JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

OffTopic

Surf a Flood of random discussion.

Edited by Raptorkid24: 8/15/2014 10:25:30 PM

SSO 1: Drawing practice.

Okay, a lil summer resolution of mine, I wanna build up my sketching ability. So just tell me shit to draw, and if I like it I might show it. [b]Please[/b] critique! Thanks.
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Well if you're going to practice drawing, you need to have some graphite drawing pencils. I recommend (for starting out) getting a 2H, F, B, 2B pencils. If you don't know what these stand for, the higher-level H pencils produce much lighter shades of grey. For example, 4H is lighter than 2H. You'll want to use H pencils for pre-sketching and stuff like that. Not for shading though. For shading, you'll want to use B pencils and/or an F pencil. F is in the middle of H and B and the Bs work like the Hs. The higher the B, the darker the outcome. Also, don't use copy paper, not those flimsy, piece-of-shit paper. Get a sketchbook of sufficient size. Also, get a paper stump or turnicate for shading, it works a lot better than your finger, and the oils on your finger will mess up the sketch. Get a good eraser too. Be patient, and take your time, don't rush things. Also, (for those graphite, "art pencils") don't get the expensive packs that have 20 different pencils. I don't find myself constantly switching pencils when I draw, and generally only use like 3 or 4. Don't let the pencils make an excuse for you, learn to control your shading, and don't draw too hard, because then you'll have a hard/impossible time erasing accidental lines on your paper. Find your OWN style that suits you best, but don't be afraid to seek help. I'm not a professional. PLZ BE PATIENT!! sorry for wall of words...
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

1 Reply
    • Draw the Master Chef!
      Add more answer options

• Draw a muscular, faceless man. Full body.
      Add more answer options

2 Replies
      • Bump
        Add more answer options

• practice and youtube is your friend What type of art?
        Add more answer options

2 Replies
        • Draw Jörmingandr.
          Add more answer options

5 Replies
          • 'Nother bump
            Add more answer options

• Bump
            Add more answer options

• Boner
            Add more answer options

1 Reply
              randomrosso
              randomrosso

I'm new here. :) - old

Draw a cartoon character Like one from yer childhood.
              Add more answer options

1 Reply
              • Sharknado
                Add more answer options

1 Reply
                • -sexy pose- draw me like one of your French girls!
                  Add more answer options

2 Replies
                  • A castle.
                    Add more answer options

1 Reply
                    • Draw a Sangheili smiling!
                      Add more answer options

9 Replies
                      • Draw a Plasma Eagle
                        Add more answer options

2 Replies
                        • Big Daddy from bioshock.
                          Add more answer options

3 Replies
                          • Draw Vien
                            Add more answer options

2 Replies
                            • A scythe wielding taco
                              Add more answer options

2 Replies
                              • Perhaps a smi person?
                                Add more answer options

12 Replies
                                • A hang gliding Cthulhu :D
                                  Add more answer options

1 Reply
                                  • A cute little wolf.
                                    Add more answer options

1 Reply
                                    • Draw me as a narwhal (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
                                      Add more answer options

2 Replies
                                      • A dieselpunk city.
                                        Add more answer options

2 Replies
                                        • Edited by Hawk: 8/2/2014 11:48:06 PM
                                          How about a snowman? To upload to imgur, simply copy the image. Then on imgur click on upload, then press ctrl + v.
                                          Add more answer options

12 Replies
                                            randomrosso
                                            randomrosso

I'm new here. :) - old

Draw me a cat Cats make me happy
                                            Add more answer options

3 Replies
                                            preload icon
                                            preload icon
                                            preload icon
                                            You are not allowed to view this content.