my PSN Destiny and never got good stuff from crucible I didn't care at all.
          Add more answer options

4 Replies
          • I like the idea I mean you're getting rewarded for playing good you're not just getting points and a spot on the leaderboards.
            Add more answer options

• I dont mind it at all. If your good youll get gear other ways. I literally got shit the whole time i did pvp. Sept the iron banner pistol but that was about it.
            Add more answer options

• It sucked but I expected it to,
            Add more answer options

1 Reply
            • Hard
              Add more answer options

3 Replies
              • It doesn't bother me sometimes I'm on top sometimes I'm not. if I get good stuff or bad stuff or nothing I couldn't care pvp is fun as it is just random loot drops are a added bonus stop complaining cause you didn't get a good boy award, just accept the fact you were on top.
                Add more answer options

1 Reply
                • Feels completely random. I think it should be a raffle type thing where those at the top have more chances than those at the bottom. I'm hardly the best and got that legendary HC twice in a row which I'm sure caused some rage at the top. Although that situation did give me a chance to see if you get more stuff for scrapping it. [spoiler]It doesn't. 14 weapon parts.[/spoiler]
                  Add more answer options

3 Replies
                  • IMO they should have it so that each player gets two rewards for every game. The first reward is based on ranking/scoring for that game, where rank 1 gets nice high level stuff (doesn't have to be rare), rank 2 on the same team gets an item that isn't quite as good and etc. Basically a trickle down system. Then the second reward could be the random reward, where everyone on the team has a chance of getting anything. Then top it off with the winning team getting a boost on their chances of getting the good stuff (2x higher or whatever). Just a little idea, cheers fellow Guardians!
                    Add more answer options

1 Reply
                    • I got a legendary hand cannon from Iron banner for being the best, but other times when I was the best I never received anything. It simply makes no sense, but at least I know where to play crucible.
                      Add more answer options

2 Replies
                      • Unfortunately think having random rewards is only way to be fair to all players. Would it be nice to always get reward...sure Would it be nice to get epic/legendary/exotic for coming in 1st...hell yeah Would players that maybe are not to good a PvP stop playing if they no they'd never get a good reward...guarantee
                        Add more answer options

5 Replies
                        • I'm okay with it to a point... If you are better than me at PvP, you should be rewarded for it. If the rewards are FULL random then the system is broken. If the rewards are based on a bonus system (kills/assists/cap points) which modify your chance of better rewards, then the system is fine. I feel like everyone should get a shot at getting cool loot to reward their persevering through a match but some skill based modifier needs to be part of that reward system.
                          Add more answer options

1 Reply
                          • I think it's fine. You don't go into a lucky dip draw and bitch how you got a cheap prize when someone else got a TV. You knew that there was a chance to get a shite prize, accept that, scrap it for glimmer, move on.
                            Add more answer options

1 Reply
                            • Feel like bungie are just -blam!-ing up
                              Add more answer options

2 Replies
                              • I feel the same exact way
                                Add more answer options

1 Reply
                                • Hopefully theres actually some form of "equation" the game uses based on your performance for rewards...and none of this low level crap when im 4 levels above it! Lol
                                  Add more answer options

1 Reply
                                  • Bump
                                    Add more answer options

preload icon
                                  preload icon
                                  preload icon
                                  You are not allowed to view this content.